Away Fans On Thursday Night

Just hitched a lift over with the Alesund fans on one of their planes and a great bunch they are; very knowledgeable about the 'well and Motherwell in general. They want to enjoy their first european experience and are keen to meet 'real' MFC fans before the game and mix with them etc for the craic. I suggested Jack Daniels where I know some of them intend going to.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hitched a lift over with the Alesund fans on one of their planes and a great bunch they are; very knowledgeable about the 'well and Motherwell in general. They want to enjoy their first european experience and are keen to meet 'real' MFC fans before the game and mix with them etc for the craic. I suggested Jack Daniels where I know some of them intend going to.
meeting two alesund fans tonight and 100% they will be blitzed [buckie,20/20,single malts the works] B-)

My sister has just taken delivery of a pile of Norwegians at the Premier Inn she works at (Orion Way on London Road).

Early reports suggest they're a friendly bunch, quite funny, about to hit the town and one told her 'Well fans only know one song! B-)

My sister has just taken delivery of a pile of Norwegians at the Premier Inn she works at (Orion Way on London Road).

Early reports suggest they're a friendly bunch, quite funny, about to hit the town and one told her 'Well fans only know one song! :lol:

"There's only one Casagolda"? B-)

i don't know about that, our away support was quite impressive by our usual standards last year.

the only games we dipped under around 400 odd were the 2nd and 3rd games at parkhead, the 2nd game at pittodrie (when it was snowing) and the monday night ICT cup game. there were a lot of good turnouts away from home last season.

i don't know about that, our away support was quite impressive by our usual standards last year.

the only games we dipped under around 400 odd were the 2nd and 3rd games at parkhead, the 2nd game at pittodrie (when it was snowing) and the monday night ICT cup game. there were a lot of good turnouts away from home last season.

Arse!

what games then? we had a good support at all the games at tynecaslte, hamilton, perth and dundee. quite a big crowd at killie, 800 or so on the saturday then 1500 on the wednesday at paisley. both games at ibrox were fairly well attended and the nothing each game at parkhead was the biggest crowd we've took there in years. the paedo game also got a good turn out.

the games at falkirk and easter road might have been a wee bit lower than 400 but overall last season was probably our best for away supports for a good while.

If anyone from Norway has time i would advise them to visit the Heritage Centre in High Road quite near Motherwell train station there you will see about the towns industrial past (perhaps a wee bit about the team too) one thing you will see if you visit the heritage centre of which i am proud this area elected Britains first Communist mp to Wesminster.

Hope you enjoy your visit whatever the result.

Noticed that, fair mobbed and getting busier. Long as they have a torrid, nightmare 90 minutes ahead, then I'm quite happy to see them having a good time!