Seeding In Europa League Rnd 3

ekwellfan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't get a Liverpool or a German team as we are a big boy just like them in the 3rd round :blush: .

I know we have a hurdle to jump in the 2nd round. That is why I said I was dreaming. :thumbup:

Aye but liverpool and german teams will likely make the play-offs from the 3rd round and be seeded. We might make the play-offs and wont be seeded. Then could play liverpool or a german team there. Probably what was meant.

When you look at the teams already seeded for the play-offs... and the teams likely to be seeded who get past the third round... there is almost no chance of avoiding a glamour tie!

This site is worth a butchers. Seems to have all the teams, seedings and co-efficients and also seems to have put all/most of the teams in place on the assumption that the seeded teams qualify from their round. It has Motherwell making it to the play-offs based on our co-efficient. So it makes it easier to see possible opponents.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedel2010.html

Going by that, our best chance of getting to the group stage would be a game against Cliftonville in the 2nd QF, a game against Cibalia Vinkovci in the 2rd QF and BATE Borisov in the PLay-offs.

Liverpool *3 Eng 115.371

FC Porto Por 76.659

CSKA Moscow Rus 66.758

PSV Eindhoven Ned 66.309

Juventus *3 Ita 59.867

Sporting CP Lisbon *3 Por 57.659

Olympiakos Piraeus ** Gre 54.979

VfB Stuttgart *3 Ger 52.841

AZ Alkmaar *3 Ned 48.309

Steaua Bucuresti Rom 47.898

Lille OSC Fra 46.748

Galatasaray *3 Tur 43.890

Bayer Leverkusen Ger 40.841

Paris Saint-Germain Fra 39.748

Celtic @3 Sco 38.158

Club Brugge Bel 36.580

Palermo Ita 35.867

Getafe Esp 33.894

Besiktas ** Tur 33.890

Manchester City Eng 33.371

Dinamo Bucuresti ** Rom 28.898

AEK Athens Gre 25.979

Aston Villa Eng 25.871

Lokomotiv Moscow Rus 25.758

Metalist Kharkiv Ukr 25.410

Levski Sofia ** Bul 25.400

Maccabi Haifa *3 Isr 19.775

Unirea Urziceni @3 Rom 18.898

Austria Wien ** Aut 16.915

Feyenoord Ned 16.309

Real Mallorca Esp 15.951

CSKA Sofia *3 Bul 15.400

OB Odense *3 Den 14.970

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk *3 Ukr 14.910

Napoli Ita 14.867

Borussia Dortmund Ger 14.841

BATE Borisov @3 Bls 13.308

I would prefer we get someone from this list we can beat, group stages would just be so good for us.. :thumbup:

^No, the tv revenue would be crap and we'd still probably get pumped out. We find it hard enough going to darkheid in the league, never mind a european night.

A big German mob, would mean a good trip and good tv money. That would be ideal. Obviously it means we wouldnt be making the group stages, but I can't see that happening anyway.

Given the teams that are already (or likely) to be in the 4th QF, if we did manage to make it that far, would anyone happily take Celtic?

I've got a feeling that clubs from the same associations are kept apart until the quarter/semi finals.

Liverpool *3 Eng 115.371

FC Porto Por 76.659

CSKA Moscow Rus 66.758

PSV Eindhoven Ned 66.309

Juventus *3 Ita 59.867

Sporting CP Lisbon *3 Por 57.659

Olympiakos Piraeus ** Gre 54.979

VfB Stuttgart *3 Ger 52.841

AZ Alkmaar *3 Ned 48.309

Steaua Bucuresti Rom 47.898

Lille OSC Fra 46.748

Galatasaray *3 Tur 43.890

Bayer Leverkusen Ger 40.841

Paris Saint-Germain Fra 39.748

Celtic @3 Sco 38.158

Club Brugge Bel 36.580

Palermo Ita 35.867

Getafe Esp 33.894

Besiktas ** Tur 33.890

Manchester City Eng 33.371

Dinamo Bucuresti ** Rom 28.898

AEK Athens Gre 25.979

Aston Villa Eng 25.871

Lokomotiv Moscow Rus 25.758

Metalist Kharkiv Ukr 25.410

Levski Sofia ** Bul 25.400

Maccabi Haifa *3 Isr 19.775

Unirea Urziceni @3 Rom 18.898

Austria Wien ** Aut 16.915

Feyenoord Ned 16.309

Real Mallorca Esp 15.951

CSKA Sofia *3 Bul 15.400

OB Odense *3 Den 14.970

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk *3 Ukr 14.910

Napoli Ita 14.867

Borussia Dortmund Ger 14.841

BATE Borisov @3 Bls 13.308

I would prefer we get someone from this list we can beat, group stages would just be so good for us.. :wacko:

Im not too sure there is anyone in that list we could beat... they all seem like big names to me... all with at least double our co-efficient (mind you aberdeen have double our co-efficient). There are probably a good few we could have a right good go at though!

Hold liverpool at fir park 0-0 then go to anfield and sneak a goal 1-1 :P best possible outcome I can think of

Sorry but I would be looking for a more secure 2-1 away win :wacko:

I think out of that giant list the Scottish Clubs (and I would probably include the Old Firm when I say Scottish never mind just us, Hibs and United) could put up some sort of fight are BATE Borisov, Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, OB Odense and Metalist Kharkiv. The sad fact is though, every single club on that list are not just bigger than us, but also technically more gifted than us.

What we as fans have to decide is, do we want a glamour tie and have almost impossible task of getting to the group stages or do we want a less glamourous tie with the likes of the above named and maybe sneak into the Group Stages if everyting goes well on the night - even as doubtful as it is.

Sadly I think I would rather play Dnipro and Odense etc than a glamour tie on the off chance we can get into the Group Stages

Waits for some fisherman from Iceland or something to knock us out in the 2nd Qualification Round.

What we as fans have to decide is, do we want a glamour tie and have almost impossible task of getting to the group stages or do we want a less glamourous tie with the likes of the above named and maybe sneak into the Group Stages if everyting goes well on the night - even as doubtful as it is.

What we as fans have to decide is........ fuck all!! We get who we get nothing us fans can do about it. Our job is just to support the team & try to help them get past each round starting with the pishy team we will get first who have every chance of pumping us out. I swear some people here think we are gonna win this tourny. Geez if Falkirk can beat us then anyone can.

What we as fans have to decide is........ fuck all!! We get who we get nothing us fans can do about it. Our job is just to support the team & try to help them get past each round starting with the pishy team we will get first who have every chance of pumping us out. I swear some people here think we are gonna win this tourny. Geez if Falkirk can beat us then anyone can.

:D

:D BUt if the Champions cannae beat us then who's to say........ :P