Should We Throw The Celtic Game?

Ya Bezzer!

If Dundee Utd beat Celtic tomorrow it would be Celtic on 69 points and Dundee Utd on 65 points.

If Motherwell then won against Celtic in the next fixture and Dundee Utd also won it would be down to 69/68 with a Celtic v Rangers match then coming up and Dundee Utd at home to Hibs.

Now bearing in mind that we are virtually guaranteed to finish 5th now and that we won't qualify for Europe by finishing 5th if Dundee Utd finish 2nd (I believe that's the case!) should we then 'not try too hard' against Celtic to make it harder for Dundee Utd to finish second?

Having done that we could try for 4th place by beating Hibs at Fir Park but having eliminated a possible scenario were we wouldn't qualify for Europe by finishing 5th.

:D

I can guess this wouldn't be popular with an element of our support but depending on results it might be the 'sensible' thing to do.

I always want to beat The Tims :D
WIN and WIN - forget 5th as Ross County are going to win the cup anyway (just look at United`s record)

Much better to win our place on merit (having said all that will still settle for any route, yes even fair play if that was the only way left)

:P

MON RA DOSSERS

I'd take a draw

But we should defo be going into the game to win it

it was discussed some weeks back and I think I said at the time if it was clear cut, we should support the best business decision for Motherwell

unfortunately as the game draws closer its nowhere near clear cut, we're not even guaranteed 5th just yet

so every point for us is still critical

and we are still owed a few points for good performances against the sellik this season

If a couple of results go our way before we play Hibs, and we beat them we could have 4th place sewn up BEFORE Ibrox........and Celtic and Dun Utd could finish wherever they want for all I care. Get Celtic stuffed next Saturday.

We throw the game and Hearts win the derby and we're needing them to beat Celtic for them not to finish 2nd - thats them got six points. Not beyond the realms they could beat United to and we don't beat Hibs. Not very likely but plausible. We go there, do our best, if we get anything it heightens our chances of 4th but we;ll probably lose anyway.

No chance! We're not in a good enough position to throw any game. We'd look stupid if we did lie down to Shellic and Hibs beat the Jambos as we'd drop to fifth! How is that an advantage to us??!!!

its £60k per placing isnt it?

thats whats worrying me about this fixture nonsense. Ok so weve lost an old firm home game which will lose us £120k, plus weve been fucked over with the other fixtures meaning we will lose some from those 2 as well, however if losing the Celtic home game does indeed cost us £120k, why the fuck are we budgeting for finishing top 6 AND for another home old firm game after the split? surely weve budgeted for bottom 6 in which case losing the Celtic game now is cancelled by finishing 5th instead of 7th? If not,why the hell arent we?? We lose a load of players in the summer,slash our wage bill,bring in english low league nobodies + kids and STILL budget for a top 6 finish? surely thats a suicidal attitude?

Surely Boyle would have "re-budgeted" knowing we were top six rather than budget top six?

Anyway, as for lying down to Celtic... no. Although if Celtic beat United then we could be seeing a rather changed Celtic team as they have the Old Firm game, which Lennon will see as a must win if he wants to take the Celtic job, just a couple of days later.

Surely Boyle would have "re-budgeted" knowing we were top six rather than budget top six?

So he re-budgeted and included a game against the old firm and saturday home fixtures BEFORE he knew the actual fixtures + dates? Seriously doubt that!

Oh and yes, fuck Celtic, take 3 points off the Chunts!!!!!!

Rather than asking if we should throw the game, should we consider resting certain members of the first team instead?

The big game against Hibs is just days after the Celtic game. Do we protect our key players to ensure they are at their peak to take on Hibs?

I'd say no (at this stage of the season, we've got to try and win every game we can) but I wonder if anyone would say yes?