Rangers V Motherwell - Euro Day

Rickoza

Ruddy: didn't really have much to do. Glad he misjudged Boyds close range effort, other wise I don't think it'd have deflected off of him. Dillydallied at the first goal which I didn't see til the highlights. - 6

Hateley: Wasn't great today. Defensively was very poor and even his passing, bar two great long range passes, wasn't up to scratch either. Could have done better at the second and thought he could have got a boot in at the third. - 5

Saunders: The boy is a bit of a schizo. He can be absolutely awesome and precise at times and at others he is utterly reckless. I thought he did the right thing at the first and third goals, Boyd fouled him for the first and he was unfortunate not to block Novo's attempt for the third. - 7

Craigan: Diabolical in the first half. While Boyd was fouling Saunders, Craigan could have taken the ball unchallanged but totally froze. Second half, albeit after a shaky start, was much improved. Once he had crunched Novo he was in total control. - 7

Hammell: My mind has actually gone blank of anything he did during the game other than walking up the park while in possession, no urgency. - 6

O'Brien: Though he was pish in the first half. Over exhuberance cost us possession far too many times. I counted atleast 4 occassions when there was a player, McGlinchey, in a great position or totally unmarked when O'Brien continued running or refused to play a pass. Does he not like the guy or something? Was much better in the second half when he actually played some simple passes. - 7

Jennings: Didn't get stuck in like I'd have liked. I actually get the impression that he is better suited to being an attacking midfielder as he likes to drive at players. Linked well with Coke in the middle. The goal typified his performance, bursting forward but never giving up. Great assist from Weir mind you. - 7

Coke: Drifted in and out of play. Was constantly looking to keep play moving and make space rather than running with the ball. Almost the polar opposite to Jennings style. Feel he may have been told to be cover for the defence today. - 6

Sutton: Didn't do as well in the air today but was never really given the opportunity to do so as we had a different approach to todays game. I do feel that he took Davis out of the game for long periods purely by close marking. - 6

McGlinchey: Never really did much but constantly got into good positions. Picked out a few good passes where O'Brien strayed offside. O'Brien plain refused to pass the ball to him which wasn't nice to see. - 5

Jutkiewicz: Had a thankless task at times. Our midfield were slow to get up and support which led to a lot of backwards play from Juke. Felt that he should have scored the 1 on 1. Was also lucky with the penalty. - 7

Murphy: Today he played as if he was playing for Scotland. Wish he could bring his national team form to the 'Well games more often. Good strike for the first goal. Don't think he dived or intended to win a penalty, he was instantly back up looking for the ball. - 6

Humphrey: Took a while to get involved after coming on. Played in a fantastic cross which Murphy should have buried. - 4

Forbes: Thank fuck he has a break now. The boy needs to recharge. -2

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craigan or Hately still had ample opportunity to dispossess Boyd before he put it on target it though..

That's what annoyed me most about it, tbh... dunno if they both thought the other one was going to stick a foot in while Boyd had his back to goal, but couldn't believe neither of them did.

First time I've seen us score 3 at Ibrox. Bit of a downer but at least we spoiled their party (again) and this will hopefully put us into Europa a round earlier against a Flamaturi standard team.

Just checked, first 3 for us at Ibrox since 5-2 in cup in 61 :nod:

:nod:

• 4 weeks later...
FFS, oh the irony.....

There's more......

Saw this a few days back and laughed. On the day these nuts are lifting the SPL trophy they are still full of hatred. Some sectarian comments as well about a boy called Murphy.

Makes me very pleased that my Dad brought me up under a Well flag rather than having anything to do with this vitriolic pish.