Wigan Charging £250 For A Season Ticket

LadywellToi

I think the airfinz and ya bezzer posts sum up the whole catch 22 situation.

Football is too expensive - airfinz is 100% correct and scottish footbal never mind MFC should be concerned if guys like him are deciding to give football a miss more often.

There's no quick fix - as Ya Bezzer! says, reducing prices isn't going to immediately increase attendances and clubs are scared to take the hit.

The realisation that things are gonna come to a grinding halt is becoming more and more apparent.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the airfinz and ya bezzer posts sum up the whole catch 22 situation.

Football is too expensive - airfinz is 100% correct and scottish footbal never mind MFC should be concerned if guys like him are deciding to give football a miss more often.

There's no quick fix - as Ya Bezzer! says, reducing prices isn't going to immediately increase attendances and clubs are scared to take the hit.

The realisation that things are gonna come to a grinding halt is becoming more and more apparent.

110% correct.

Hence why the clever clubs will address this and look at new initiatives sooner rather than later. I tend to think the commercial dept at FP fall into this group rather than the head in the sand approach.

110% correct.

Hence why the clever clubs will address this and look at new initiatives sooner rather than later. I tend to think the commercial dept at FP fall into this group rather than the head in the sand approach.

I disagree unfortunately ladywell

Outwith the U16 in the Cooper initiative. The ST renewal communication indicates that we plan to keep our approach to pricing the same for the entire season.

If the prices for ST's are frozen - then we can assume that PATG prices for the year will remain the same.

I'm intrigued to see what type of analysis Motherwell look into with regards ST trends.

I may be wrong but I sense that we lose a lot of fans when they have to jump from juvenile/student tickets to full price tickets. Certainly in my experience I used to go with 7/8 pals on a weekly basis and sit up at the South Stand end of the East which was always jam packed.

I'm now the only one amongst that particular group of school friends that would even contemplate going to FP now.

I think its safe to say Leeann has had bigger fish to fry recently otherwise I think we'd see a few more initiatives. Its not all about reducing prices, its feasible to increase the perceived value of the ticket too.

There has been a bit of smoke and mirrors/spin with the release of the pricing structure for next season.

There is a significant and growing of malcontent amongst the support and as the summer drags on I think this will be addressed. Personally I won't be renewing my ticket partly due to potential work commitments and secondly as I've seen some of the sums on here and the supporting arguments that lead me to prefer to pick my games next season. Plus if I got a season ticket and get relocated I don't fancy my chances in selling it on.

Season ticket holders are arguably the lifeblood of the club. Most stump-up their hard-earned well before the season begins and so the club gets the benefit of a kind of interest-free loan. Then during the season the club begins reducing pay at the gate prices to attract more people to games (i.e. Hibs last night) and this season we get short-changed by paying for 19 home league games but only getting 18.

IMO the club should be considering providing some added value for season ticket holders e.g. why not give them a free programme at every home game; put vouchers in the season ticket book which get the bearer a free pie, bovril etc. at every home game. It would not cost them much to do this and it would add a bit of value to having a season ticket.