Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

From League One to the SPL back to League One ;)

Nah, it is a good move for him. Good length of contract and will no doubt be on decent wages. Should be in the Championship soon as well.

Their manager was sitting near me during the 6-6 game so he was obviously being watched for a wee while.

I'd rather have Hateley than Coke though.

Sheffield Wednesday have signed midfielder Giles Coke on a three-year deal. The 24-year-old joins the Owls on a free transfer ahead of their pre-season trip to Austria on Saturday.

Coke joins Wednesday after falling out of contract at SPL side Motherwell. He is Alan Irvine's fifth summer signing and follows Chris Sedgwick, Jon Otsemobor, Paul Heffernan and Daniel Jones to Hillsborough.

Coke is a central midfielder and has been on the radar of Irvine for some time. The Owls boss said: "He is a two-footed, athletic midfielder and I have been aware of him since his time at Mansfield and Northampton. He has played a lot of games in League One and a lot of games for his age."

Source - Sheff Wed's Offical Site.

“Anyone we’ve spoke to about him has gave us rave reviews so we’re pleased he is here. He’ll compete against Lee Hollis for the number one spot and that’s healthy competition to have.”

Fraser looks as good as gone then.

Gutted coke's away but good move for him even tho it's back to the English league one.

Welcome aboard Darren Randolph, seems like abit of a character. Read somewhere whilst he was playing for hereford united he refused to play in a game because they were intrested in signing another keeper LOL.

Gutted coke's away but good move for him even tho it's back to the English league one.

Welcome aboard Darren Randolph, seems like abit of a character. Read somewhere whilst he was playing for hereford united he refused to play in a game because they were intrested in signing another keeper LOL.

To be fair this is nothing new. Fraser did the exact same thing a good few times after Ruddy arrived. Boom. Tish!

Seriously, best of luck to him in South Africa if that is where he ends up going.

3 year deal, seems to be well regarded by the Charlton support, no doubt Archie will put the fear of God into him so he'll never put another rattle out of pram stunt.

Glad to see out of the four starters last season (and Reynolds being touted for a move too) we've at least replaced 1 so far (Hollis and Cypriot U-19 would be classed as backup surely).

Got to consider Hutchison as effectively a new player too.

Just a creative midfielder/winger and a striker (however I think Murphy may step up to the plate this season). Just this season we need to be looking to blood players to fill Craigan and Lasley's positions going forward.

Updated post 1 and Jim Gannon memorial Trophy to give the Daily Star 4 points and WellTiliDie one of those as he found the article.

Looks like a potentially good signing. He seems a big imposing keeper in the same mould as Ruddy, which is exactly what we need. Welcome aboard 'Randy'!

Also, best of luck to big Giles, sure he'll be a huge success for the Owls.

3 year deal, seems to be well regarded by the Charlton support, no doubt Archie will put the fear of God into him so he'll never put another rattle out of pram stunt.

Glad to see out of the four starters last season (and Reynolds being touted for a move too) we've at least replaced 1 so far (Hollis and Cypriot U-19 would be classed as backup surely).

Got to consider Hutchison as effectively a new player too.

Just a creative midfielder/winger and a striker (however I think Murphy may step up to the plate this season). Just this season we need to be looking to blood players to fill Craigan and Lasley's positions going forward.

And Page too after a great season at Stirling Albion.

I think we are sorted at the back. (Even if Reynolds leaves)

We NEED a Striker

We WANT an O'Brien replacement (winger/Wide Mid/Forward type guy)

I don't think we need to replace Coke though to be fair - just give Lasley a game with Hately/Forbes and Jenno fighting it out for Midfield. Humphrey needs to take his chance at Right Mid too. But if no-one comes in for left mid I have the fear - Forbes to play there all season?