Travel Thread For Norway

GazzyB

Who's goin? How you gettin there? How much is it costing?!

I'm seriously considering it. If I can get it done for under £200 then I'll be there. Gonna spend all day in work looking at ways to get there!

Edinburgh to Oslo Return on Norwegian Air £208

Wed 21.00 arrive 23.55

Fri 19.35 arrive 20.30

Oslo to Alesund on Norwegian Air Single £37

Thur 07.50 - 08.45

Alesund to Oslo on SAS single £61.50

Fri 14.25 - 15.20

Total £308.50

www.norwegian.no

www.flysas.co.uk

priced it all up then realised i cant make it, but heres what i came up with.

Car rental for 5 days (tuesday - saturday) £109

Dover to Calais Ferry on Wed morning ( 5 people + 1 car) £25 (return)

Drive from calais to Hirtshals (Denmark)

Hirtshals to Larvik ferry ( 5 people + 1 car) £185 / 217Euro (return)

Drive Larvik to Aalesunds

Watch game then all the way back

back in dover Late Friday night.

5 people sharing comes to around £60 per person, plus fuel. which with an eco-friendly rental doing around 60mpg for the 1700miles is a total of £140 in fuel, split between the 5.

So everything for under £100 each :lol:

Hello from Norway. I have seen how you are struggeling to find a cheap way to get to Aalesund from Scotland. By plane is the fastest , but also the most expensive way. Saw someone suggest a route ,which ended up in Bergen. But it stopped there, as there are no trains going here. BUT...there is a speedboat which depart from Bergen and travels to Maaloey, and go by a waiting bus all the way to Aalesund.

So the route will then be: Plane to Amsterdam, bus to Ijmegen, boat to Bergen, speedboat to Maaloey, bus to Aalesund.

The speedboat depart twice a day ( at 8:00am and 4:30pm CET), the trip take 4hrs35mins and the bus takes another 3hrs35mins.

You have to preorder a ticket for the speedboat/bus. You can do that by calling +47 55 90 70 70

Hope this was helpful in any way or the other :-)

Hello from Norway. I have seen how you are struggeling to find a cheap way to get to Aalesund from Scotland. By plane is the fastest , but also the most expensive way. Saw someone suggest a route ,which ended up in Bergen. But it stopped there, as there are no trains going here. BUT...there is a speedboat which depart from Bergen and travels to Maaloey, and go by a waiting bus all the way to Aalesund.

So the route will then be: Plane to Amsterdam, bus to Ijmegen, boat to Bergen, speedboat to Maaloey, bus to Aalesund.

The speedboat depart twice a day ( at 8:00am and 4:30pm CET), the trip take 4hrs35mins and the bus takes another 3hrs35mins.

You have to preorder a ticket for the speedboat/bus. You can do that by calling +47 55 90 70 70

Hope this was helpful in any way or the other :-)

Brilliant! ;)B-)

SAS out of Heathrow via Oslo was £333 when I booked it last night,out Thursday morning,back Friday morning,just hope I don't bump into any if the East of Scotland branch again.

Try Newcastle via Copenhagen ??

The East of Scotland branch will remember your chat up line for a long time - we heard it often enough in Iceland! I'm sure you will find at least one pretty young Norwegian girl who will fall for the offer of a free ride in your London cab!!