Michael Fraser

HonkyMcHonK

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now, I as much as anyone thought fraser had a howler on Sunday, but just a reminder that he won man of the match on this site not too long ago...

M.O.T.M

Surely we establshed LONG ago that the voters on that poll each week made as much sense as the revellers at a 4 day Miaow Miaow party ?

Any chance the (sub?)title of this thing could get changed? No need for it to be what is I dont think.

But aye, try lending the guy some support at the weekend, it'll certainly help a hell of a lot more than abusing avery move the guy makes.

Agree with Stevie, we all know he's not as good as Ruddy. But we've not got anyone else, nae need for 15 pages of shite!

The only reason that it's got to 15 pages is because a couple of posters who seem to have the same opinion on every subject want to argue black is white to get a rise out of people. If they weren't involved this thread would have fizzled out long ago so the sooner people learn to ignore them the better.

Michael has a lot to do to convince me he should be our No1.

The first goal on Sun was most unfortunate, a simple slip of the foot, but coming so early did`nt do anything for his confidence.

He seemed to have weathered the storm but just minutes before half-time gave a rather panicky clearance which put Reynolds in problems and resulted in a needless corner.

Daly`s shot, although well struck, went right through Fraser.

Start of second half, another slip and Conway leaves the defence trailing but our last line of defence was pathetic - straight through him as if he was`nt there.

Flatters to deceive and certainly doesnt command his area which results in the whole defence having the jitters.

Hope we can get Big John back for the last few critical games or - I`m afraid its bye bye to a Europa place.

it amazes me how some people are just out to slate players and others will just defend them to the hilt no matter what they do just for the sake of argument,the fact is this guys cost us 2 games in my opinion not only with his mistakes but his mere presence seems to put the shiters up the defence,no doubt someone will argue but you cant deny the facts the boys not good enough and if we dont get a win at the wknd get our u19,s keeper in for some experience incase we cant replace ruddy,better a young guy with potential than a guy whos so bad he,s keeping some fans away from games, every time i see him playing i give the opposition a goal a start...not good enough...in my honest opinion

I wont be going to Hearts on Saturday because I refuse to pay 20 notes to watch this incompetent fud throw the ball into the back of our own net and cost us yet another game (which he will).

Part of me feels the same, but another part of me feels it's ridiculous to not go to a game due to the inclusion or otherwise of one player.

I wont be going to Hearts on Saturday because I refuse to pay 20 notes to watch this incompetent fud throw the ball into the back of our own net and cost us yet another game (which he will).

For a change I'm going to go to this one but I certainly won't be going with that train of thought. Fraser's inclusion (or not) doesn't change my outlook of hoping for a win, no single player can do that. OTT IMO

(And we'll have a good day out regardless of the result I'd imagine :lol: )

better a young guy with potential than a guy whos so bad he,s keeping some fans away from games,

I saw this young guy warming up on Sunday and maybe he has potential but he looks tiny and stick thin for a keeper and imo would have no chance against against the giant opponents of this league.

it amazes me how some people are just out to slate players and others will just defend them to the hilt no matter what they do just for the sake of argument,the fact is this guys cost us 2 games in my opinion not only with his mistakes but his mere presence seems to put the shiters up the defence,no doubt someone will argue but you cant deny the facts the boys not good enough and if we dont get a win at the wknd get our u19,s keeper in for some experience incase we cant replace ruddy,better a young guy with potential than a guy whos so bad he,s keeping some fans away from games, every time i see him playing i give the opposition a goal a start...not good enough...in my honest opinion

2 games? What two games?

I'd assume, he's talking about the 2 games that the mongo has been in goals recently?

Cellic away, and Dundee United at home.

Yes the defence never covered itself in glory at the Piggery but the mongo was culpable for both goals as he showed indecision on whether (and he should have) or not to come for the ball each time. Ruddy would have come for and claimed both imo.

On Sunday, he had a total fucking howler from start to finish, regardless of the goals (and I beleive he was at the very least partly to blame for all 3) he was erratic at best and was like a human wrecking ball at times, and sadly it was only our players that he seemed intent on wrecking.

He seems like a half-decent shot-stopper (although didnt look like that at the 3rd on Sunday), but the fact that he cant deal with cross balls into the box renders the mongo useless, he also inspires no confidence in the defence. Maybe we have been spoilt by Ruddy this season, as he is the most assured (and re-assuring) goalkeeper I've seen at Firry in 20-odd years of supporting the 'well, but if we dont make a goalkeeper a priority signing next season then this buffoon could single-handedly see us relegated. After Broons comments regarding the performance on Sunday I reckon he realises that Fraser is never an SPL level goalkeeper.

It's a bit unfair to compare Fraser to Ruddy, as he's one of the best 'keepers in the league at the moment, but he's definately not the best.

Judging by what Brown has said in the aftermath of the United game, i'd say that a new man between the sticks is a priority in his eyes, especially if Ruddy goes, which he probably will.

I'd assume, he's talking about the 2 games that the mongo has been in goals recently?

Cellic away, and Dundee United at home.

Yes the defence never covered itself in glory at the Piggery but the mongo was culpable for both goals as he showed indecision on whether (and he should have) or not to come for the ball each time. Ruddy would have come for and claimed both imo.

On Sunday, he had a total fucking howler from start to finish, regardless of the goals (and I beleive he was at the very least partly to blame for all 3) he was erratic at best and was like a human wrecking ball at times, and sadly it was only our players that he seemed intent on wrecking.

He seems like a half-decent shot-stopper (although didnt look like that at the 3rd on Sunday), but the fact that he cant deal with cross balls into the box renders the mongo useless, he also inspires no confidence in the defence. Maybe we have been spoilt by Ruddy this season, as he is the most assured (and re-assuring) goalkeeper I've seen at Firry in 20-odd years of supporting the 'well, but if we dont make a goalkeeper a priority signing next season then this buffoon could single-handedly see us relegated. After Broons comments regarding the performance on Sunday I reckon he realises that Fraser is never an SPL level goalkeeper.

If anyone blames Fraser for losing to Celtic then I'll worry about them. Our strikeforce's inability to score was our problem against Celtic that coupled with our centre backs inability to jump more than an inch off the ground. Nothing to do with Fraser. Fraser stopped us getting a hammering against Celtic, and made the Falkirk game look "respectable". But hey, ho - lets not let facts get away from the witch hunt.

If Fraser hadnt shat himself from coming off his line to punch or catch the cross for the second goal then we wouldnt have lost the game so i think people have every right to criticise him for that as we know if Ruddy had been goals we wouldnt have lost that game or even the Dundee utd game.

If Fraser hadnt shat himself from coming off his line to punch or catch the cross for the second goal then we wouldnt have lost the game so i think people have every right to criticise him for that as we know if Ruddy had been goals we wouldnt have lost that game or even the Dundee utd game.

We don't. know that. We only lost 3-2 against United with Fraser in goal. Mind the other week, when they pumped us? Ruddy was in goal that time, Ken?

Not true. But hey ho, I forgot how easy it is to be a keeper - nothing to do with Josh Thompson winning a header in a packed box without getting off the ground. Maybe Fraser should start man marking players too. :doh:

And if Fraser was in goal when Ruddy decided to be Messi against Dundee United a couple of weeks ago we would have won that game too - prove me wrong :wallbash:

Ruddy has made one mistake this season a few weeks ago against Dundee Utd but Fraser has made a number of errors this season, If you honestly believe he is the man to replace Ruddy next season then you are deluded. If you remember the Europa League game with Flamurtari where we won like 8v1 or something and Fraser was in goal he couldnt catch a cross to save himself and Jim Gannon said then he wasnt good enough and has been proved right. I cant believe people think he should be first choice then they obviously want us in a relegation scrap as he is a bombscare and instill absolutely NO confidence in the defence. Craig Brown has also said if you listen to his interviews carefully that if Ruddy had been in goals the last two games then the outcome would be different for us, That also proves he doesnt rate him.

If anyone blames Fraser for losing to Celtic then I'll worry about them. Our strikeforce's inability to score was our problem against Celtic that coupled with our centre backs inability to jump more than an inch off the ground. Nothing to do with Fraser. Fraser stopped us getting a hammering against Celtic, and made the Falkirk game look "respectable". But hey, ho - lets not let facts get away from the witch hunt.

Away and don't talk pish. He made one save from Keane that went straight at him and anything else he had to do was simple. I don't blame him for the defeat against Celtic but his decision making was poor at cross balls.

I seriously worry about anybody who could defend that muppet thats been in goals for us over the past couple of weeks. He's a disaster that has already happened. I wont abuse him at games as that does nothing for me, him or the team but if he is in goals next year then I am not looking forward to watching 38 games through the cracks in my fingers everytime he's called into duty.

I'd loved to be proven wrong, and he turns out to be a star turn for us, but there is more chance of Alan Brazil going for a pint with Jim Torbett.

Ruddy has made one mistake this season a few weeks ago against Dundee Utd but Fraser has made a number of errors this season, If you honestly believe he is the man to replace Ruddy next season then you are deluded. If you remember the Europa League game with Flamurtari where we won like 8v1 or something and Fraser was in goal he couldnt catch a cross to save himself and Jim Gannon said then he wasnt good enough and has been proved right. I cant believe people think he should be first choice then they obviously want us in a relegation scrap as he is a bombscare and instill absolutely NO confidence in the defence.

Ruddy has made one mistake?

Poor punch out leads to St Johnstone goal - first game of season

Ruddy comes charging out of the box, misses ball, man and swipes fresh air - first game of the season

Hibernian Free-kick which he punches into his own net at Fir Park

Flaps at cross against Rangers - not punished

He made 4 mistakes alone in the last Accies game at New Douglas Park. The first two in the first 5 minutes, coming for crosses that he had no chance of getting, missing ball and man.

etc. etc. etc. etc.

Ruddy has made countless mistakes, but one thing he has in his pocket is his ability to make up for mistakes - the speed that he can react to a situation (like one of his mistakes at New Douglas Park).

If we are to sign a keeper that won't make mistakes then I guess we'll not be signing any keeper. I don't know how much football you have seen this season, but I'm sure with Arsenal, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Inter Milan and many, many more all looking for the keeper that makes no mistakes we'll be able to find one no bother :wallbash:

Difference is you could easily find a better goalkeeper than Fraser, Ruddy has made a few mistakes, not as badly has Fraser has however, But if you want Fraser in goals next season then you should take yourself and jump off a cliff, He isnt a good goalie, most fans know that, the manager knows that, i know what im talking about so im not going to comment further on the matter.

Difference is you could easily find a better goalkeeper than Fraser, Ruddy has made a few mistakes, not as badly has Fraser has however, But if you want Fraser in goals next season then you should take yourself and jump off a cliff, He isnt a good goalie, most fans know that, the manager knows that, i know what im talking about so im not going to comment further on the matter.

Where have I said he should be number one? :wallbash:

I didn't think we should have signed Fraser when we did. I don't think he should be number 1. But he's isn't how some have put here shite! If he was he wouldn't be playing professional football in Scotland.

You know what you're talking about? So are you

1. Stevie Woods,

2. Steve Banks

3. Jim Stewart

4. A.N Other respected goalkeeper coach in Scotland?

My brother used to be a goalkeeper and was coached by professional coaches so i have a pretty good knowledge of whats required for a good goalie and Fraser isnt that for me, In my opinion you do want Fraser to be first choice because of how your defending him, The opinion i get here is you dont want to accept the fact Ruddy is better the reason for it is he has better quality coaching at Everton and is much taller and does catch the majority of crosses into the box, Fraser doesnt thats what im saying, i would say its quite accurate.