Odense Game On The Noo

ForthThistle

Yeah true but past history not a lot. Aberdeen put 4 past FCK when they last met, and Aberdeen were no great shakes then. I would say OB have a better pedigree in Europe than us (hence why you are seeded and we're not) but in football anything can happen.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my point is that what u saw tonight is an honest display of the level in danish football. Maybe enuff against u, maybe not. But what u saw tonight, is what u get come thursday...

TBH I don't agree. I think because FCK and OB are the two best sides in Denmark the game is more cagey and less of a true reflection of the quality because it is usually those games that where if you lose it is worse for you. I find, a team that is maybe just one inch below you in quality will be a true reflection on what you can do.

Who do you play this coming weekend?

But in football anything to happen, we beat Aberdeen 3-0, they followed this up a couple of days later beating FCK 4-0...

Who hasn't beat Real Madrid? :D and we beat Man U last season :thumbup:

He he, I'm talking competitive games. When we turned around the 3-2 defeat in Odense in Madrid with our 2-0 victory we entered the quarter final in europe. But as someone commented. History is only good memories and it's tomo that counts (or in this case the upcoming thursday)

He he, how did the tie breaker end??

Seriously, don't go mistaking the danish teams for saps. In the latter years, danish teams have seen off teams like Ajax Amsterdam (twice), Hertha Berlin, Man U (group stage, man Scum went thru anyways), Liverpool, Real Madrid and others...

Lets not forget Aberdeen putting 4 past FC Copenhagen a few years ago...

I'm sure Rangers and Celtic(Celtic obviously getting pumped away) have beaten them as well in recent-ish CL Groups.

I'm sure Rangers and Celtic(Celtic obviously getting pumped away) have beaten them as well in recent-ish CL Groups.

I know Rangers were lucky with a 2-1 win in Copenhagen a few years back after having drawn in Glasgow. Not sure if Celtic met them... I swear a little pee came out when I laughed my guts out whatching FCK getting their arses kicked in Aberdeen! :thumbup:)

But again, this is football and anything can happen. My best guess is, that our 2 clubs are evenly matched

TBH I don't agree. I think because FCK and OB are the two best sides in Denmark the game is more cagey and less of a true reflection of the quality because it is usually those games that where if you lose it is worse for you. I find, a team that is maybe just one inch below you in quality will be a true reflection on what you can do.

Who do you play this coming weekend?

But in football anything to happen, we beat Aberdeen 3-0, they followed this up a couple of days later beating FCK 4-0...

We are playing a presumed bottom of the league team next time. SønderjyskE. Yep thats actually a danish leter: Ø... ;o)

I watched the last 15 mins of the game today fc copenhagen were pushing for the eventual winner and got it. up to that point od had all hands to the pump and defended in great numbers and showed a lot of team spirit.

I agree that the two clubs are very evenly matched, the ace up our sleeve is our manager his tactics haven't failed to impress me over this european campaign.

I'll admit i was pretty nervous the 2nd half against aalesunds but it turned out his tactics were spot on!!!

I'm looking forward to a great game and motherwell has already done us so proud so far we never expected to get this far with such a thin squad.

I hope we don't get any new players in before this game as bedding in new players is not what we need keep the old heads and experience to hopefully get us through to the group stages.

:thumbup:

I'll never forget Mark McGhees Punditry from that game where he said "motherwell beat Aberdeen 3-0, so do the maths, We could beat Kopenhagen 7-0" :thumbup:

I watched the last 15 mins of the game today fc copenhagen were pushing for the eventual winner and got it. up to that point od had all hands to the pump and defended in great numbers and showed a lot of team spirit.

I agree that the two clubs are very evenly matched, the ace up our sleeve is our manager his tactics haven't failed to impress me over this european campaign.

I'll admit i was pretty nervous the 2nd half against aalesunds but it turned out his tactics were spot on!!!

I'm looking forward to a great game and motherwell has already done us so proud so far we never expected to get this far with such a thin squad.

I hope we don't get any new players in before this game as bedding in new players is not what we need keep the old heads and experience to hopefully get us through to the group stages.

:thumbup:

Reading this post makes me think. We've probably got the best and most varied squad in modern danish football time and we've failed big time in our first 5 competitive matches this season. Maybe it's not an advantage having "upset stars" on the bench as we seem to have. Most of our bench would be natural starters in other danish clubs....

Maybe a thinned out squad who knows each other inside out is the way to go!? However 2/3s into the season where the injuries start coming it'll even itself out me thinks....

But no matter what. U guys are so lucky u get us right now. We're a shaky squad right now!

Right back when we where playing Bredablik I singled you guys out as the weakest seeded team that would be in the play offs :O so yes we have been very lucky in that we have the been drawn against the worst best team in the competition :L Hopefully we can sneak past you, our manager has been very very successful tactically and the players are basically a group who know each other well and have very good morale currently! The hibs game will be a big test for us, and could effect how we play against you! But we really honestly don't have/couldn't have had a better chance of progression! and if we do.. Motherwell will I hope build on it! and perhaps next time around we will be the seeded team :D

Reading this post makes me think. We've probably got the best and most varied squad in modern danish football time and we've failed big time in our first 5 competitive matches this season. Maybe it's not an advantage having "upset stars" on the bench as we seem to have. Most of our bench would be natural starters in other danish clubs....

Maybe a thinned out squad who knows each other inside out is the way to go!? However 2/3s into the season where the injuries start coming it'll even itself out me thinks....

But no matter what. U guys are so lucky u get us right now. We're a shaky squad right now!

I hope we pump the life out of you.... Danish Football is wank.

Good Night.

Right back when we where playing Bredablik I singled you guys out as the weakest seeded team that would be in the play offs :O so yes we have been very lucky in that we have the been drawn against the worst best team in the competition :L Hopefully we can sneak past you, our manager has been very very successful tactically and the players are basically a group who know each other well and have very good morale currently! The hibs game will be a big test for us, and could effect how we play against you! But we really honestly don't have/couldn't have had a better chance of progression! and if we do.. Motherwell will I hope build on it! and perhaps next time around we will be the seeded team :D

He he, we cheered YEAH when u popped out of the bowl as well. So maybe we're the weekest of the ties...? No, don't think so, but since we're all happy 'bout the draw, maybe we just wait and see and have a ball over the two ties!?

I just booked my flight to Glasgow. Is it by train I come to Motherwell from there? I'm not sure how many of us that are coming, but I wanted to make sure about my own journey....! From ur posts I see that prices can go up very quickly... :D)

He he, we cheered YEAH when u popped out of the bowl as well. So maybe we're the weekest of the ties...? No, don't think so, but since we're all happy 'bout the draw, maybe we just wait and see and have a ball over the two ties!?

I just booked my flight to Glasgow. Is it by train I come to Motherwell from there? I'm not sure how many of us that are coming, but I wanted to make sure about my own journey....! From ur posts I see that prices can go up very quickly... :O)

You can get a train from Glasgow central to Motherwell about once every 30 minutes. You probably actually want to get a train that goes through Airbles station which is in Motherwell but a good bit closer to the stadium and right next to the "Electric Bar" where the Aalesunds supporters seemed to have a good time. Another popular pub is Jack Daniels which is just up the hill from Airbles station on the left hand side. There wont be any need to book train tickets in advance, you can purchase them in the station or even on the train itself.

we cheered YEAH

So did Aafk :O their first reaction was like... "light opposition" or something the guy said :D

And they also gave it... oh.. this guy and this guy, this guy and this one all have so many caps for their country.. and this guy? this guy is wanted by Man U :D

Well done to aafk though winning 2-0 today! :D

I hope we pump the life out of you.... Danish Football is wank.

Good Night.

I usually do this, that is go in and check the opposing side's forum. I've been in here for 2-3 days trying to help u with qs about travelling, accomodation and stuff. And that's the first bad comment I've had all along. That's actually quite good. :O)

If u'll allow me a short commment: Mate, this is just a football match. Pumping someone's life out is something completely different. I done that for a living in the danish army and believe me. I've served with far better british guys than u!

I usually do this, that is go in and check the opposing side's forum. I've been in here for 2-3 days trying to help u with qs about travelling, accomodation and stuff. And that's the first bad comment I've had all along. That's actually quite good. :O )

If u'll allow me a short commment: Mate, this is just a football match. Pumping someone's life out is something completely different. I done that for a living in the danish army and believe me. I've served with far better british guys than u!

I think I can speak for the vast majority when saying you will be made to feel very welcome regardless of the outcome of the match. We are a friendly bunch, please don't think comments like that are typical.