Opening Day Fixtures

coldonmac

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's actually a very good point. Reckon ESPN might wan't to televise that game given how the last Well v Hibs game went!

To be fair it was Andy Ross that drew my attention to it but very good point indeed.

Loving the idea of Rangers at FP on Boxing Day. Fine memories. Just hope this good weather keeps up...

Seems when doing the fixtures there's a Fixtures Working Group who provide their recommendations. This group comprises of Rangers. Celtic, Hearts, Hibs & Killie. Now is it just me or with the exception of Rangers weren't all these teams very happy with their post split fixtures?

Hibs weren't over the moon at having to come to Fir Park for a third time, either.

Without the OF double header December looks challenging with two tough away trips right before it and a run of four away games in five. Tough run up to the split as well. However a chance to get a decent start and not many real bad runs. On the whole not bad. Good times for the trip to Inverness as well.

Luckily for me, I'll be sunning my fat ass in Oz during that period, so I'm sure my Christmas day BBQ on the beach might make me feel a little better if we're on a poor run of form.

Don't wanna disappoint you but it rains every Christmas day in Oz so beach BBQ's are a bit of a myth. ^_^

Happy that our first few fixtures alternate between home & away instead of a run one way or another although would prefer our first opposition to be someone who's rusty as opposed to Hibs who will be as 'fit' as we will be. IMO the reason we got off to a good start last year was due to the fact we had competitive games under our belt & the other teams were just coming off their holidays. Utd just before the split could be a six pointer so reckon they will be more disappointed with that than us as we are at home.

I think the crowd for this fixture might surprise us and I would lay a little wager on their being over 8000. The kids offer alone is going to add a significant number.

I'll take that bet. £10 to your nominated charity if the crowd is above 8000.

Just an aside, Ian-in-Oz see in your details it says you're from Gold Coast, how come the Gold is highlighted in green with two lines under it? Not just you, does anyone know? I've noticed a lot of words on websites just recently highlighted in this manner.

Edit ; It;s gone now so you probably haven't a scooby what I mean.

Just an aside, Ian-in-Oz see in your details it says you're from Gold Coast, how come the Gold is highlighted in green with two lines under it? Not just you, does anyone know? I've noticed a lot of words on websites just recently highlighted in this manner.

Haven't seen them on here (possibly because my ad blocker filters them out), but it's one of the more obnoxious forms of advertising that pops up adverts when you roll your mouse over the underlined words. VibrantMedia.com are one of the culprits: http://www.vibrantmedia.com/in-text_advertising/index.asp

Haven't seen them on here (possibly because my ad blocker filters them out), but it's one of the more obnoxious forms of advertising. VibrantMedia.com are one of the culprits: http://www.vibrantmedia.com/in-text_advertising/index.asp

I scrolled over one after I posted and an ad came up, makes it look like a hyperlink so obviously draws your attention.

Worst time possible to play ICT as they will be full of confidence. As soon as ICT secured promotion i said on here id bet my house on us getting sent up there first game of the season. Now who was it that said they'll take that bet?

Need to troll through the older threads to see where my new house is :lol:

good job no one took you're bet up, otherwise you'd be looking for a new house! :lol:

Never noticed it so certainly nothing of my doing. If it was me that done the green Gold i'd have done Coast in yellow for the Aussie colours although why their colours are green & gold when their flag is red white & blue i've no idea.

Never noticed it so certainly nothing of my doing. If it was me that done the green Gold i'd have done Coast in yellow for the Aussie colours although why their colours are green & gold when their flag is red white & blue i've no idea.

Been established it's a sneaky new advertising ploy by some sneaky advertiser. :thumbup: