Wheelchair Fans Tickets

welldone

MFC have decided that from this season no season tickets will be issued to wheelchair fans, due to over subscription. Wheelchair fans will need to apply for tickets on a match by match basis. I take my 23 yold daughter in her wheelchair she is distraught at the possiblity as MFC tickets say, may be rotated, that she will not have her season ticket this year and therefor may not get to see home games.

I have already written to Cheif Executive about siutuation.

Furthermore having already asked about ticket for her for thursdays europa game I called in at ticket office this morning to be told that there had been no decision on tickets for wheelchair fans yet, as there's a meeting on monday about it and we will know after that.

Pretty poor show we dont know and wont know till 3 days before game if we're getting tickets.

I have to say, if we were told that the east stand was oversubscribed for season tickets and we would have to lose ours and apply on a match by match basis, I am sure we would be equally peed off.

I think that if you already had a season ticket then you should be allowed to continue to get it and if others didn't get a book before now well hard cheese. If your not fast, your last.

Doesn't affect me in anyway whatsoever but personally think it's a downright disgrace ! B-)

Club letters trying to entice people to get behind the club, buy season tickets etc. on the back of another European adventure and then to treat fans in this way is not on.

Able bodied or not ALL Well fans should be treated fairly. Bad enough not getting to the away leg but to be told you'll have to wait and see if you can get into the home leg is absolute pish !

Get a grip MFC and get it sorted :huh:

MFC have decided that from this season no season tickets will be issued to wheelchair fans, due to over subscription. Wheelchair fans will need to apply for tickets on a match by match basis. I take my 23 yold daughter in her wheelchair she is distraught at the possiblity as MFC tickets say, may be rotated, that she will not have her season ticket this year and therefor may not get to see home games.

Not being trying to be funny or anything here mate but in your daughters case does she have to stay in her wheelchair once inside the ground. If not you could maybe get a seat at the end of the bottom row of the cooper or something. I'm sure plenty of fellow well fans would be willing to lend a hand to transfer her over if possible. Like i said only trying to come up with possible solution to your dilemma. :huh:

This is not acceptable, it 2010 for feck sake.

Sure MFC can find some space how about a simple platform along the base of the main stand, where theres a few steps of old terracing. It's not rocket science.

Ok its going to cost the club some cash but no one should be told they can't attend a game because their in a wheelchair.

Come on MFC get it sorted

I wounder what the MST have to say on this?

i was first to start complaining about this but the club are trying their best to sort it out there is a list of people going to the match on thursday (last i heard 14 were on it) there is a meeting on monday & we are hoping to get a disabled supporters club set up to help improve things

any disabled supporters needing more info pm me thanx

Must admit that this is pish as well!!

You can buy a simple curved pre-fab shelter that can be used for either smokers, cycles or wheelchairs for about 3 grand. Plenty of space down the front of the Main Stand or in the space to the side.

Didnt i read on another thread that the MST donated about £7000 to improve the wheelchair area? If true, what happened to that cash?

Very best of luck with that mate. Would it give you more clout to join the Asssociation ?

been told a disabled supporters club is our best bet the club are trying to sort things out so far they are being helpful & listening to supporters fingers crossed things get sorted out quickly

1. Previously, the club have catered for disabled fans (in a genuine attempt to be accommodating), and their carers, without any real restrictions both in terms of costs and numbers.

2 + 3. We have changed procedures in order to understand more clearly the demands in place for access to the ground. Currently we have over 80 supporters who access the ground on match days via disabled season tickets. There are also an addition 80 carers that accompany these fans.

In conjunction with Capability Scotland, and whilst during a comprehensive audit of our facilities, it became abundantly clear that the areas to which the disabled fans were allocated were unsuitable for that number.

Furthermore, there are no records of how many disabled supporters actually attend home matches and where they eventually sit whilst in the ground (some disabled fans enter via the wheelchair section and then move freely into the O'Donnell Stand for example).

In this era of stadium security and all things relating to supporter health and safety, that is a situation that the club cannot allow to continue. Essentially, what we propose to do is to monitor usage and allocate space more appropriately in line with what our facility at Fir Park can safely cater for.

In doing so we can talk to the supporters who regularly attend and, thereafter, understand their own needs more. It will actually be of benefit to our disabled fans in the longer term; our hope it to provide more suitable amenities and to further enhance their experience.

The club will continue to allow access to the ground, free of charge, for both supporters and carers on match day – something that many, many clubs no longer do.

There is no hidden agenda, simply put, if there was an incident in the stadium then the club has a duty of care to be able to evacuate and make safe the stadium and we cannot do that if I do not know where disabled supporters are, how many are in the ground and their physical needs.

We have to reduce the amount we offer because, quite simply, our ageing facility can't safely offer/host more

"The club will continue to allow access to the ground, free of charge, for both supporters and carers on match day – something that many, many clubs no longer do."

Fair play indeed. Hopefully everyone will continue to be accomodated next year.

I wounder what the MST have to say on this?

The Trust met with Leanne Dempster last week. However, more importantly a number of those affected by the changes have been talking with the club to get the best possible outcome for the users of the disabled enclosure. As I understand it these individuals are also talking to an organisation backed by UEFA to see if additional funding can be secured to make further improvements to the facilities on offer, the Trust are committed to supporting those who are making these moves.

Didnt i read on another thread that the MST donated about £7000 to improve the wheelchair area? If true, what happened to that cash?

The Trust did donate £7000 to the club last year to make improvements to disabled facilities at Fir Park. The vast majority of this work has already been completed. We'll have an update on what's happening next week, hopefully with pictures, to give everyone an understanding of what progress has been made.