Not Long To Go!

AndyRoss

Back at work today so need something to take my mind off it a bit.

Thursday night - this game is arguably bigger than Nancy @ FP.

We hold a slight advantage having scored an away goal although I believe they are more than capable of scoring on our patch.

Progression almost certainly ensures a glamour tie and it has been suggested may provide funds for much needed additional faces.

I cannae wait!!

No gonna take a guess at the crowd but lets make sure the place is bouncing regardless.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is almost certain that BROWN will start the same team as started last Thursday, with HUMPHREY being left on the bench again( :evilgrin: ) as he played in the Micky Mouse (BATHGATE) friendly. This is without doubt the tie of a lifetime for Motherwell, lets show what Scotland has to offer out of the big smoke. Murphy will be buzzing after being included in the U21 setup, and i just have this feeling that it will be a great night, maybe the ultimate BAHB (BE A HUMPHREY BELIEVER) me...will see HUMPHREY given some time on the park to use the space behind a team desperate to grab an away goal, HUMPHREY will need a good 45minutes to provide what i believe to be his MOMENT.

Just back from the park getting my tickets. There was a camera crew from Norway there. They had a full size picture of that 6'8" forward they have. Bloody big. Had my son holding an Aalesund scarf and taking some photos also interviewing fans for Norwegian TV. They were asking a few questions about the team, How many goals do you think Jamie Murphy will score in Europe this season, they were told at least another two against your mob :D . Also asked how they thought Motherwell could handle things if it got a bit physical and how we thought Aalesund would fare in the game, well, I will leave you to figure out the responses as the guys made a sharpish exit towards the entrance to the POD, fans were in good spirits :thumbup:

My guess 6500+, already been 5000 sold!! :thumbup:

I would say that is pretty much spot on.

We got 5900 for Breidablik and this is a MUCH MORE IMPORTANT game - so hopefully that will add another 1000+ onto that total. I would love 7000+ but I will go for 6721, which should see all 3 Well stands quite full, minus of course the wee plastic seats in the POD stand that UEFA deem unsafe :D

Whilst the crowd is important - the noise we make is even more important. Let's get behind the boys for 90+ minutes.

I had a dream about it last night.We went 1-0 up and there was a shoddy attendance. I woke up so I don't know what it finished. Neil Ruddock was playing for us though and my trousers kept falling off, read into that what you will.

We won!

I am anticipating a very tense 90 minutes on Thursday, with the tie being decided by the odd goal. Knowing us we'll be hanging on near the end, defending corners etc and giving us all heart attacks!!

I'd love us to make a fast start and bang in a goal or two to put pressure on Aalesunds to attack us, leaving themselves exposed to the counter. However, as we don't need to score I'm expecting a cautious possession game from us. They don't need to be gung-ho either, so it could be a bit cat-and-mouse for the first hour.

Team-wise I'd start Humphrey ahead of Forbes to give us extra pace going forward.

I hope we win, I think we'll win. We NEED to win from a financial point of view, as progression will earn us cash to make signings. Not only that, but a potential glamour draw awaits, so we simply MUST NOT screw this up.

1-0 Motherwell on the night, Sutton with the goal. Sighs of relief all round!!

we simply MUST NOT screw this up.

Exactly!! So you know just what's going to happen then eh?

I'm really looking forward to it, but getting more nervous about it the more I think about it.

As for the score....who knows, but I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

Exactly!! So you know just what's going to happen then eh?

I'm really looking forward to it, but getting more nervous about it the more I think about it.

As for the score....who knows, but I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

Feel the exact same mate, fuck no's how I'll be feeling on Thursday!