Special aka

I know the fans have talked ab out a Petrol Blue strip for 125 years (well 2011/12 as 125 will be the end of the 2010/11 season) but does anyone know if the club are even considering it as a possible option, and if so does anyone know when you require to get permission from the SPL about the colour change?

Why not a mix of all players than have played over 125 games for us?

I know the fans have talked ab out a Petrol Blue strip for 125 years (well 2011/12 as 125 will be the end of the 2010/11 season) but does anyone know if the club are even considering it as a possible option, and if so does anyone know when you require to get permission from the SPL about the colour change?

The original suggestion was to celebrate 100 years since the change to Claret & Amber by using Blue as our away kit for one season 2013/14 IIRC. 125 years is totally different celebration.

The original suggestion was to celebrate 100 years since the change to Claret & Amber by using Blue as our away kit for one season 2013/14 IIRC. 125 years is totally different celebration.

Or as suggested in the old fantasy kit thread we could maybe do a homage to our first ever C&A kit to celebrate a 100 years of claret & amber. Either way we should do something kit wise to mark both momentous occasions. ;)

1zxsjs3.jpg

dpikgx.jpg

Love them both, only thing I'd change is stripey Claret, Amber and White socks on the home strip, more retro.

I wonder if anyone associated with the club has or will ever direct those at Puma to threads such as this to see what has been designed and the comments associated either backing them up or advocating changes.

i.e. Puma kits generally OK, not too happy with the odd collar they use of some strips.

The only annoying thing about a celebratory strip is that, with the manufacturer and sponsor both changing this season, this was going to be the first strip in a good while that was going to last more than one season. If we bring out one for the 125th year, which obviously has to be a one-season effort by definition, then that's another two kits for a season each, which probably takes it up to about a decade of one strip per year.

Having said that, I think it's too big an occasion to go un-marked.