Fixture Complaint

Ian-in-Oz

thats true, The Old Firm get £4.5m each, the other 10 split £4m (£400k each) no matter who is involved in live games

Thats what really annoys me the scum get a lion share of the money and the rest of us get the scraps. How can teams compete against the Old Firm when they get a significant chunk of the money <_>

So to put it bluntly the Old Firm get the lions share of the money and their gate receipts remain largely unaffected as they're mostly shown away from home. The rest of the teams get a pittance and have to suffer reduced gate receipts for any game that's on live TV.

And the Old Firm then get all the awards for winning this and winning that, another "remarkable season" for Wattie Smith who has had a budget which was in excess of everyone else put together (bar one other obvious exception). I'd really love to see the likes of Smith manage a team on a budget say what we have, or Falkirk, or whatever. That's real management.

The OF have the ball at their feet and they're kicking lumps out of it. But that's not entirely their fault.

The other 10 chairman have failed to collectively take them on - maybe they'll say they've tried their best but to me it looks like they've all rolled over individually and had their belly tickled.

The Old Firm have nowhere to go at this particular point and the others should be taking any opportunity that arises to redress the balance a wee bit.

As for our complaint - completely justified of course. However it says it all that every year the wronged team(s) complains in isolation. i'd be more impressed if Boyle / Dempster / Stillie had been as vocal in the media - in support of wronged clubs in previous seasons. Feeling aggrieved only when the ball lands in your court is slightly shallow and takes weight from our argument.

The other 10 clubs need to collectively grow a set and establish some solidarity. Otherwise nowt will ever change