Season 1982

decorator

A bumper goals and points tally, and a last game of the season win at Swynecastle which kept the Jambos down in Div-1 :lol: followed by much post game entertainment in Gorgie Road :thumbup: ................ then I started my 1st job in Edinburgh, 1/2 a mile from Swynecastle just 2 weeks later.

P.o.N. Davie Hay was Motherwell first RC manager.

Was at the 3-0 game, 3rd January 1983 and nae fucking highlights. :whistling:

Div-1 game of the day too. Wallet Mercer had to go round and try to calm the Gorgie down at half-time. They were going mental.

For those of you that enjoy a trip to Edinburgh to watch the 'Well. Up the triangle, few pints in the Diggers or wherever .... never used to be like that. Sport a claret and amber scarf in Gorgie in the 70's/80's and you were lucky to come home bruise free. A big bugger off butcher's cleaver, steel toe-cap docs, a back door and my ability to scale a 10 feet wall saved me from a right kicking after that game then. :notworthy:

Was that no' the 3-0 game at home to Rangers?

Wallace Mercer was owner of the Jamboscum and under pressure to return the Buns of the East back to the top flight. We were humping them at Swynecastle and The Gorgie hordes in their shed decided to go mental. Old Bill were chased out and Mercer went round to calm things down ..... didn't really work.

Wallace Mercer was owner of the Jamboscum and under pressure to return the Buns of the East back to the top flight. We were humping them at Swynecastle and The Gorgie hordes in their shed decided to go mental. Old Bill were chased out and Mercer went round to calm things down ..... didn't really work.

Was referring to Yabbas post earlier in the thread.

"Was at the 3-0 game, 3rd January 1983 and nae fucking highlights. :whistling: "

:notworthy:

Sorry mate, I thought Mr B had that mixed up with 3-0 on 30th Jan 82 at Swynecastle :whistling:

The 3-0 game at Tynecastle was on the telly but haven't seen the highlights for years. The 3-0 game at home to Rangers in 83 wasn't even televised.

Think the rioting at Tynecastle was worse when we won 1-0 on the last day of the season.

The 3-0 game at Tynecastle was on the telly but haven't seen the highlights for years. The 3-0 game at home to Rangers in 83 wasn't even televised.

Think the rioting at Tynecastle was worse when we won 1-0 on the last day of the season.

At least the at the 3-0 they vented their anger on OB. At the 1-0 game we came out into Gorgie Road to be faced by a mass of maroon and white sporting bampots held back by less than a dozen OB. I remember coming out aside Fatcalf and his very loud mohair jumper. We stepped into the road to taunt the Gorgie hordes and next thing I remember is holding off some crazed Jambo skinheads with a butcher's cleaver in my hand :whistling:

:nod:

Did Hearts need to win that game to go up with us?

Did Hearts need to win that game to go up with us?

A draw would have done, as long as Killie didn't score 3 or more, but we were 1-0 up at half-time and when the tannoy announcer informed us that Killie were 5-0 up that was the Jambos doomed to another season in Div-1 and boy did we rub it in :nod:

A draw would have done, as long as Killie didn't score 3 or more, but we were 1-0 up at half-time and when the tannoy announcer informed us that Killie were 5-0 up that was the Jambos doomed to another season in Div-1 and boy did we rub it in :D

That is fantastic fuck those jambo scum :nod::lol::D