New Strips Released

Robyn

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't make my mind up without seeing the sponsor on them. All strips look weird to me without one, plus we all know a gantin sponsor can ruin even the nicest strip. Think the Jaxx logo would have looked cracking on both tae, shame.

Underwhelmed by the home strip, appreciate that it will appeal to the traditionalist though. Personally, I'd have liked a change of design given what we had last season.

As for the away, I love it. Always loved plain away strips and think it will look pretty classy on the pitch.

As has been said many times over, the sponsor could well make or break the kits.

Looking forward to seeing what else the Puma range has to offer.

Underwhelmed by the home strip, appreciate that it will appeal to the traditionalist though. Personally, I'd have liked a change of design given what we had last season.

As for the away, I love it. Always loved plain away strips and think it will look pretty classy on the pitch.

As has been said many times over, the sponsor could well make or break the kits.

Looking forward to seeing what else the Puma range has to offer.

me also with the plain strip

st mirrens all black was the best ever :thumbup::O

Im somewhat skeptical regarding the home kit as the puma badges on the sleeve and the hoop appear to be printed on.

Regarding last seasons sorry excuse for a home shirt its once bitten for me and will wait to hear the reviews before buying.

As for the away kit I LOVE IT!!!!

Noticed that as well. Fingers crossed we won't get the same issues. Italy away (paper thin) aside the quality of PUMA replica tops has been good as far as I have seen.

I can't make my mind up without seeing the sponsor on them. All strips look weird to me without one, plus we all know a gantin sponsor can ruin even the nicest strip. Think the Jaxx logo would have looked cracking on both tae, shame.

Could have ended up being muticoloured though like two years ago. I thought that looked terrible.

One thing is certain you will always struggle to appeal to everyone on something like this.

There is certainly a retro feel about both strips, looks like powers that be didn't take 99.9% of the criticism on here regarding the dodgy collar into account.

Looks like the logo's on the away strip are stitched and left printed on the home, however as yet we don't know if they are final production run efforts or just mock-ups to keep the fans happy.

The home is OK, could have done with a little more as it looks like Puma were trying to save money rather than minimalise. On the away top, hope the kitman has lots of Daz on order as I'm struggling to see how you could get any more minimalistic.

I'm guessing these designs are now set in stone?

Mmmm - a wee bit underwhelmed by both. I will buy one and probably the away one as I am a fan of simplistic designs. I actually quite like the away collar. Would have liked to have seen a little claret and amber on the away one, not much just a little more, well some at all is what I mean.

Lack of a sponsor is a concern. It may ruin both tops, hopefully I can get the away one before we get a sponsor if indeed we do. It may ruin the tops but is a reasonable source of income and would pay for 1-2 players wages per annum.

One has to question why we are only 6 weeks away from Europa Cup and NO sponsor. We must have known JAXX were not going to renew ages ago. Times are tough I know, but we are top 6 SPL side and have qualified for Europe for 3rd year in a row. If we cannot get a sponsor now, we never will. Need better negotiators methinks.......

My problem with the away top is what makes it unique to Motherwell FC? Apart from our badge there is nothing which distinguishes it from any other team who wear white. I like white but I was hoping for some claret and amber flashing somewhere to make it "ours." I appreciate there is a small claret border around the neck but I like to see strips that are clearly ours without having to read the badge. The home strip fits the bill so that will be the one for me.