• Tom Hateley vs Rangers 10/02/10
    • Jin O'Brien vs Hearts 13/03/10
    • Lukas Jutekiwicz v Hibs 5/5/10
    • Another goal

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully appreciate the technique in most of these goals was outstanding and has beenrightly lauded. However I always prefer a team goal so I'm voting for JOB v Killie.

I was just about to come on and post the same thing. Was a brilliant goal, and in a similar vein to McGarrys at St Mirren in that it was a magnificent team goal that meant so much more because it signalled the start of an era.

My vote went to Forbesy's goal at Perth. We were sitting near the front at the far end of the stand and had a great view of the ball heading in. It was a wonderful strike and is worthy of the GOTS award.

Incase anyone missed it the 'official' goal of the SPL season 2009/10 is Stokes' strike for Hibs against Rangers at Ibrox. Lovely bit of skill and great goal............but I still say Forbes' goal was better ^_^

Taking the C&A tinted specs off I would just give it to Stokes because he had to control the ball first.

Jonesy huv a word wi' this eejit. ;)

:lol:

I can't be bothered explaining it all, but your right, he's aff his heid.

Forbes' goal was by far the better goal. Just dae as yer telt Tweed. :P

Quick Edit:

Is it fuck, Boyd's Stokes' goal wis fur Rangers Hibs, O'Briens Forbes was for us so it should have stood is clearly the best goal of the season, if not the decade. You learned yet? :P;)

There.

I've not seen the Forbes goal v. St Johnstone for a while, but I remember wondering at the time if he'd meant it. Is there a chance it was a desparately misplaced cross that was lucky enough to go in?

*runs away and hides*

NEVER! :lol::lol:

Snoop. :notworthy:

Sheeeee-it, spoilt a bit by being top of the page.

I never really know hwo to judge goal of the season style polls/comps. I find it hard to compare long range strikes form team goals, diving headers from volleys and so on. It's a ll just a matter of taste I suppose. And what about the importance of the goal, does that matter or play a part in the selection.

I went for Murphy's against the Accies but could have picked any really. Surprised Forbes' is such a clear front-runner.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry :D

I also started a post just before the first home game (3-1 vs Killie) questioning when was the last time we scored in the last minute of a game.

Maybe we should merge the two :lol:

For the record I have changed my mind as well!!