The Duke

postiejim

Coventry have confirmed the signing of everton striker Lukas Jutkiewicz for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old, who scored 11 goals during a loan spell with Motherwell last season, has agreed a three-year deal at the Ricoh Arena and is manager Aidy Boothroyd's sixth summer signing.

Boss Aidy Boothroyd told the club`s official website: "We are delighted to have Lukas on board and this adds more strength to the squad.

"We wanted to enhance our attacking options and this will certainly do that. He is at the right age too, to grow and develop with Coventry City."

Jutkiewicz joins Lee Carsley, Gary McSheffrey, Richard Keogh, Roy O'Donovan and Stephen O'Halloran as new signings this summer.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in relation to this - quick question how many former 'Well front men will be playng in the Championship this season??

The Juke, Scott MacDonald, David Clarkson, Ross McCormick and Chris Porter off the top of my head. Add in Paul Quinn, John Ruddy, Coke and Stephen Hughes from other areas of the park and it's not a bad tally. Sure i will have missed someone.

Bugger it, I hope in the years to come when more info becomes available that the Cardiff City money didn't cost us his signature.
I doubt it. I only ever heard Brown talking about getting him back on loan. Everton made it quite clear they wanted to sell him, and I can't imagine we could have afforded his non-subsidised wages, far less his transfer fee.

always kinda expected him to get a big move, but I, along with a few other well fans I'm sure, was always clinging to the smallest of hopes that he would return!

the big guy deserves full credit and deserves a big move.

will never forget his wonderstrike against hibs, it meant so much to well fans :nod:

anywayy, good luck to the big chap!

Thanks for everything Duke :notworthy: