Alesund

pbruce

They have allocated section G to MFC and you have to get the tickets from fir park so phone on monday and they should send you them down once you pay for it I guess. I say guess as I contacted Fir Park by email from here to get the guys tickets out here and you guess it I have heard hee haw from them (good PR that eh). Well with time moving on and the mail between Scotland and Norway not the best time wise I guess that me and the guys (approx 25 are going to the game) will just get our tickets here and get them in an adjacent section. price is 250Nok. They may let us move in I do not know as I said earlier the fans and club are excellent and very pro football unlike some clubs I could mention.

As for a bus yes, they will be some from Vigra to Alesund and the drivers drop you off where you want you just say where you are staying and they drop you at the door. They are that friendly over all here; first class people in general. The bus sits right outside the exit door where you will land and is approx 100-130Nok if I remember correctly. Best book a hotel if you are staying over night as bed space really is at a premium over here at present. Need to know anything else just ask.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are getting only one small section (two tiers) behind the left hand goal right in to the corner flag. I was sitting in the opposite end of the ground today but in the same area and you get a good view as the stands are like hearts very steep.

I know what you are saying but really they are that bad. They played in a local derby a couple of weeks ago and this was a derby mind you and I thought that was poor with not even a tackle in it. I am only worried about this as they cannot be that bad again. Here is hoping. Just meet a couple of die hard Celtic guys from site who watched the game in the pub and they both say a good junior team would have beat the two of them today which shows I am not watching this through tinted specs.

When Aalesund sucks, we really sucks. You got that right. But, we do have our moments and the game today truly was a step in the right direction. Im sure it will be a close bet, but with a match fit and injury-free squad, a class keeper and tons of enthusiasm everything is possible. Aalesund has nothing to lose and do have enough international experience (5 of the 11 starters represents their national team) within the team to give Motherwell a really hard fight. My tip: 2-1 in the first match, 1-1 in Scotland.

I'll also be turning up without a ticket,will I be able to pay cash at the turnstile to get into the Motherwell end ? Thanks in advance.

Either that or you could find a secluded spot behind the electronic scoreboard ;)

Anyone who supports Motherwell because they got Willie Pettigrew as a panini sticker as a kid is ok by me :lol:

aaelesund are slight favourites to go through,500/1 best to win europa,we're at 750/1. :lol:

Where are you getting the odds? The only place that seems to have them up is Bwin and they have us favourites to go through (11/17 with Aalesund 11/10).

Crikey - that is a positive post - 5-1 aggregate score :lol:

Aalesund will be much better than Breidlablik and will not be so wasteful in front of goal with similar chances. We are the seeded side and are possibly marginal favourites, but I do not see this tie being decided by any more than the odd goal or 2.

How will we take to the artificial surface and like the Icelanders Aalesund are a good way into their season. If we can get an away goal and a narrow loss or draw I would hope we can use home advantage in the second leg to go through.

Other than that I know little about Aalesund to make claims like pbbruce. I would take the Jambos and other SPL fans comments with a pinch of salt. Easiest thing in the world to make a comment like they are p1sh - should be an easy win for Motherwell. I very much doubt that.

Mr pbruce-hello,i'm a Motherwell fan living in London.Is there an airport bus that will take me into the centrum of Aelsund ? I get to Aelsund at 2pm.

I'll also be turning up without a ticket,will I be able to pay cash at the turnstile to get into the Motherwell end ? Thanks in advance.

Julian why don't you contact Motherwell

they have been very helpful in the past and on the most recent trips they had all the tickets organised to hand out to the charter passengers, it's possible they would add you to the list and allow you to pick it up from them at the ground as long as you dont mess them about.

Aalesund will be much better than Breidlablik

im not so sure :lol:

I spend all day Friday at work on youtube watching all their videos, watch the game today.. to give you an idea of what i seen it was like a slow paced third division game ;)

though that said Thursday's game looked like a juniors game :P

This is how the will probably line up:

------------------Lindegaard---------------

Jagger------Arnefjord---Jalasto-----Parr

------Arneag----Larsen---Carlsen--------

Mathisen------------------------------Phillips

--------------------Aaroy------------------

Lindegaard - He seems like a very good goal Keeper.

Jagger & Jalaston look pretty decent, Arnefjord I think we could catch out he seems like a worse version of craigan) :thumbup: Parr seems shaky, think we can exploit his side, but Phillips seems fast, maybe we should play Humphrey over their to beat him for pace and cause the young left pack problems. Larsen, Carlsen seem young but work well together, Arneag looks good, Mathisen looks pish, a slow version of Humps, Aaroy seems good in the air but not much else going for him and seemingly hes their only striker!

Yes Aaroy is our only striker at the moment, and that is a no good situation for us. Rekdall is looking to buy one or two strikers but they will not be ready for the games against M'well anyhow.

The threadstarter who lives in Alesund seem to make you believe this will be an easy match. I hope your players are reading in here as well and makes the same conclusion.

Look, easy math. You won 1-0 in both matches against Breidablik. A small club from Iceland. We are the 4'th club in Norway now. We are 15 times the population of Iceland with a lot of money in football. Our league can not be that bad...no way !

Sorry if you think I thought this would be an easy match; I was only stating the fact that any time I see Alesund I do not rate them. And being a MFC supporter for years I know their is no such thing as an easy match. And I find it funny that people can have such different views on the same game. To me the best out field player on the park was Jonathan Parr who at a drop of a hat took off up the wing but still got back to do his duties as a full back. I cannot pass comment on your one forward as not once did he jump for the ball and seemed more happy to chest the ball down rather than head it. Lets not even discuss his (none) ability with his passing and for a big lad if anyone went even nearly near him he went down. No, I did not say that this would be an easy match; all I said was in my opinion on what I have seen with my own eyes Alesund are not as good a team as the 'well and we will get through.

Sorry if you think I thought this would be an easy match; I was only stating the fact that any time I see Alesund I do not rate them. And being a MFC supporter for years I know their is no such thing as an easy match. And I find it funny that people can have such different views on the same game.

You do need to bear in mind that Aalesund met a presumingly better team which had scored 16 goals in their last four matches and were in really good form. Aalesund has lately been hurt by lots of injuries (has got 3-5 players out from a tiny squad for the last three months), something which definetly has influenced league form. In shade of all that the match against Vålerenga surely was a giant step in the right direction. With a close to injury free squad, new born confidence and match fit players in front of two matches where Aalesund really has nothing to lose as we are tiny club with no experience in europe, im confident that we will be more then a mouthful for Motherwell.

i'm assuming that if they were above us to win it then they must be favs to beat us.

Well we're seeded and they're not, so they're obviously not going to be favourites to beat them.

If we can get through this tie, we'll have done our bit for the Scottish co-efficient. So despite the fact that the teams could will be pretty evenly matched (and there is no easy game for Motherwell as we all know), on paper, being seeds, we should progress. Here's hoping.