2010 / 11 Season Ticket Deal Expectations

Steve Diggle

Got mine on instalments this season. the interest on it was about 25 quid offhand but missed a payment by dd and got a 25 quid charge on top of my monthly payment.

Completely my own fault but just to make folk aware of it. :P

You would have to sign a direct debit agreement with the finance company which usually has the default charges in small print.

Only know this because I signed one for my car insurance today ;)

Exactly why we are in a recession. Not the place I know.

I would like to see a small reduction, even if its £5-£10. I think its only fair given the facilities and the state of the pitch. I don't see pay at the gate prices changing.

What is wrong with putting it on a interest free credit card and then making payments to it over the 6 month interest free period?

Not exactly why we are in a recession!

What is wrong with putting it on a interest free credit card and then making payments to it over the 6 month interest free period?

Agreed, I've done the same for the past two seasons.

Get credit card with as long a free interest rate as you possibly can, work out your monthly repayments over that period, set up a standing order/direct debit for the duration of that interest free period and away you go.

For anyone going down that route, renewal forms I suspect are likely to be sent out around the end of the season. I'd suggest start searching for the appropriate card now so you have your card just in time for the anticipated early bird sale so you are saving a bit more still.

Agreed, I've done the same for the past two seasons.

Get credit card with as long a free interest rate as you possibly can, work out your monthly repayments over that period, set up a standing order/direct debit for the duration of that interest free period and away you go.

For anyone going down that route, renewal forms I suspect are likely to be sent out around the end of the season. I'd suggest start searching for the appropriate card now so you have your card just in time for the anticipated early bird sale so you are saving a bit more still.

Not only that, if you are a decent enough customer, sometimes the company will likely offer you a new interest free period every now and again.

A good few times I've phoned up Barclaycard and told them I have a big purchase and Im about to go get a card from one of their competitors to take advantage of interest free periods. I asked them if they could do anything, it obviously triggered alarm bells with them and they give me a new 6-9 month interest free window. Basically I have a card for buying big goods on, and my barclaycard who can be relied upon to give me the interest free window as long as I pay them the transfer charge - usually 2-3%.

Of course one day this won't work and I will have to go out and get a fresh card.

There would really have to be a installment deal for me to consider buying a season book.

Youre buying one, as per our agreement in the pub!!!!

Simple!

This will be my first next season, a myriad of things have prevented me from getting one before (university, drug habit, amateur football playing, etc, you get the drift.)

Nothing wrong with it.... until you cant pay it back. If you cant afford it - dont buy it. Its that kind of attitude that puts us in a recession... i dont mean this specifically is a cause for recession... doi.

I don't really see the problem with Mitches suggestion, to be fair. It would be the same as saving up for a year for a season ticket, buying it and then starting again, except you don't have to miss a years football. And the price you pay for that is that you don't get the credit interest you would've got if you were saving up. No problem, and certainly not the reason why we're in a recession. Irresponsible lenders and borrowers are the reason, yes, but Mitches suggestion is perfectly responsible, and exactly how a credit card should be used.

My expectation for season ticket 2010/11

• pay my hard earned up front to sit in a dilapidated shed
  • be promised all sorts of perks and benefits
  • get none of said perks and benefits
  • be out of pocket vs pay at the gate prices when the club do various ticket price offers (Hibs game £10)

pretty much the same as my expectations for season ticket 2009/10

this opinion will get bashed , but i think we should have a more germanic approach where there is only 10% season tickets per team and the rest pay at the gate... Instead of £14 a mach for season tickets and £22 for pay at gate, they should get rid of the season tickets and everybody pay a lower rate of £15. That way people can budget better and not feel stuck on a deal that last a year and still get the discount.

this opinion will get bashed , but i think we should have a more germanic approach where there is only 10% season tickets per team and the rest pay at the gate... Instead of £14 a mach for season tickets and £22 for pay at gate, they should get rid of the season tickets and everybody pay a lower rate of £15. That way people can budget better and not feel stuck on a deal that last a year and still get the discount.

But the club relies on season ticket money coming to pay their way over the summer and budget for next season outgoings in advance.

As discussed elsewhere at length, while its a excellent offer for those with children who are old enough to appreciate it, maybe targeting youngsters with a family member who is already committed to the club to buy a season ticket isn't who we should be going after to increase our attendances.

To increase them we need to go after the children of OF fans who live in our natural catchment area of Motherwell, Wishaw, Bellshill, New Stevenson, etc. with the proximity of being able to attend easy and cost effective.

As discussed elsewhere at length, while its a excellent offer for those with children who are old enough to appreciate it, maybe targeting youngsters with a family member who is already committed to the club to buy a season ticket isn't who we should be going after to increase our attendances.

To increase them we need to go after the children of OF fans who live in our natural catchment area of Motherwell, Wishaw, Bellshill, New Stevenson, etc. with the proximity of being able to attend easy and cost effective.

Agreed, while it will be of great benefit to existing fans with a couple of bairns there needs to be a seperate initiative in order to get other kids coming along. I don't see the season ticket deal capturing a significant amount of fresh blood.

Essentially this is an initiative to increase our attendance which shows commitment from the top even if we may lose money initially. Hopefully some kids who go along in 2010/11 will continue to attend in the years ahead. I know of a couple of Well fans who fell by the wayside when they had kids due to how much time it take up, if this encourages well support back then ideal but I'd suggest it needs followed up with flyers to all local primary and secondary schools and maybe something at local supermarkets (ASDA Motherwell, Newmains, Morrisons Bellshill and Wishaw) over the next couple of months.

I would argue however that if a child has a Motherwell supporting parent who is inclined to buy a season ticket then that child would probably have an affinity with MFC through their role model and every wee boy likes to seek his Dad's approval, so most of the kids target will have or would probably visited FP in the past. This may get them to visit more regularly.

I don't know how the working week of a youth team member is made up now, when I was a lad and spoke to any mates that got S-Forms it seemed to be 10am start, bit of fitness, bit of set pieces, bit more fitness, bounce game, physio, bookies/snooker hall.

Why not send 2-3 of them plus a few fringe fist team players out for 1-2 afternoons a week to primary and secondry schools to coach them. That will increase affinity with the club especially if they give out the odd ticket to the best trainer or most improved player.