The Stadium

something else

Sorry to start another thread on this but the sooner we move from this shithole the better. Its an utter embarrassment. The stands are rotting, most of the seats are broke and i get itchy just sitting in it.

The pitch is a health hazard to everyone that steps onto it. Every club in Scotland is laughing at us.

Time to move out and groundshare with Airdrie or Accies till we either get it sorted right or move somewhere new.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i agree its time to move as the park is a shambles but its not that easy for one we need a buyer for fir park and where is the money going to come from to build a brand new stadium time we started something to get us to move but i know there will be people not wanting us to move as its our home and i can see there point of view

Boyle recognises it as much as we do, and sai as much on Off the Ball yesterday. the move needs to be financially sound for us though and sadly, according to JB, any move to Ravnscraig is a good few years away yet.

The most worrying thing he said was each year Fir Park gets more expensive to maintain. For that reason alone a move will need to happen at some point.

Fir Park illustrates the state of Scottish Football just now - dilapidated, patched up, and half empty! It would require some very clever investment or a sugar daddy to build a new stadium in near future. I like the look of the Norwegian stadiums too - but they do belong to teams who play in one of the wealthiest countries per head of capita in the world. A bit far removed from Lanarkshire.

and the south end of the pitch would get light from where ? and what about the slope ? and the pitch ? and the fact that engineers have doubted foundations could be driven for a new main stand or east stand re-roofing....mine shafts all over the place in Knowetop apparently.

Fir Park is no longer fit for purpose and all the dressing up in the world will not change that. It's 2010 and the future of MFC requires a far better faciliity than FP is or has the potential to be.

If our forebearers had shown the same forward thinking as some on here we'd still be at Roman Road FFS :wallbash:

why not use the cooper and away stands only and rebuild the other 2 in a similar design to the cooper?the main prob imo is the pitch rather than the stadium.it doesnae matter what is done with it,by jan it's a shambles again.surely a plastic pitch would be the only way to sort it and the sooner the spl allow it the better it'll be for us and the spl.

i agree its time to move as the park is a shambles but its not that easy for one we need a buyer for fir park and where is the money going to come from to build a brand new stadium time we started something to get us to move but i know there will be people not wanting us to move as its our home and i can see there point of view

Do you know what is easy? Using full stops.

:unsure: One would hope we'd do the same as everybody else thats done it - the money from the sale funds the new build

You moan we want away but let's see how you feel when we're playing in some legoland shiter like New St Mirren park. Long live Fir Park.

:nod: I'm in no hurry to move but recognise we're going to have to through necessity. To be honest a shitehole like St Mirren would finish me off, can't imagine rolling up to the Craig for another 45 years (hopefully) to sit in something like that. Four odd stands might help for a start :unsure:

Sorry to start another thread on this but the sooner we move from this shithole the better. Its an utter embarrassment. The stands are rotting, most of the seats are broke and i get itchy just sitting in it.

The pitch is a health hazard to everyone that steps onto it. Every club in Scotland is laughing at us.

Time to move out and groundshare with Airdrie or Accies till we either get it sorted right or move somewhere new.

Yeah let's build an out of town lego bullshit stadium with no emotional attachments for the support and even worse atmosphere than present that will be falling down within 25 years and need rebuilding again.

That way we can maybe get down to 2,000 supporters.

Too many people on here watch telly.

:unsure: One would hope we'd do the same as everybody else thats done it - the money from the sale funds the new build

The problem we have is that everybody else did their deals before the economic balloon burst, the construction industry will be years(decades?) before it picks up to a level where developers will be interested paying the kind of money we would need to up sticks and move.

The problem we have is that everybody else did their deals before the economic balloon burst, the construction industry will be years(decades?) before it picks up to a level where developers will be interested paying the kind of money we would need to up sticks and move.

yeah - I understand that. That's why we're not moving.

In essence, if we were gonna move, we've missed the boat and can't really predict when the next boat will pass.

yeah - I understand that. That's why we're not moving.

In essence, if we were gonna move, we've missed the boat and can't really predict when the next boat will pass.

Me personally,i would sit in our dilapidated little ground for years to come if they did one thing -give us a pitch that can last all season. I only go there for90 mins every second week so i don't really want to much from the ground, just a green bit in the middle.

Yeah let's build an out of town lego bullshit stadium with no emotional attachments for the support and even worse atmosphere than present that will be falling down within 25 years and need rebuilding again.

That way we can maybe get down to 2,000 supporters.

Too many people on here watch telly.

Ok then,lets stay in a delapidated fossil of a stadium where we have little to no facilities to generate extra cash and are haemorraging money from our tiny turnover every year just to scrape the stadium up to the level of a basic safety certificate.

That way we can maybe get down to 2000 supporters when people get fed up paying through the nose to sit in a wet,decaying shitehole.

But its ok,we have an emotional attatchment here so its all good!

Some people on here live in cloud cukoo land

:lol: One would hope we'd do the same as everybody else thats done it - the money from the sale funds the new build

As I understand it Motherwell cannot sell the land on as it came as part of a bequest from the Dalziel family and this includes a clause that says the land must be used for recreation/leisure purposes

what do people actually want from a stadium?

your there to watch the game and i don't see any difference between the plastic seats at ibrox or hampden and the one i sit on at fir park.

Ibrox + Hampden have facilities to generate cash for their respective clubs/owners. Plus are among the best stadiums in europe. Peoples problem from Fir Park aint the seats but the amount of money it costs the club to maintain every year due to it being poorly + cheaply built and the problems with the pitch.

Fir Park costs Motherwell on average almost 10% of our ANNUAL TURNOVER to maintain, when your turnover is stuck around and below £4m pa that is shocking!! And its killing the club.

What do I want from a stadium?

4 single terrace stands of 18-20 rows giving a capacity around the 10k-12k mark

steep pitch on stands and close to playing surface

A large,dividable hospitality lounge,some boxes,a sports bar + restaurant to generate cash

4th Generation Pitch that can be used by public + youth teams,generating cash

car parks (also generate turnover for club)

maybe like St Midden + Falkirk,a couple 5-a-side pitches on site (turnover)

corner seats are 1/3 more expensive than straight runs so a bowl stadium is out

Double tier stands dilute accoustics + cost £1m+ more than a single terrace

exterior cantilevers (falkirk/murrayfield/tattiebowl) are more expensive + get seriously expensive to maintain as time goes on so plain flat,internal cantilever roof will do,

so my plan above would work a treat (basically Weston Homes Stadium with some little tweaks)

plus sell naming rights for the 4 stands + the ground as a whole and whore the life out of the hospitality facilities (a Premier Club, Business Club for corporate packages and maybe something like a Club91 for game by game for normal fans looking for a special occasion, plus push weddings/meetings/conferences/boxing nights and the like)