Maros Klimpl -cutbacks At Dundee?

andybug

I see Dundee have released 9 or are not renewing contracts with 4 other players

From BBC

"Dundee have released nine players - including player of the year Jim Lauchlan - and told four others they are free to find new clubs.

It follows the club's failure to win Division One and promotion.

Tony Bullock, Derek Soutar, Eddie Malone, Gary MacKenzie, David Cowan, Colin Cameron, Darren Young, Bob Malcolm and Lauchlan are released.

Ritchie Hart, Maros Klimpl, Chris Casement and Bryan Deasley have been told they are no longer wanted. "

Maros Klimpl included- Have we moved on since he was here?

In a word... yes. In my opinion we now have at least 4 central midfielders better than him in the squad and although I enjoyed watching him charge about he was never that great.

Looking at the players mentioned in that report though it's hardly surprising that Dundee never won the league! Only sensible player brought in was Leigh Griffiths and can't see him hanging about.

Yes we have moved on - he was always overated anyway.

Funny how he was a folk hero when he was here but as soon as he's at another club he's 'over rated'!

Anyway I wasn't one of these excitable types that thought he was the best thing since sliced bread but surely based on his performances at Fir Park he'd make a decent addition to the squad, if not an automatic pick. He would be good cover for Lasley/Jennings and might suit some types of games.

I always felt that his main contribution to the team was some much needed dig in the midfield. He was never one to hold position well or pass the ball about really well. He was there to get in people's faces and close down the opposition.

Now, we've got Steve Jennings in the middle of the park who is, in my opinion, much better at putting himself about but also has the added ability to hold the ball and play in his team mates.

I enjoyed watching Klimpl while he was here and he brought something we needed at the time. Now though, I think we're better off in that department.

I always felt that his main contribution to the team was some much needed dig in the midfield. He was never one to hold position well or pass the ball about really well. He was there to get in people's faces and close down the opposition.

Now, we've got Steve Jennings in the middle of the park who is, in my opinion, much better at putting himself about but also has the added ability to hold the ball and play in his team mates.

I enjoyed watching Klimpl while he was here and he brought something we needed at the time. Now though, I think we're better off in that department.

Exactly.

Generally, I don't like to see players returning to a club.

At least Hammell and Lasley left to try a new country and many saw Southend and Plymouth as a step up at the time. 

Klimpl left for Dundee, FFS. :lol:  And failed to help them get promoted. Folk should have a think about this.

As others have mentioned, Klimpl did do a job for us at the time, although he wasn't particularly mobile and he, like Fat Boab, was prone to rash challenges. I wouldn't take him back, even if his wage demands were at Under 19 level.

SD   

Generally, I don't like to see players returning to a club.

At least Hammell and Lasley left to try a new country and many saw Southend and Plymouth as a step up at the time. 

Klimpl left for Dundee, FFS. :lol:  And failed to help them get promoted. Folk should have a think about this.

As others have mentioned, Klimpl did do a job for us at the time, although he wasn't particularly mobile and he, like Fat Boab, was prone to rash challenges. I wouldn't take him back, even if his wage demands were at Under 19 level.

SD   

He didn't leave for Dundee, he was on loan at us and then his contract expired.

Also Griffiths and Harkins didn't get promoted either so would you say no to them? There a loads of examples of us picking up good players from lowly circumstances and poor sides.

I really hope you are being irreverent.

He didn't leave for Dundee, he was on loan at us and then his contract expired.

Also Griffiths and Harkins didn't get promoted either so would you say no to them? There a loads of examples of us picking up good players from lowly circumstances and poor sides.

I really hope you are being irreverent.

First point, whilst valid, is a bit of a technicality. He dropped down a division to join the big-spending, pre-season favorites and was part of the squad that failed miserably in the aim of achieving promotion.

Cannot really comment on the others as I'm not watching Dundee regularly. Griffiths does get a good reputation; his name doesn't appear amongst the 16 listed today.

I really hope you are being relevant.  :lol:

SD

Work with a Dundee Season ticket holder and he says Kimpl been awful after a decent start, rumours he is on huge contract (OF proportions) so if he doesnt mind a wage cut could end up at dons. Think Mcghee trying to replacate his first season success kyle would be porter (though not any were near as good!) and kimpl would add steal. I would go near any of them if I was well manager too much money for players that would not get in our first eleven

I see Dundee have released 9 or are not renewing contracts with 4 other players

From BBC

"Dundee have released nine players - including player of the year Jim Lauchlan - and told four others they are free to find new clubs.

It follows the club's failure to win Division One and promotion.

Tony Bullock, Derek Soutar, Eddie Malone, Gary MacKenzie, David Cowan, Colin Cameron, Darren Young, Bob Malcolm and Lauchlan are released.

Ritchie Hart, Maros Klimpl, Chris Casement and Bryan Deasley have been told they are no longer wanted. "

Maros Klimpl included- Have we moved on since he was here?

Pretty sure that's ex-Well player David Cowan. Looked a good prospect before a bad injury. Remember seing him play for Gretna V Celtic at FP and was looking back to his best. Not seen him play recently, but always rated him.

Are these cut backs or dundee getting rid of deed wood. If they still have money then i would imagine a big spending spree in the summer

Again.If I'm right they were the 3rd or 2nd biggest spenders in Scotland this season