Opening Day Fixtures

coldonmac

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems when doing the fixtures there's a Fixtures Working Group who provide their recommendations. This group comprises of Rangers. Celtic, Hearts, Hibs & Killie. Now is it just me or with the exception of Rangers weren't all these teams very happy with their post split fixtures?

Conspiracy? There is no conspiracy :evilgrin:

Fixtures have worked out pretty well for me. Away to Hearts on my wedding day, a game I normally would have been at but not bad, the missus was dreading me being like a bear with a sore head if we had a home game that day :P . Then I'm only missing St Midden at home during the honeymoon, pretty delighted with that to be honest.

Not a bad opening fixture, pretty difficult but should be a near full house at Fir Park I think.

Just hope the opening game doesn't fall on a Monday.

That's actually a very good point. Reckon ESPN might wan't to televise that game given how the last Well v Hibs game went!

On the fixtures as a whole, not too disappointed, except for having both bigots over crimbo, not very helpful that.

Eh?? :P

Opening day of the season always brings more fans out. Both teams are in Europe and hopefully will have played well in a couple of games, new signings, optimism. Hibs hopefully bringing a 2000+ fans through for the game. When I say full crowd I'm thinking 8000-10000. Optimistic yes but you never know. Realistic more 6000. Key word in my statemnet was Should :P

Another mould-firm double header, home to Rangers on Boxing Day then a trip to the San Giro on the Wednesday.

Exactly what I was thinking. Every season, sometimes twice. Surely to hell this can be avoided now and again.

Hibs are difficult opposition but I asked for a home game against non OF opposition and that is what I got so no complaints. Killie away the following week is a good game to have as well imo especially as they are away to Rangers on the first day.

Opening day of the season always brings more fans out. Both teams are in Europe and hopefully will have played well in a couple of games, new signings, optimism. Hibs hopefully bringing a 2000+ fans through for the game. When I say full crowd I'm thinking 8000-10000. Optimistic yes but you never know. Realistic more 6000. Key word in my statemnet was Should :P

That's better. :P

you've got to remember that the fixtures aren't as simple as they seem. rangers and celtic and hibs and hearts can't play at home on the same weekend and they try to avoid it with us and accies which reduces the options.

this double header isn't too bad. we should get a crowd and an atmosphere for the boxing day game at fir park and going to the paedodome 3 days later will be difficult but it's probably our most difficult fixture of the season so it's best to get it out the way on that awkward fixture day. it's quite handy we've got our two nearest away games around new year.