Michael Fraser

HonkyMcHonK

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael fraser had nothing to do thanks to our superb defence. So I don't think anyone can say he had a good game nor a bad one. The test will be in a crunch game with Hibs who have players likely to shoot from distance and the arial height of nish. Also celtic will pepper us as well. So well done on the clean sheet but as I say I could have kept goals the day.

Not too much for him to do today. Had a hairy moment early on when he let a shot squirm free but there were plenty of lacklustre balls into the box (crosses and shots both) for him to catch that should hopefully help give him a bit of much needed confidence.

Glad he kept a clean sheet today. Made a mistake at the start, as others have highlighted, that could have been very costly but he got away with it. Kicking still an issue but was a bit more cautious with regards to distribution so can't fault him there. I think Ruddy will be back for the trip to Parkhead.

michael fraser was awful today. granted he did not have much to do but he could easily have cost us the game. The mistake he made when he spilled the ball was horrific, the shot was a simple ball to collect that any goal keeper would be expected to hold(it wasnt even a hard shot) if it had been scored from the 2 resultant rebounds then we probably would have lost the game. His distrbution from kicks was worse than bad he kicked it straight out about 3-4 times. his positioning when a cross came in was horrible i remember it came over from the right and he was tottaly off balance and just looked lost. his handling on some of the saves he made was poor he dropped the ball once or twice and he looked uncomfortable in claiming the ball securely. Dont get me started on the dunndee utd game. but i must say what the fuck was he doing when he came out about 2-3 times trying to get a high ball (nowhere near anything) and clattered into our own players leaving bodies lying in his wake (funny if it just wasnt so fucking retarded) these are BASIC BASIC fundamentals an average goalie should have, infact lets see what i would pass him on.

kicking - shit

handling - looks uncomforatable

command of area - absolutely none

Confidence - rock botom

shot stopping - questionable (3rd dundee utd)

positioning - very poor

physical stature - average

the most worrying thing for me though was browns comments

"I think Michael was unfortunate against Celtic with a couple of corner kicks and then last week, many people saw what happened," added Brown.

"He held up his hand and he felt culpable last week against Dundee United.

"But he's a good lad, he's a good goalkeeper. It was great that he got a clean sheet today and that, of course, was a platform for us to get a victory.

i know brown never says anything bad and wants to keep every player in the camp happy but to not acknowledge how shit he was is poor in my opinion. Infact the way gannon identified how bad fraser was in europe and immediately resolved the problem by getting ruddy in was one of the main things that impressed me about gannon

fraser is a total bombscare in goals and it just destroys the confidence of the defence (luckily hearts dont have any decent strikers) get him tae fuck!!!

why dont we play ross hyslop in goals surely he cant be any worse than fraser

fraser fraser get to fuck

michael fraser was awful today. granted he did not have much to do but he could easily have cost us the game. The mistake he made when he spilled the ball was horrific, the shot was a simple ball to collect that any goal keeper would be expected to hold(it wasnt even a hard shot) if it had been scored from the 2 resultant rebounds then we probably would have lost the game. His distrbution from kicks was worse than bad he kicked it straight out about 3-4 times. his positioning when a cross came in was horrible i remember it came over from the right and he was tottaly off balance and just looked lost. his handling on some of the saves he made was poor he dropped the ball once or twice and he looked uncomfortable in claiming the ball securely. Dont get me started on the dunndee utd game. but i must say what the fuck was he doing when he came out about 2-3 times trying to get a high ball (nowhere near anything) and clattered into our own players leaving bodies lying in his wake (funny if it just wasnt so fucking retarded) these are BASIC BASIC fundamentals an average goalie should have, infact lets see what i would pass him on.

kicking - shit

handling - looks uncomforatable

command of area - absolutely none

Confidence - rock botom

shot stopping - questionable (3rd dundee utd)

positioning - very poor

physical stature - average

the most worrying thing for me though was browns comments

"I think Michael was unfortunate against Celtic with a couple of corner kicks and then last week, many people saw what happened," added Brown.

"He held up his hand and he felt culpable last week against Dundee United.

"But he's a good lad, he's a good goalkeeper. It was great that he got a clean sheet today and that, of course, was a platform for us to get a victory.

i know brown never says anything bad and wants to keep every player in the camp happy but to not acknowledge how shit he was is poor in my opinion. Infact the way gannon identified how bad fraser was in europe and immediately resolved the problem by getting ruddy in was one of the main things that impressed me about gannon

fraser is a total bombscare in goals and it just destroys the confidence of the defence (luckily hearts dont have any decent strikers) get him tae fuck!!!

why dont we play ross hyslop in goals surely he cant be any worse than fraser

fraser fraser get to fuck

You're at the wind up, right? :cheers:

You point out his confidence is non-existant, yet you then proceed to tell him to get to fuck? Makes total sesne :thumbup:

You're the one that should get to fuck if that's as intelligent as your input gets :lol:

Awesome 2nd post.

"Confidence - rock botom" (your spelling, not mine)

"fraser fraser get to fuck"

Inspiring stuff.

Whilst I can fully admit I'm not a massive fan of Fraser's goalkeeping abilities for us, I think 19 pages of this shit is really truly and utterly ripping the complete arse out of it.

Not really read much anywhere about the game.

All I see is Hearts 0 Motherwell 2. Meaning Fraser got a clean sheet so I say well done to him, will do his confidence the world of good :lol:

I agree. Hope he can build upon this. Well done.

Delighted with the win obviously, but really pleased for Fraser with the clean sheet. Mind you, it could all have been so different has we conceded from his handling error early on, but credit is due to him for a great recovery to deny Obua.

From then on he was fine, didn't have much to do in fairness but he was solid enough with the little work he had.

Well done Mikey!!

• 1 month later...