Steelmenonline.co.uk

SuperSteelman

Used to love reading this forum every day but recently it has been 90% negativity towards the club and the players. Why don't people get behind Motherwell anymore when we are doing well in the league, it seems that most want to slag off the players , the pitch , the manager ( if he loses a couple of games), ffs we are nearly in Europe and there is nothing exciting to read on here anymore.

Personally i think all the negativity towards Motherwell is having an effect on the crowds and performances.

Motherwell fans have been a right fickle bunch in all the time I've been a 'Well fan. You have a point mate, but you must remember that people are entitled to their opinion ................ and it seems easier to post a negative one rather than a positive one.

Mon the Well :huh:

I think it's more just the need to vent when things aren't going well. When things are ticking along nicely, a quiet satisfaction is generally what most folk will go for. Even if we won the Cup, most folk would be out singing and dancing into the wee small hours, but the need to go on to the computer and type 'Yaaaaaaaa Beeeee-auty!' isn't really there.

It is a shame that if any players read it, they mostly only get a mention if they've made an arse of something - they should really treat it as no news being good news in that respect!

Intae these Hearts Bams tomorrow and most 'Well fans will be right behind Craig and the boys - remember all the good times like beatin the Celtic in the cup semi, the final itself, Fitzy's goal in CIS semi final, Skippy Sunday, James McFadden, Andy Russell and Tizer the dug, Dixie Deans, Joe Wark, gubbin Spurs, Jumbo Muir, Mio's goal at Easter road, Davie Cooper, promotion at Forfar, Gary McAllister, Stevie Kirk savin a pen at Tynecastle, pie & apint post match in the Cooper, POTY dances in The Garrion, game called off because of wind at Arbroath, beating Coventry away, Willie Pettigrew, Bobby Russell roundin Ginsburg, the caravan at the bottom of the hill at Knowetop end, Katovice (whole game), John Goldthorpe, macaroon bars and spearmint gum, fir park club under the stand, Jackie McInally, spoilin Gers title party, Colin O'Neils semi goal celebration,Keith McCrae 12 games unbeaten

'Mon the 'Well

Intae these Hearts Bams tomorrow and most 'Well fans will be right behind Craig and the boys - remember all the good times like beatin the Celtic in the cup semi, the final itself, Fitzy's goal in CIS semi final, Skippy Sunday, James McFadden, Andy Russell and Tizer the dug, Dixie Deans, Joe Wark, gubbin Spurs, Jumbo Muir, Mio's goal at Easter road, Davie Cooper, promotion at Forfar, Gary McAllister, Stevie Kirk savin a pen at Tynecastle, pie & apint post match in the Cooper, POTY dances in The Garrion, game called off because of wind at Arbroath, beating Coventry away, Willie Pettigrew, Bobby Russell roundin Ginsburg, the caravan at the bottom of the hill at Knowetop end, Katovice (whole game), John Goldthorpe, macaroon bars and spearmint gum, fir park club under the stand, Jackie McInally, spoilin Gers title party, Colin O'Neils semi goal celebration,Keith McCrae 12 games unbeaten

'Mon the 'Well

Reminds me of that Norwegian TV commentators rant in the early 80's when they beat England. Quality!

'Mon the 'Well

poty dances in the garrion with gagsy on the tables were the days :D

'Mon the 'Well

Dortmund, Wullie McCallum, holding the Scottish cup wi Claret & Amber ribbons on it, Jim Hamiltons goal v Celtic, yer first autograph book, Nancy away trip, Tommy Coyne M'Lord, segregation, Doooogie, Van Der Gaag goalv Pars, Peter Marinello, the open toilet that looked out to the street, Luc Nijholt, Fir Park Cafe ice cream, Away days at Edinburgh - my lift awaits

These are a few of my favourite things.

'Mon the 'Well

Dortmund, Wullie McCallum, holding the Scottish cup wi Claret & Amber ribbons on it, Jim Hamiltons goal v Celtic, yer first autograph book, Nancy away trip, Tommy Coyne M'Lord, segregation, Doooogie, Van Der Gaag goalv Pars, Peter Marinello, the open toilet that looked out to the street, Luc Nijholt, Fir Park Cafe ice cream, Away days at Edinburgh - my lift awaits

These are a few of my favourite things.

'Mon the 'Well

the wee football programme shop up the street :D

'Mon the 'Well

Just champion Drew .................... great post imho.

Totally agree with the original post. Maybe it is just me, but I think the whole forum has went a bit shite of late.

I used to go into work and find myself spending a good hour or so reading this place, now I'd rather just get on with my work.

I agree...its mostly about football. :lol:

I really don't understand why threads get closed because "the topic is getting discussed in another thread"

I don't want to read 10 pages of bullshit and fish out one bit of new news, probably unrelated to the original topic.

Know what you are saying but I'd guess that most folk would rather go to one thread to follow developments and discuss an issue rather than having a debate or the same information spread across two or three threads.

I think you have just highlighted the point he is trying to make Finlay

tends to be on loan players that get the most support and the signed up Motherwell players that receive the most criticism.

swings and rounabouts in my eyes, I remember CLum Elliot :lol: , and I appreciate the many players that get tore to bits on here and in the stands, because, they are our players and as a club with our budgetary constraints they are the best we should be expecting and as such supporting

I really don't understand why threads get closed because "the topic is getting discussed in another thread"

Topics are usually merged rather than closed

I don't want to read 10 pages of bullshit and fish out one bit of new news, probably unrelated to the original topic.

Then it's a football news website you want not a web forum.

This forum is a lot like the crowd at fir park unfortunately. The vast majority only open their mouths when someone fucks up. Even archie knox commented on it when we were beating rangers. Think he compared the place to a morgue.... or funeral, or wake, or a scene of a horrific murder. Canny mind.

I think you have just highlighted the point he is trying to make Finlay

tends to be on loan players that get the most support and the signed up Motherwell players that receive the most criticism.

swings and rounabouts in my eyes, I remember CLum Elliot :huh: , and I appreciate the many players that get tore to bits on here and in the stands, because, they are our players and as a club with our budgetary constraints they are the best we should be expecting and as such supporting

Rereading the thread I think you are right. My mistake.

This forum is a lot like the crowd at fir park unfortunately. The vast majority only open their mouths when someone fucks up. Even archie knox commented on it when we were beating rangers. Think he compared the place to a morgue.... or funeral, or wake, or a scene of a horrific murder. Canny mind.

When did he say this?