steelboy

From the Main stand, the east looked mobbed except a small block towards the cooper side. Cooper looked busy too. Shame Hibs never brought more, however there has been suggestions that now alot really knew about the offer and to be honest im not sure our away following would of dramatically increased with the game being on TV.

Would of said we were closer to the 7k mark

It was the last home game and we could have sealed European qualification.

That combined with the price reduction increased the attendance but I'm not so sure if it had been an 'average' match the price reduction would have worked as well.

Also Hibs support was poor by their standards but even so they probably brought two or three times as many as the likes of Falkirk and Dundee Utd have recently who probably only brought a couple of hundred each.

That should also be taken into consideration when praising the attendance.

no chance.

even with 6500 well fans you'd need an average of 2160ish in home each stand.

does anyone know the capacity of each stand?

away-4800

cooper-2100

pod-about 3400

east-about 3300

total 13600

in total the home stands can take about 8800 so if there was 1000 hibs fans that's saying there was 3600 spaces in the home stands.the east looked about 3/4 full,pod about 2/3 and cooper about half so i'd have said about 7200.

i think tonight proves that as a club we can never implement the price cuts that certain posters on here are constantly bleating on about. just over 6000 with probably a 1000 weans who came for a laugh.

I can't speak for everyone one, but when I "bleat on" about cutting prices, I always make the point that cutting prices for one game (and not even advertising it much!) will never work in the long term.

It's pretty fucking simple.

i think tonight proves that as a club we can never implement the price cuts that certain posters on here are constantly bleating on about. just over 6000 with probably a 1000 weans who came for a laugh.

the fact is there will always be people wanting to talk pish about fitba on the internet who will never be up for actually paying to watch a game that could be shite or could be a classic. look about motherwell on a weekly basis and you'll see guys with plenty of money for pints, horses, puggies, ching, takeaways and clobber. the difference between 20 or 15 quid won't seal the deal, it's the time commitment that bothers folk more than the money.

cuttting prices at fir park is never going to work. there are no fans out to entice. anyone who wants a good team on the park is going to have to pay for it.

Firstly - I would like someone to point out to me near 8000 EMPTY seats last night!! :thumbup:

Secondly - how on earth can you say that increasing the gate from the last game by over 50% (FIFTY PERCENT!!) is a fail?? :lol: How can getting THAT MANY extra on a WEDNESDAY NIGHT for a LIVE GAME be a fail?

A figure around 6000 is our ceiling - the crowd we could and should be aiming for week in week out. Hell we had 3000 odds at a recent game - securing 5000 on a regular basis would be a success!!