Rangers V Motherwell - Euro Day

Rickoza

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we get the Euro place next week, then it makes today's result all the sweeter. To spoil yet another party is just terrific, but it also underlines the spirit of the team.

We would be in Europe right now if Forbes goal never got ruled out, so Murphy diving and getting the penalty just makes me feel a bit better about getting the 3-3 and missing out on Europe, they fucking deserve it considering the amount of fucking biased decisions that go for them, so its nice to put a bit of a spoil on their party. Im pretty positive Utd will beat county, fingers crossed and we shall be in Europe :thumbup: GIRUY rangers, the taxmans gonnae get ye.....

We would be in Europe right now if Forbes goal never got ruled out, so Murphy diving and getting the penalty just makes me feel a bit better about getting the 3-3 and missing out on Europe, they fucking deserve it considering the amount of fucking biased decisions that go for them, so its nice to put a bit of a spoil on their party. Im pretty positive Utd will beat county, fingers crossed and we shall be in Europe :thumbup: GIRUY rangers, the taxmans gonnae get ye.....

Mon the Taxman......and Dundee Utd next week, useless Jimmy Calderwood coloured baistards.

:thumbup:

Ref blows his whistle on 91.10, Rangers restart play at 92.50. A full one hundred seconds. And the ref blows at 93.15, when we were breaking up the park. I know I'm clutching at straws but fuck sake!

I said that in the pub, how the fuck was there no extra minute to make up for Alexanders fucking about at the pen?

I flamin switched the telly off on 85mins to drive home from glasgow. Just got in to see the score. After wednesday night... why oh why did i not watch till the end!

No complaints about the end to this season, its been a terrific effort and thoroughly enjoying to watch! Don't really care about europe. It'd just be a nice wee treat.

Obviously it's disappointing to miss out on fourth, but frankly, I think it's been a fantastic season and it's great to see us go there and get a draw, especially scoring two goals in the last minute to get it aswell. Who'd of thought that eh? And given the way we were robbed of victory against Rangers in February, it's somewhat sweet that we've gone there today, scored a penalty to equalise and dampen their title celebrations.

Well done Motherwell for a very enjoyable season, to finish fifth after losing our manager and so many key players last summer and then with all the turbulence at the end of Gannon's time, it's a terrific feat.

I've always believed that the best way to support Motherwell is to quietly hope for the unexpected, well I think these last two games have proved that and then some. :thumbup:

Just in from the game.

Gutted about not getting fourth but Rangers thought the match was won and our players made sure it wasnt.

Was chuffed to see Duke scoring in his last game, was a thoroughly deserved point and have been proud of them in the last couple of games :thumbup:

Just one wee rant though, the policing and stewarding was abit of a joke as per usual.

EDIT: Great post MJC, your are a half full kind of guy after all :thumbup:

Pretty gutted with that today. Defended poorly for the goals again, especially the 3rd when I felt Saunders should've come across and closed down Novo quicker. The comeback was sensational and I don't think I've ever seen us get as many chances at Ibrox!!! Jutkiewicz should've done better when through but Murphy was very unlucky with the diving header. Jutkiewiczs disallowed goal in the first half was very tight and not surprised it was that wee midget dick linesman flag it.

The penalty was soft , yes, but fuck them. The decision to disallow Forbes goal in March still irks with me so tough shit.

We will undoubtably miss Jutkiewicz, Ruddy and O'Brien next year. They are big boots to fill. I thought Forbes was terrible again and I hope we don't have to rely on him too much next year. Harsh maybe, but he contributes nothing whatsoever.

Dundee Utds integrity has to be questioned in my opinion but maybe that's sour grapes on my part. Who'd have thought we would get a late equaliser at Ibrox only for Hibs to get their win?

Over all it has been a great season. I don't think we will really realise that until we're in the middle of a horrendous run next time. Hopefully we will get Europe after next weekend as I think we deserve it over all.

HAving not read the full thread, I thought Rangers first was a foul on Saunders. He could have been stronger, granted, but his jersey was being pulled which allowed Boyd to turn. All that said they could have been out of sight at half time. The offside against us in the first half was correct call. But that dick owed us an error.

We started 2nd half brilliantly and capped that start with a wonderful goal. We should have been at 2-2 with Jut's chance and created plenty in that spell but when Lafferty made it 3-1 we seemed to accept defeat. Until the last few minutes. I just wonder if at the first fifteen minutes at 3-1 we had played with the same impetus what might have happened.

Jennings should have scored first time with his chance but recovered well and then the soft penalty to square it.

United, to me, earned the right to play whoever the hell they liked today. We misseed out by one point and to be petty about United is churlish when we look back at the huge number of points we threw away.

HAving not read the full thread, I thought Rangers first was a foul on Saunders. He could have been stronger, granted, but his jersey was being pulled which allowed Boyd to turn.

As did the two defenders who were standing watching instead of sticking a foot in while he was holding off Saunders :/

Look back at today with some regret, over the course of the game we had more than enough chances to win it. While we done well to get a 3-3 in the end, I think we lacked belief as soon as Lafferty but them 3-1 up.

Pretty sad that there is little reason to celebrate a dodgy injury time pen at Ibrox.

Glad to see Murphy getting a wee bit of glory today, McGlinchey couldn't lace his boots.

wed nite was a freak result, today yes we were shite at the back but its not the first time someone will lose 3 (or 4,5,6 or 7!) at Ibrox but it showed character to get a draw and when was the last time we got even a draw at Ibrox,never mind scored 3 against them??

Yes its annoying we havent made europe by ourselves when we had enough chances but we were looking at a relegation scrap in january and we missed 4th by a bawhair! including being a part of the best game + greatest comeback in SPL history and securing a 3-3 draw at Ibrox against the champions in the last 2 games,

give the guys some credit,dry your eyes and away n pull the heed off it looking at your albania photos

wed nite was a freak result, today yes we were shite at the back but its not the first time someone will lose 3 (or 4,5,6 or 7!) at Ibrox but it showed character to get a draw and when was the last time we got even a draw at Ibrox,never mind scored 3 against them??

Yes its annoying we havent made europe by ourselves when we had enough chances but we were looking at a relegation scrap in january and we missed 4th by a bawhair! including being a part of the best game + greatest comeback in SPL history and securing a 3-3 draw at Ibrox against the champions in the last 2 games,

give the guys some credit,dry your eyes and away n pull the heed off it looking at your albania photos

the guys got my credit at the end of the game[did you]?

Just go back home from Ibrox, via a couple of pubs.

Excellent day today, and it was sweet to snatch the draw in the last minute with a penalty that shouldnt have been. For all the decisions they get, ie Forbes earlier in the season, we deserve one going our way for once.

Really proud of the team today and lets just hope United win that cup next week and we can have another European adventure :)