Are We Still Paying Graeme Smith Lol?

dixie1886

• 1 year later...

I wonder how appealling that is for him and his young family.

When you hear stuff like that you immediately think that it isn't a good place to be living. Who knows he might be earning bucket loads and living like a king - however i doubt that very much.

Apparently a decent guy (well so all around him at FP say every time someone has a wee go at him in one of these threads)

However for me the fact remains - he came out with some amount of shite (about playing for the team that splits the old firm etc) before leaving here for . . . . . Brighton.

I never ever thought he was a good keeper and like many before him and since - would have been far better advised to stay at the well and develop his game.

Glad he left though - we've been i good shape between the sticks ever since.

I would say living in Azerbaijan is a better option than Kenny Miller took by upping sticks to Turkey. With the Oil industry out there, the place is very Western-ised and full of ex-pats, esp Baku. Im not sure how far away Galaba FC is based from Baku, but there is a fair share of ex-pats spread throughout the country, and isnt a bad place to be based for a couple of years. Good luck to him, met him last year on a night out in Edinburgh and he came across as a sound bloke.

Cant dislike him after that penalty save in Nancy!

I always thought he was a decent keeper for us. A few mistakes and flapped a bit at crosses but generally a decent keeper for a club our size.

Met him at a PoTY do a few years back and was sound bloke, had time to speak to everybody.