More Fixture Farce

MFCGaryMFC

Motherwell’s final home game of the season against Hibs, scheduled for Thursday 6th May, has been moved forward 24 hours due to operational issues on General Election night.Knowetop Primary, adjacent to Fir Park Stadium, is a key polling station in the Motherwell area. With the election vote taking place on the same evening, the club raised issues over safety, congestion, resources and the ability to vote.

All of which were accepted by the SPL, Hibernian FC and our satellite broadcasting partner Sky Sports, and the game will now take place on Wednesday 5th May with a 7.45pm (Live on Sky Sports).

This'll be the SPL's offiial way of "making it up to us". A pish attempt. If they really wanted fairness, send Shellic to Fir Park a week on Saturday.

I know that, think we were all talking about that on Sunday. But I wouldn't be surprised if the SPL took credit for what is simply common sense.

Its nowt to do with the SPL, it was a Police decision apparently. Sensible too, where were all the corporate folk going to park before the game for example?

It makes my blood boil to see that auld fud Walter bleating about Gers supposed fixtures imbalance, he should try ours for size!!

So they move a game (which is two and a half weeks away) to the day before it was originally scheduled (a whole 24 hours!) to make things easier for the public surrounding Fir Park to vote and to make some people's lives easier?

FARCE!

:wub:

A wee side note is Hibs current form is dire compared to ours. Last 15 games see them as W 3 D 3 L 9, losing 5 of their last six.

They've lost the last 4, same as us, but their run of bad form does go back a lot further.

4th still up for grabs but we NEED a result on Saturday.

I'll be working late on the Wednesday but I'll still make the game.

To be honest I'm glad it's been moved as it would have been a complete joke to play a game on the night of a election.

They've lost the last 4, same as us, but their run of bad form does go back a lot further.

4th still up for grabs but we NEED a result on Saturday.

A draw at Hearts, a win at home to Hibs and Dundee Utd beat Ross County and it's time to get the passports out again, well not me I'm skint, but its still an exciting end to the season.

As for the Hibs match it should never, ever, ever have been scheduled for election night - that was just idiotic.

Its nowt to do with the SPL, it was a Police decision apparently. Sensible too, where were all the corporate folk going to park before the game for example?

It makes my blood boil to see that auld fud Walter bleating about Gers supposed fixtures imbalance, he should try ours for size!!

I think you'll find it was a club request to SPL after consulting the police ..... the police don't decide the fixture dates.

i've got tickets for that too, should be a good one

think i'm going to go to the game.

options are.

1. first half in the east stand second half on the radio then the gig.

2. full game on tv in town then the gig.

3. full game in the east stand then rush in for the last 45 minutes of the gig.

4. punt gig tickets and use the money to go on a end of season bender on the sunday after ibrox.

:lol:

think i'm going to go to the game.

options are.

1. first half in the east stand second half on the radio then the gig.

2. full game on tv in town then the gig.

3. full game in the east stand then rush in for the last 45 minutes of the gig.

4. punt gig tickets and use the money to go on a end of season bender on the sunday after ibrox.

:wallbash:

Get to the gig man. you'll prolly no get the chance to see Pavement again.