Flat Coke Finds His Fizz

andrew weston

Yes i think Giles is starting to get to grips with things now and WOW what a turn of pace. He gave that Hibs player a 10 yard start and had passed him within 25 yards. As for the passback.... :thumbup: . But overall i thought he'd a cracking game.

I still think he should be punted in the summer.The passback just shows that he is a bombscare and would have preferred Forbes on from the start

Bombscare? Aye right, hes one of the most composed players on the ball in the team ( passback was a blip). I can't wait to see him next season hopefully playing just behind the strikers instead of out wide.

I still think he should be punted in the summer.The passback just shows that he is a bombscare and would have preferred Forbes on from the start

I hope we give him another contract. That passback was horrendous but he made up for it

Article = I am in the shop window. Some players need to get a reality check, big Juke, I want to stay, Coke, I will see whats on offer, well son yer back pass was a shocker, nearly as good as gerrards but he can get away with it, you cannot just yet. Prove your worth with another year.

I'd like him to stay as I think we'll see the best of him next season, now he's had the chance to adapt to the SPL. On his day he's tremendous, he just needs to have more of those days!

But you clearly rated Stephen Hughes...

I like Forbes but he and Coke are two different entities. Coke was fighting for everything, Forbes came on and couldn't win an unchallenged header.

But you clearly rated Stephen Hughes...

I like Forbes but he and Coke are two different entities. Coke was fighting for everything, Forbes came on and couldn't win an unchallenged header.

Well we lost the first goal because a clearance out of defence was picked up in midfield by Hibs under no pressure whatsoever from our midfield which was missing in action. Coke wasn't fighting for everything then. In fact for a lot of the game midweek our midfield, including Coke, was completely ineffective and over run.

Coke has been all over the place this season. He's obviously a very inconsistent player who is up and down, up and down.

I wouldn't hound him out the club but I don't see him being anything other than a squad player who comes in to fill in for people. He's not really suited to playing wide and Jennings/Lasley are much better in the middle, both individually and as a pair.

I wouldn't hound him out the club but I don't see him being anything other than a squad player who comes in to fill in for people. He's not really suited to playing wide and Jennings/Lasley are much better in the middle, both individually and as a pair.

I would much rather a Coke/Jennings partnership in midfield. When Coke shows some hunger he is a far superior player to Lasley and the game at Hearts a couple of weeks ago showed what a good partnership these pair could have.

Coke for me was the best player on the park at Tynecastle and also on Wednesday and anyone who thinks Forbes has done enough in the last 6 months to merit a place in the team must be off their head.

Yes he had a disaster with the backpass but put himself in that position by chasing back from 30 yards away after our whole defence was beaten by one straighforward pass. What hasn't been mentioned though is that he was effectively carrying Hately for the full game as he couldn't kick his own arse, but then again I'm sure that was all down to the pitch that he's apparently too good to play on!

If we can get the three of them signed up then i would like to see a jennings/coke midfield and play hately at right back where he plays best. No point playing lasley and jennings in same midfield as who is going to score/make the goals and get forward?