The Stadium

something else

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well if it's different you want, "The Wall" is what you can do with a little bit of imagination!!

Currently being built in Qatar at a total cost of around 13 million quid (just a couple more than St Mirren Park!!), and a capacity of 11,000 (ideal!!)...

Designed and built by MZ & Partners.

Folk would come from all over the country just to look at it!

Well if it's different you want, "The Wall" is what you can do with a little bit of imagination!!

Currently being built in Qatar at a total cost of around 13 million quid (just a couple more than St Mirren Park!!), and a capacity of 11,000 (ideal!!)...

Designed and built by MZ & Partners.

Folk would come from all over the country just to look at it!

Now this is more like it!!

I can't believe that some think we should be looking at a 10,000 capacity stadium.

Look at our attendances over the past few years.

Like I said, we played Hearts a few weeks back, we were on a great run, challenging for Europe, it was an untelevised game, Saturday afternoon at 3pm, and we got under 4,000 fans.

The cheaper, and more sensible option, would be to look at a 7,000 or 8,000 maximum capacity stadium.

I can't believe that some think we should be looking at a 10,000 capacity stadium.

Look at our attendances over the past few years.

Like I said, we played Hearts a few weeks back, we were on a great run, challenging for Europe, it was an untelevised game, Saturday afternoon at 3pm, and we got under 4,000 fans.

The cheaper, and more sensible option, would be to look at a 7,000 or 8,000 maximum capacity stadium.

Surely we all (authorities, clubs, media, supporters) should be looking at getting the game in Scotland back to where it was a couple of decades ago. Not throwing in the towel.

15K for an OF game, 12K for a big cup tie, 7 or 8K for a big league game. 5 or 6K for a normal match.

10K minimum

"I felt I owed some respect to a club that gave me a job when I was unemployed, and contrary to misinformation I was working under a contract. My reward was the sack for a ‘failure to show commitment’. I have no regrets"

---Where did that come from SD? I Assume it was from JG?

Surely we all (authorities, clubs, media, supporters) should be looking at getting the game in Scotland back to where it was a couple of decades ago. Not throwing in the towel.

15K for an OF game, 12K for a big cup tie, 7 or 8K for a big league game. 5 or 6K for a normal match.

10K minimum

Some would say that i'm just being realistic.

There are so many contributing factors nowadays to why the game is on the slide, some of which we can do bugger all about.

When Sky Sports are showing shitloads of games every week, including the likes of the EPL, La Liga & the SPL, and ESPN are showing the best of the other European leagues, it's going to be hard to compete with that, especially at the prices we charge.

The numbers you mention there are terribly optimistic in my view, and simply won't happen.

This is one occasion that i'd dearly love to be wrong though.

There are so many contributing factors nowadays to why the game is on the slide, some of which we can do bugger all about.

When Sky Sports are showing shitloads of games every week, including the likes of the EPL, La Liga & the SPL, and ESPN are showing the best of the other European leagues, it's going to be hard to compete with that, especially at the prices we charge.

The numbers you mention there are terribly optimistic in my view, and simply won't happen.

Yeah, I know where we are now, and you're probably right and none of the turkeys associated with the clubs or scottish football in general will ever vote for anything other than Christmas

But TV coverage and cost and alternative pursuits are where they are right now. it's not to say that they can't change.

if we can we should be a wee bit more optomistic.

If not we're accepting the death of the working man's game.

But these are the things that need to change

SPL demand all clubs have a 10,000 minimum stadium, so at present that would be the in the first line of the brief given to any architectural firm.

I think something like that wall is fantastic, something really different that would encourage increased attendance I'm sure. The mound of grass like the Australian Parliament makes it but more suited to the middle east as keeping the cars cool is major consideration.

SPL demand all clubs have a 10,000 minimum stadium, so at present that would be the in the first line of the brief given to any architectural firm.

I think something like that wall is fantastic, something really different that would encourage increased attendance I'm sure. The mound of grass like the Australian Parliament makes it but more suited to the middle east as keeping the cars cool is major consideration.

Has that minimum capacity not been reduced to 6/8k now though?

Thing is though, if your maximum capacity is 7-8000 as you're suggesting, you're not giving us a chance for you to be wrong because even if you are theres nothing we can do about it because theres no more room and we've shot ourselves in the foot by being overly cautious.