Season 1982

decorator

My first 'Well top. :D

Johnny, Oh Johnny Gahagan, Oh Johnny Gahagan on the wiiiiing. :nod:

Cheers Deco, great pics. :lol:

This is what this site should be about.....Sharing all the memories of fellow 'Well fans. I would love to hear some of the stories from the 50's and 60's.

I did not know that. :P

Our shortest ever shirt sponsor deal as Scottish Brewers were only on it for a few months before we moved to Ian Skelly at the start of season 84-85.

A smart move in my opinion as the Brewers logo looked a bit odd on our kit. I'm not sure how much we were paid for this short term deal but I hope it was worth it.

30vnequ.jpg

82/83 was my first full season attending Well games, and that was the first Motherwell kit I owed. Although it was a turbulent time I look back upon it with fondness, as it's when my love for Motherwell developed and grew, despite the fortunes of the team on the park!!

Our shortest ever shirt sponsor deal as Scottish Brewers were only on it for a few months before we moved to Ian Skelly at the start of season 84-85.

A smart move in my opinion as the Brewers logo looked a bit odd on our kit. I'm not sure how much we were paid for this short term deal but I hope it was worth it.

30vnequ.jpg

The club's first ever shirt sponsorship deal (first XI). I remember an association quiz night a few years ago, our team lost by 1 point to a team lead by a certain James McFadden. One of the questions was name our first shirt sponsor - we answered Scottish Brewers but were marked as being wrong! Not to worry, if you must lose then as long as it's to the likes of Faddy it aint so bad.......

The club's first ever shirt sponsorship deal (first XI). I remember an association quiz night a few years ago, our team lost by 1 point to a team lead by a certain James McFadden. One of the questions was name our first shirt sponsor - we answered Scottish Brewers but were marked as being wrong! Not to worry, if you must lose then as long as it's to the likes of Faddy it aint so bad.......

So what was the correct answer then? IIRC the Scottish Brewers thing was only a Cup sponsorship, we didn't have their logo all the way through the season.

So what was the correct answer then? IIRC the Scottish Brewers thing was only a Cup sponsorship, we didn't have their logo all the way through the season.

Think the answer given was Ian Skelly. However, that was the first time a sponsor appeared on a Motherwell first-team shirt and therefore Scottish Brewers was surely the right answer. Stelrad, I think, was a youth sponsorship.

Rickoza I think you were robbed.

The first ever shirt sponsorship to appear on our ‘first team’ kit was indeed Scottish Brewers. This was only a short term deal from around February 1984. Whether it was only for a Cup Competition dosen’t matter, history will show they were the first sponsors logo to appear on our top.

Stelrad had some sort of shirt deal with the youth set up but not the first team.

Unless of course someone can show evidence to the contrary!

Check out Brian McClair's swingin' Jimmy. Mahousive. however it was the era of Mr T and the A-Team.

Kinda forgot how much sun must have bathed the pitch all day before the South stand was built, team photo really brings it home.

I hope your old duck changed the wallpaper.

I hope you swiftly went to Rita Rusk shortly after.