Best Players Of The Last Ten Years!

Motherwell89

I will only pick the players I have seen and thats only over the past couple of years

----------------Ruddy--------------------

Corrigan----Craigan---Reynolds-----Hammell

Hughes-----------Lasley----------McFadden

Porter-----------McDonald-------McCormack

I will admit that he was good while he was on loan, but as soon as he got that full-time contract, he was minging. Biggest shitebag you'll see on a fitba' pitch.

I don't think he turned minging because he got a full time contract, It was more so because he done his cruciate ligaments basically as soon as he got a full time contract.

Gonny go for the fashionable 4-2-3-1 :

-----------Ruddy-------------

Kaiser---Craigan---Reynolds---Hammell

---------Vadocz----Lasley---------

R.McCormack----Pearson------McFadden

--------------Porter----------------

Defensive solidty, creativity/dig/athleticism in front of the back 4, Faddy/Pearo/Hammell interplay down the left (we finished bottom but it was fun to watch at times), and Porter leading the line. Difficult choice between him and Skippy, but he's been the best 'big' frontman in terms of overall movememt, goals and quality in the last 10 years. And the entertainment value of Faddy and Rossco. I'd pay to watch that side...

Anyone who puts Clarkson in should be slapped IMO. :mad:

I Disagree, personally there is others that i'd have infront of him but I can see why people would have him in there. He had a couple of seasons where he didn't meet some peoples expectations, that was always going to be difficult following McFadden in such quick succession but on the whole he was a great servant to motherwell fc, scored some really important goals and had some sterling performances. He really shone in the Mcghee era which lead to us getting a decent transfer fee for him.

-----------------------Ruddy-------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

Corrigan---Craigan--------Reynolds-----Hammell

McFadden--Leitch----------O'Donnell-----Pearson

-------------McDonald------Clarkson---------------

Anyone who puts Clarkson in should be slapped IMO. :mad:

How many Motherwell players have scored double figure tallies in 3 different seasons in the last ten years?

In terms of goals he's our 4th top scorer since we were promoted in the mid eighties (only Kirk, Arnott and Coyne scored more) and is in the Top Twenty SPL goalscorers since the leagues formation.

He was also, by my reckoning, our best player for his last final two seasons by some distance which is why we got one of the biggest fees for him the club has ever received.

He even won Scotland caps while at the club and is probably the only Motherwell player to score an international goal for Scotland while at the club for 40+ years.

I Disagree, personally there is others that i'd have infront of him but I can see why people would have him in there. He had a couple of seasons where he didn't meet some peoples expectations, that was always going to be difficult following McFadden in such quick succession but on the whole he was a great servant to motherwell fc, scored some really important goals and had some sterling performances. He really shone in the Mcghee era which lead to us getting a decent transfer fee for him.

Fair enough, each opinion to their own.

I just feel Porter, McCormack, McDonald, McFadden were all miles ahead of him in terms of ability.

McBride might be a controversial one but I remember him being absolutely brilliant before he did his knee and unfortunately, never the same after.

I'm certain that McBride was statistically the second best midfielder in the Spl the season he was on loan, 04-05 I think, behind Alan Thompson.

Almost bang on the money for me, although would have the Kaiser ahead of Quinn and Porter ahead of McCormack. I'm trying desperately hard to think of a midfielder to get rid of that dick Pearson as well :lol:

I can understand your thinking but for me Quinn was a better attacking full back although Corrigan offers more options in defence. Porter would be a better foil for Skippy who would profit from the big man's knockdowns. Love him or hate him I think Pearo was the best left sided midfielder we have had in the last 10 years and as someone else said the interplay between him Hammell and McFadden was a treat to watch especially the day we thrashed Livi