2009/10 Player Of The Year

Neil

Player of the Year 2009/10  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who was Motherwell's player of the year?

• John Ruddy
    • Michael Fraser
    • Yassin Moutaouakil
    • Steven Saunders
    • Shaun Hutchinson
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Mark Reynolds
    • Stephen Hammell
    • Tom Hateley
    • Giles Coke
    • Keith Lasley
    • Steve Jennings
    • Ross Forbes
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Jim O'Brien
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Lukas Jutkiewicz
    • John Sutton
    • Other

Three main candidates for me were Ruddy, Hateley and Sutton.

Hateley has been pretty poor lately, not just a couple of games like someone said, more like 4 or 5 weeks. So I'm going to rule him out.

Ruddy or Sutton? Very difficult choice but again I think Ruddy didn't quite do as well at the end of the season whereas Sutton got better and better as the campaign went on and therefore he has the momentum.

So I'm going to give my vote to John Sutton.

voted for jennings. consistent and reliable player. not understanding the adulation for Ruddy though. Sure he had great games but also made some howlers. Never seemed to have an average game. Went from one extreme to the other IMO

Didn't vote for Ruddy myself but I can see more reason why people would opt for him over your choice of Jennings. Jennings although has been outstanding of late but didn't feature a great deal until the turn of the year. Before that he looked unfit more than anything else.

I went for Hately, but I cant really decide between him and Sutty.

I like a steady eddie, and I cant remember him missing again? Fair enough he has never been spectacular but he has done the dirty work consistently. Some think he hasnt been so great over the past few games. If that's the case, I think its down to the long season, bearing in mind it is his first ever long season. I can't remember him putting a foot wrong. Loved his goal against Rangers and his versatility. He has been a real asset at dead ball situations, I would love to see how many assists he has managed? If its as high as I think?

Sutton has really impressed this season and as he grew in confidence he got better and better this year. I think the best of him is yet to come and I look forward to voting for him next year. But he was fairly anonymous to me at the start so he wasnt my choice.

Obviously I considered Ruddy as well. At times he has been our most spectacular player, and quite consistent. But a few real howlers stick out in my mind, granted he plays a position where the odd howler can be expected. I still cant bring myself to vote for a goalie though.

Have to mention the likes of Reynolds, O'Brien, Juke whose performances have also been invaluable.

Re assists(a dreadful Americanism but it seems we're stuck with it)- a quick google search for "assists in the spl 2009/2010" brought up "did you mean assists in the epl 2009/2010". Bugger off.

Anyway, here you go.

Hateley's third equal with 9 assists. He probably lost some support by playing poorly over the final matches(in the PotY poll).

There are a few candidates for POTY, Sutton, Ruddy, Lucas and Hately to name a few but I voted for Crags. Although he didn't have a wonderful season and was responsible for a few mistakes here and there, his attitude, professionalism and desire to play for the club throughout the turmoil of gannon was an example to all. The leadership that he showed when Broon/Knox came in was wonderful and can only have been a good example for the younger players. Not a sparkling performance on the pitch but a wonderful performance as a leader and an ambassador for the club.

Nae brainer. Ruddy for me - the best goalkeeper I've seen at Fir Park, and the best goalkeeper in the SPL this season!!

Sum's up my views on the situation. Facebook poll alot more definitive for Ruddy, currently leads with 45% to Jutkiewicz on 15% with Sutton and Craigan tying on 12%. No need for any coalitions or hung parliaments there.