Marky Reynolds!

Motherwell89

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is the case Motherwell F.C. is doomed. Where else are we going to get the money needed to survive?

The recent signing up of our younger talent on long term deals has been done to prevent another Paul Slane situation in the future and secure decent transfer fees that will guarantee the future of our club.

Taking the Motherwell-tinted glasses off, I'd argue that Motherwell FC has done very well to be where it is today. The ground is around 12 miles from Glasgow and attendances are tenth in a league of 12. Despite this, and I've posted elsewhere on this site, we're the most successful town club in the history of the SPL.

I wouldn't use the word 'doomed' going forward. I would use the word 'overachiever' looking back.

SD

Well..

90K for wining a Europa Game in QR1,2,3 and then 100k for play offs then 100,000,000 for group stages :cheers: (i think)

Finish 5th last season not sure what its worth but I would imagine more than finishing out of the top 6!

You are either underestimating the money needed to run a pro football club or the teams abilities. Both I suspect. There will (sadly) soon come a time when we won't qualify for Europe. After this year we might not do it for a long while. Out of the last 3 times we have qualified for Europe we have achieved this on our own footballing merits only once. We can't be that lucky/fortunate for long. Just being realistic and so will the club. Europe is not a source of income we can rely on or should budget for. We have no chance of winning a game in the playoffs (imo) or reaching the group stages so you can forget about that money right now. Although I am pretty sure you have miscalculated the financial rewards for winning a group game.

As for finishing in top 6 etc..............I'd imagine a lot of that money has went on our new pitches. A fact that worries a lot of people and has been spoken about by the club is that the longer we stay at Fir Park the more money we will spend year on year making it fit for purpose. That is why the club wants away from FP and to a new ground.

Transfer fees is where Motherwell's future lies.

use the money from Europe to invest in the future, keeping good players etc so we can qualify for Europe on merit? :cheers:

+ European football raises the profile of the club, bigger crowds, more games, bigger teams coming to fir park.. more money.. tv rights.. sponsorship.. etc

selling all your good players just is not practical! wining stuff and competing is! :P

Taking the Motherwell-tinted glasses off, I'd argue that Motherwell FC has done very well to be where it is today. The ground is around 12 miles from Glasgow and attendances are tenth in a league of 12. Despite this, and I've posted elsewhere on this site, we're the most successful town club in the history of the SPL.

I wouldn't use the word 'doomed' going forward. I would use the word 'overachiever' looking back.

SD

Don't Killie have a higher league placing than us if you take in an overall SPL league table?

That aside I'm not sure how your above point relates to you whether you genuinely our days of commanding transfer fees are over and me saying if that if that is the case we are in serious, serious, bother.

sooo much doom and gloom can't be good..... if everyone was more positive more people would go to the games/show interest! we are in Europe! we look much much better right now than we did at this point last season... we really should be happy and positive going into this season :cheers:

use the money from Europe to invest in the future, keeping good players etc so we can qualify for Europe on merit? :cheers:

+ European football raises the profile of the club, bigger crowds, more games, bigger teams coming to fir park.. more money.. tv rights.. sponsorship.. etc

selling all your good players just is not practical! wining stuff and competing is! :P

How much do you think we will earn from Europe this year? What do you think we can get for that? I'm interested in your answers here.

We have been in Europe before and it sadly hasn't had a major impact on bigger clubs, tv rights, and sponsorship. What will change this time?

Selling your good players is a way to survive for us. You don't get any more practical than that.

sooo much doom and gloom can't be good..... if everyone was more positive more people would go to the games/show interest! we are in Europe! we look much much better right now than we did at this point last season... we really should be happy and positive going into this season :cheers:

Being realistic never hurt anybody either though :P

I'm not being gloomy or doo..........you get my point.

I just don't expect us to win trophies or feature in Europe every year. If that is your true expectation then you are in for just as many disappointments. I'm delighted we are there this year again and enjoying it as much as possible. I hope we do it again next year, and the year after, and so on.

@finaly if we do well and win all 4 games going to play offs that is 400k roughly + gate receipts etc

sooo.. pretty decent little boost their, their is the possibility of us playing a big club in Europe obviously! being in Europe = good for club :)

selling players who are capable of getting their = bad :P especially if its for 200k etc...

@andrew being realistic is what's wrong with Scottish football! do you think everyone thought Wallace was being realistic when he invaded England :cheers:

@finaly if we do well and win all 4 games going to play offs that is 400k roughly + gate receipts etc

sooo.. pretty decent little boost their, their is the possibility of us playing a big club in Europe obviously! being in Europe = good for club :)

selling players who are capable of getting their = bad :P especially if its for 200k etc...

@andrew being realistic is what's wrong with Scottish football! do you think everyone thought Wallace was being realistic when he invaded England :cheers:

So what do you think our yearly overall wage bill is (not just playing staff, including management, coaches, groundstaff, office staff, etc.) and then what about bills for the running/up keep of our club? We probably have less than (or close too) 3,000 season ticket holders and last year had one of the lowest home attendances in the league (admittedly also due to very poor number of away fans attending FP). We have a poor TV deal with ESPN/SKY after Setanta folded. You now think we are going to pump the "£400,000" straight onto the park in players/players wages/appearance fees/win bonuses and so on?

The 400k should be invested same as transfer fees would.. to keep the club going! ie. rather than sell a good player for 300k we could earn the 300k or more by letting him do his job :cheers: Motherwell FC is a business and every business wants to grow and succeed. Selling your assets keeps you a float but it wont let you expand and grow! why think backwards when you can think forwards! we have a great youth system in place that produces a lot of good players, we are not in the same desperate situation that we were in and we now can keep and develop the players longer. The club is moving forward and has came along way.. their is no reason to start moving backwards now!

The 400k should be invested same as transfer fees would.. to keep the club going! ie. rather than sell a good player for 300k we could earn the 300k or more by letting him do his job :angry: Motherwell FC is a business and every business wants to grow and succeed. Selling your assets keeps you a float but it wont let you expand and grow! why think backwards when you can think forwards! we have a great youth system in place that produces a lot of good players, we are not in the same desperate situation that we were in and we now can keep and develop the players longer. The club is moving forward and has came along way.. their is no reason to start moving backwards now!

The only way we are going to get that kind of money from the SPL is winning the SPL or finishing in a CL slot (although I think that is now the same thing) and that just won't ever happen.

we get that money easily from playing in Europe.. SPL winner gets like 1.2 mil... then it deceases by every position.. we would have got atleast 500k from our final position last year :angry: thats nothing ofc to the premiership where they get 20 mil wen they get relegated :woop:

we finished second before we can do it again ! have faith :O

Just saw this, Blackpools in & outs page

Rumoured: Danny Welbeck (Manchester United), Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (Wolves), DJ Campbell (Leicester), Mark Reynolds (Motherwell), Brett Pitman (Bournemouth), Nicky Butt (Newcastle), DaMarcus Beasley (Rangers).

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_6261656,00.html

He's also on the list for Newcastle on that page.

Is there any chance Celtic are on the look out for new (and cheap) centre-backs after losing McManus and Caldwell last season?

As much as I like and rate Reynolds I would be surprised to see him in the Premiership.

Not that far off the standard of Christophe Berra, and he coped perfectly well in his debut season in the Prem.

Just saw this, Blackpools in & outs page

Rumoured: Danny Welbeck (Manchester United), Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (Wolves), DJ Campbell (Leicester), Mark Reynolds (Motherwell), Brett Pitman (Bournemouth), Nicky Butt (Newcastle), DaMarcus Beasley (Rangers).

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_6261656,00.html

Going to end up at Sunderland I think.

He's also on the list for Newcastle on that page.

Is there any chance Celtic are on the look out for new (and cheap) centre-backs after losing McManus and Caldwell last season?

fuck that! i'd rather he left on a free then headed down south than that manky lot take him for 200-300k.

The only way we are going to get that kind of money from the SPL is winning the SPL or finishing in a CL slot (although I think that is now the same thing) and that just won't ever happen.

Why not?In a few years time the SPL will be a 3 or 4 horse race and not just a 2

Why not?In a few years time the SPL will be a 3 or 4 horse race and not just a 2

If that is the case, it'll be because the top are getting worse, not that another 1/2 teams are getting so much better and will only see Scottish football get that bit worse (if thats possible)