Darren Smith

postiejim

After Reading a lot of the posts on this topic I feel I must have been watching a different player from the majority of the people on here. I didn't see much of this pace or ability that would see him be deserving of a new contract, don't get me wrong he scored a couple of important goals which have gave us all great memories but in truth I'm not sure if he was really Motherwell standard, wish him all the best if he does go and hopefully carve out a career in the game, he seemed a decent enough guy.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Reading a lot of the posts on this topic I feel I must have been watching a different player from the majority of the people on here. I didn't see much of this pace or ability that would see him be deserving of a new contract, don't get me wrong he scored a couple of important goals which have gave us all great memories but in truth I'm not sure if he was really Motherwell standard, wish him all the best if he does go and hopefully carve out a career in the game, he seemed a decent enough guy.

Spot on. My views exactly.

fair enough.

inform me of the matches which humphrey made a valuable contribution this season then?

i'd say he played well at celtic park, was not bad at accies at RB but was outjumped for the second goal and looked dangerous but produced zilch both times at perth. he's had more than a few nightmares.

nae goals and one assist from a corner from a guy who does nothing but attack and has great pace is a poor return. andy roddie set up more goals than humphrey.

fair enough.

inform me of the matches which humphrey made a valuable contribution this season then?

i'd say he played well at celtic park, was not bad at accies at RB but was outjumped for the second goal and looked dangerous but produced zilch both times at perth. he's had more than a few nightmares.

nae goals and one assist from a corner from a guy who does nothing but attack and has great pace is a poor return. andy roddie set up more goals than humphrey.

Out jumped? That's because he was trying to mark two players.

Humphrey makes a great impact, it's just shite that our team is probably the worst at supporting forward players in the league. The amount of times Humphrey gets into space, makes a decent cross and you're lucky if there is 1 Motherwell player in the box.

Specific matches? You've got me there. However, It's not all about stats.

fair enough.

I agree. I rate smith alot higher, he was a hardworking player who always put in a good shift. Always good for a goal. Humphrey has yet to produce anything and he has been available virtually all the campaign.

Out jumped? That's because he was trying to mark two players.

Humphrey makes a great impact, it's just shite that our team is probably the worst at supporting forward players in the league. The amount of times Humphrey gets into space, makes a decent cross and you're lucky if there is 1 Motherwell player in the box.

Specific matches? You've got me there. However, It's not all about stats.

Aye good yin!

I like Darren Smith, think he's got the potential to be a decent wee player at our level. Similarly I think Chris Humphrey has to do a lot more to become genuinely valuable to the team...he's nowhere near a starting place yet. In saying that though, Darren Smith would never even have spotted the ball Humphrey bent round the defender onto Jamie Murphy's chest at Tynecastle the other day...let alone have been able to execute it.

In that case, prepare yourself for a lifetime of industrial lubricants, helpful pensioners, and improper use of tenpin bowling equipment.

You also might want to set yourself up in advance with some private healthcare and a doctor who can keep a secret.

In that case, prepare yourself for a lifetime of industrial lubricants, helpful pensioners, and improper use of tenpin bowling equipment.

You also might want to set yourself up in advance with some private healthcare and a doctor who can keep a secret.

:notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...