Scape Goat

Tartan Copper

If anyone thinks Motherwell are "pish" when they are two nil up after twenty minutes at home in a European tie and enjoying the majority of possession then I struggle to see how they can gey any satisfaction from the game. If it is as you say a 'stress relief' I can only imagine how bad things are in his life away from Fir Park :P

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on m8, screaming "this is pish" at YOUR OWN TEAM when theyre 2-0 up after 20 mins of a tricky European game is a bit out of order,thats not supporting your team, if you wana release some pressure, get some therapy,leather a ned or pump an easy tart, dont act like a mongo in a footie stadium

Or vent your spleen on a fan's forum...... :P

Thats my point but shaka. Every single person acts differently. If all we done was clap and cheer at the footie it would get boring really quickly.

I know I was screaming at Hately because I thought he was totally innefectual in the game. Yes we were 2-0 up but when I see crags putting in that type of performance and murphy breaking club records I hate people like him who hide most of the game. He seems to play well against the old firm but really disappears in other games.

I was also really nervous when we seemed to be camped on our own 18 yard line for really long spells in the 2nd half when all we needed was someone to put the foot on the ball and pass the ball about but none of our midfielders could match the norwegians. We need that dig in midfield and it was sadly lacking last night. This is where the frustration comes from and why we shout even when we are in the lead because we are all shit scared because as you know Motherwell always seem to do things the hard way.

Make no mistake, last nigt was a right good result in terms of the score, but the first 20 minutes aside, we were fairly poor.

They were a pretty average team who showed nice touches and moved the ball around reasonably well, but for us to sit so deep against them beggered belief. At times, the defending was desperate, with the ball being hoofed anywhere, only to come right back at us.

We will improve I'm sure, but the way I see it, we have to move the ball to feet a hell of a lot more effectively than we've shown so far; there's a danger that we'll end up lumping the ball regardless of who we play, because thats the way we've largely played so far.

As good as the keeper and back four have played so far, a good team will punish us playing like that; there's a lot to be said for 'the best form of defense is attack'.

Having said all this, if we get past the next round, I may well be back on here saying Pa's a tactical God :ph34r:

MON RA DOSSERS

Ach your right. Last night just wisnae good enough.

get a grip..no one is disputing the result but once you get rid of the amber and claret specs and looked deeper into the game you cannot fail to see were we struggled. Areas that require working on.

Listening to Craig Brown post match interview only confirmed it. Good result but even he said our midfield couldn't cope and it was back to the walls for large parts of the game.

We do have players who can boss the midfield but not one of them did that last night. Its not a dig at the team just an observation and its good that Broonie saw this and mentioned it in his post match interview. Even craigan said that the stats guys had warned the team pre match that Aalesund score most of their goals between 45-55 minutes and maybe that played on the minds of the guys as they started the 2nd half.

hmm thought we had moved on from general supporting to analysis of the game as your response was not exactly enlightening. Ok one guy was having a dig, he paid his cash, so what..This is not going to turn into the old am a better fan because I clap all day is it?? :ph34r:

The complete lack of pressure we were putting on the ball when under the cosh in the 2nd half was crimminal. We sat back and allowed them to stroll into our half for long periods. Our defense can't play that well every week to get us out of jail.

hmm thought we had moved on from general supporting to analysis of the game as your response was not exactly enlightening. Ok one guy was having a dig, so what :ph34r:

I didn't. You had, but I didn't have any interest in your opinion :P

If it was just a "so what" scenario you shouldn't have bothered repsonding to my comment then.

I didn't. You had, but I didn't have any interest in your opinion :P

If it was just a "so what" scenario you shouldn't have bothered repsonding to my comment then.

responding to comments is what a message board is for, is it not. If you weren't interested in the comment why did you read it and respond.. :ph34r:

Whats with all the words in the middle of your sentences in block capitals? We can all read perfectly fine without you doing that.

And your point was ? I see you dont like my capital letters, i do apologise SORRY.

Cant we just stick to Football related issues and not my formatting skills, if the you have nothing of interest to post why bother posting it. I can go to work and deal with numptys all day every day, please give me some restbite. The Thread was (Scape Goat) not Countdown.

I've just put on ma tin hat to get on this thread.. :doh: . Personally i think Humphry has bags of pace and raw talent . A good manager and coach that we've now got will bring out the best in him i think he'll have a fab season. Going back to my bunker now :lol:

I got a comment on my page from Tartan Copper asking for me to give Humphrey credit. I think someone didn't get enough hugs as a child.

I'll reiterate what I said on the MotM Poll thread and in a PM to him directly.

Played really well in the first half, in the 2nd like most of the team was ineffectual due to change in Brown's tactics and not adapting to Aaelsund's 4 up front, hence why Craigan won the MotM and his name being sung.

In the second half I remember two 50-50's where he made the wrong choice one in attack when he shot and a pass to an open Murphy (I think) was a better option and one defensive where he should have played the easy ball.

Overall he was in the top 4 players on the field and may have been Man of the Match if tactics allowed.

Yep, 2nd half he was basically marking their guy in left midfield the whole 2nd half, matching runs etc. I will give him his due in that I saw their midfield wanting to release that guy a few times down the left wing but Humphrey's matched his runs constantly. Although when he did eventually get fed the ball humphrey's couldn't tackle to save himself.

Humphrey has a very good first half, and helped contribute to the 2 goals. Second half, agreed tactics, made him play as a RB and match Jonathan Parr's runs. Remember Parr is an Internationalist in the Norwegen team keeping Pederson out. So i felt Humphrey did a great job, as for MOTM, Craigan deserved it, mathced equally by Reynolds who kept the BIG man out the game.

I've just put on ma tin hat to get on this thread.. :whistling: . Personally i think Humphry has bags of pace and raw talent . A good manager and coach that we've now got will bring out the best in him i think he'll have a fab season. Going back to my bunker now ;)

That kind of sums up my feelings on the matter. He has the tools, just requires a good coach to smooth off the rough edges. Like telling him to slow down (just a wee bit, he'll still be fast enough for most defenders) before putting a cross in. I think when his delivery has been poor (and it's getting better), it's because he's been going at full pelt and is having to slam the brakes on to get the cross in...

Humphrey has a very good first half, and helped contribute to the 2 goals. Second half, agreed tactics, made him play as a RB and match Jonathan Parr's runs. Remember Parr is an Internationalist in the Norwegen team keeping Pederson out. So i felt Humphrey did a great job, as for MOTM, Craigan deserved it, mathced equally by Reynolds who kept the BIG man out the game.

Jonnymfc..... a perfect response, i agree with you entirely, i have seen the potential in HUMPHREY for a while now but like most people we have not seen the best of him, he will get there just keep supporting him and the confidence levels will shine through and that will only benefit the club. Do we reckon he is in a position to start Sat game ?