Faddy Back At Fir Park Next Season

TAM

Strong rumours doing the rounds that Faddy could be set to move to Celtic for £2.5m he is entering final year of contract at Birmingham and may be lured by chane to play in the Champions League.

What reception would he get from the FP faithful?

He'll get a good reception from me where ever he goes but I highly doubt he will end up at Celtic in the immediate future.

First of all he is earning much more in the Premiership than Celtic can pay him - why would he take a step down in wages?

Secondly he is 27 years old, he is entering his peak years as a footballer - why would be take a step down in level when he should be playing at the highest level?

I could maybe see him coming back to Scotland at 31 or 32 or something like that but not at this stage in his career.

Used to work with a wee mate of his. He says that despite always being into football and being surrounded by tims, he never really supported a particular team.

I have started to realise that most people who are so naturaly gifted at football didn't actually have an interest in it at school or when they were growing up. Despite most players saying 'I supported my boyhood heroes _________'... when they sign for them it rarely means that they went every week and could ryhme off the first 11 for the last 10 years.

With regards to Faddy and Celtic - the way I see it is that Faddy has held off this move for as long as he can - if he wanted to play for Celtic it would have happened by now - prob two and a bit years into his Everton career when things weren't working out. But he stuck at it and realised that not only is the Premiership the honeypot but it is where you get taken seriously as a solid pro - and playing a disciplined succesful roll in a good Birmingham City team will have proved himself to be more than a tricky kid with some flair and a swagger.

Finally, as the posterboy for the International team Faddy has been and will be truly adored by all in Scotland. For hime to sign for either half of the Old Firm instantly means that almost half the country go from loving you to hating you - madness!!!

Na, next time Faddy is playing in the SPL it will be at the new Ravenscraig Stadium in it's maiden season playing for his REAL boyhood heroes in Season 2016 :O