New Motherwell Historical Website

Kat

Alright guys and girls, not spamming the site for free adverts, So Please don't delete.

Got a new website thats been due to be released called WELLnet - its taken almost 9 years to complete LOL - its been online before but due to the vast content there was always alot of dead links which frustrated people so i decided to shut it down and start afresh.

It contains basically Every aspect of the club you could think of, a profile for almost every player and manager (Including before WW2), every result and scorers (Including the missing years (1939 to 1945). An interactive Fir Park You Click where you'd like to go. An a to z of the clubs history, over 250 Vintage Photos, which include Texaco Cups, Anglo/Scot Cup, Europe etc.

Rare stories such as Third Lanark Bribing Motherwell to lose, Goalkeeper Colin Hampton taking advantage of an old ruling and taking the ball from his penalty area and scoring before Third Lanarks keeper retaliates and does the same thing. A fan who was allowed to play a competitive game when the squad was curtailed by injury. What about the youngster who attacked his team mate in training. I think you's get the drift

Im excited about getting it up and running ASAP.

If anyone has any Photos they have taken or have any rare info it would be greatly received, as the Motherwell Times and a few posters on here already have contributed priceless info and pics. Everyone of course would be thanked on the credit pages. Also any ideas please get i touch, and any queations feel free as well.

KAT

Look forward to seeing the site myself. I was an occasional visitor to the old site (if I remember rightly the one with the Motherwell Tartan Wallpaper?) and got some useful information from it in the past.

Good luck with it when you launch!

No exact date set. Hope to be very early february. Its almost double the content from last site. Thats why its taken so long. And yes the Tarten backgound remains lol

Heres a few snippets from the site, they are NOT the finished article but i think they are a good we taster of what to expect.

John McMenemy from Player Archive

Kilmarnock-shaw and TJ Quirk from A to Z

There Two menu bars at the top, each section is massive.

Cheers mate. Hope to have it up ASAP - Tons better than last site. We took old site offline due to deadlinks nothing more frustrating than finding some great information and not being able to access it. so this time all info is in place. The design of site is far better and easier to access. We have massive player archive, Photo archive and a new interactive Fir Park section i'm really excited about,so im sure it will be massively popular. If you'd like any more info early i'd be happy to provide.

KAT

This sounds fantastic! I wish you every success with the site. I would be interested in the post war period, particularly the early fifties, when my Dad and Uncle faithfully supported at Fir Park. Alledgedly, there is a photograph taken of the two of them in their bunnets and mufflers on the terracing, (just the two of them......I think they were the support on this occasion, :cheers: )and it appeared in the Motherwell Times. I've always meant to trawl through the back copies, but never got round to it.

Good luck. I look forward to reading it.

Just to reitrate if any one has any Rare information, Photos or ideas please PM me as i'm at the point where im just tiding the site up for release. Its great getting plenty of support from fellow fans and im sure you's wont be disappointed. The site shud be up early feb, i wouldnt imagine it being any later than that.

KAT

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds excellent mate. I use to also visit the older site. Was gutted as it seemed to just vanish, had plenty of info on the club and was a fine read. Whats new in it? - Any rough estimate when it will be launched?

My great grandfather played for the club in the 30's called Willie Rodger, will you have any info in that era?

Looking forward to it bud.

Ta

Alright mate. Not got exact release date but should be up sometime this month.

Basically the whole site is new. If you have downloaded any of the wee bits above i posted earlier you will get a feel for our rough cut design.

We have an almost complete A to Z on Motherwell Players, your great grandfather Willie Rodger is in it.

NEWBIES include the likes of Season Archive from 1886 to Present - Basically that involves Fixtures, Scorers, Squad Photo, Transfers (in and outs) and a Season Review to go along with it.

Fir Park Tour - We have an animated staduim where You click where you wanna go and you will get a view of that particular place.

Those are perhaps the 2 biggest ventures but we also have an A to Z of the side, An International Section which contains lots bout the club.

We have a great collection of photos in the Photo Archive and Player Archive Sections.

We have every Scottish club in the site, for example we are playing Inverurie tonight in Scottish cup, you can click on them get some useful info.

The site will never be complete as Historys written every day, but we will just keep adding.

Any other info you need or want just PM me or write in here, Im sure one of my older sites is still on the net somewhere lying dormant, i try find link for that. I could ramble on all day as im proud of the site, its almost taken 9 years to get it ready.

KAT

• 3 months later...