Who Was

Modernist

Was o'Brien not bought to replace McCormick, which was after we signed Hammell.

Might be wrong.

Nope, he was brought in on a free transfer at the start of McGhee's second season, with Hammell being in the January I think? He played against Bradford City along with two other trialists Soley(?) and one other whose wage demands seemed ridiculous, I seem to recall...

Nope, he was brought in on a free transfer at the start of McGhee's second season, with Hammell being in the January I think? He played against Bradford City along with two other trialists Soley(?) and one other whose wage demands seemed ridiculous, I seem to recall...

I thought Hammell was bought in the January of McGhee's first season.

I thought we paid around 50k for JOB

I remember JOB getting trials in friendlies at the same time as a wee African midfielder and McGhee was annoyed that we couldn't afford the 50K needed to sign him.

Makes me think JOB was free and that's where the 50K number came from?

I remember JOB getting trials in friendlies at the same time as a wee African midfielder and McGhee was annoyed that we couldn't afford the 50K needed to sign him.

Makes me think JOB was free and that's where the 50K number came from?

What was that wee African guys name? I thought he looked like a cracking player, was curious to see where he is now.

toure maman, i think. his brother played for livi.

he looked to be a decent passer of the ball but i don't think he'd have handled the pace of the spl or our pitch very well. i think there were some doubts about his age as well.

those two guys have to have been the most over rated players ever. the centrehalf looked like he weighed about 15 stone and turned like the qe2 but plenty of people seemed to think he was the new beckenbaurer because he did a shimmy against bradford.

According to official FIFA records, on 6 May 2001, he became the youngest player to ever play a World Cup qualifier when he played for Togo against Zambia at the age of 13 years and 310 days.[3] This would give his birthdate as 30 June 1987. However, various websites, including the official website of Royal Antwerp, cite 20 June 1985 as Mamam's birthdate, which would mean he was in fact almost 16 when he played his first match for Togo.