V's Dundee Utd

ForthThistle

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is the game on Sunday with a 3pm Kick off.

Soory if this has already been posted.

Because Dundee are at home on the Saturday and it's Utds turn to switch their fixture

Just highlights what a farce it is when it comes to planning fixtures as whether or not the two teams are in the SPL or not, it should be easy to keep both teams from being at home on the same weekend. Although I suppose after they have done that for both the old scum they don't give a toss about the rest!

This is the bollox you get when you have so many entities running the game - SFL, SFA, SPL, SFJA, etc......

Just highlights what a farce it is when it comes to planning fixtures as whether or not the two teams are in the SPL or not, it should be easy to keep both teams from being at home on the same weekend. Although I suppose after they have done that for both the old scum they don't give a toss about the rest!

This is the bollox you get when you have so many entities running the game - SFL, SFA, SPL, SFJA, etc......

yeh, it does seem quite silly. I mean, even the scottish 2nd XV league for rugby (which is run completely by volunteers) manage to hook up (where possible) 2nd XV games with 1st XV games!!

We shouldn't perhaps forget that the police probably have a big say in this as well.

Ok the football authorities should have been savvy enough to make sure they weren't at home together but in days gone by if the two Dundee club's fixtures clashed they would play on the same day with different kick-off times i.e 1pm and 3pm.

I'm sure that these days Mr Tayside Heid Polis would choke on his his Frosties if anyone had the temerity to approach him with such an outlandish suggestion.

But why not? Is 7000 odd at Tannadice and 3500 odd at Dens really going to prove such a mammoth taks with Tayside police to deal with over the space of a few hours?

Even 12.30 and the 4pm, that'd give the first set of fans time to disperse as the game would finish around 2.30, and most crowds don't begin to gather until around an hour or less before a game, a good half-hour after the first game had been completed. 'Course, then you'd be doing Tayside's finest out of Sunday double-time...........

Weird one this , at the moment I think I will give it a miss.

Never ever think like that coming up to a game , but the Sunday just completly wastes it as far as a day out is concerned.

You made a right good job the last time I met you on a Sunday/Monday! "Get him Feckin oot o here!!!

Lasley suspended for this one I see...

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scott...cotspremiership

Keith Lasley is suspended for Motherwell's Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash at Dundee United on Sunday.

Lasley picked up his fifth booking of the season in the recent game at St Mirren to leave him facing a one-game ban.

Midfielder Marc Fitzpatrick returns to the squad after a bout of illness.