Spl Table

Jimmo

1 Rangers - I can see rangers winning the league again with comfort. Celtic have signed a lot of new players from the unknown. Rangers have lost boyd but beattie should replace most of them and unless rangers suffer a major injury crisis their first team is still head and shoulders above everyone else in the league.

2 Celtic - Signed the unknown and with an inexperienced manager this could all go very very pear shaped again.Expensive season.

3.Dundee United - Still stronger than anyone else and will quite easily finish third.

12. Kilmarnock - Poor....

The rest of the league is very much a lottery with anyone breaking into the top six. I doubt there will be many points seperating 4th and 9th but i fancy Motherwell to do well and hopefully clinch forth place. There are some exciting young players at the club with obvious ability but more importantly the two men at the helm have been there and seen it all far to many times to lose many games.

1. Motherwell along with Europa league, Scottish Cup and beaten CIS cup finalist (casagolda was injured for the game)

1. Celtic They have bought the title this year, with rangers in CL they should walk it.

2. Rangers They will struggle to keep up esp with CL. If injuries hit they won't finish 2nd

3. Hibs Great attacking options dodgy manager. should have enough goals in them

4. Motherwell Solid team, manager that knows how to win. If we get into Euro groups we won't be in top 6.

5. Dundee Utd curse of 3th place and houston will be found out as an assitant not a manager.

6. St Johnstone fancy them to have a good season if they can keep their manager.

------------------

7. Hearts Romanov will get involved and Jefferies will be out the door. somehow

8. Inverness Butcher will make them tough to beat and ritchie is gonna get you.

9. Aberdeen Piss poor team, only got worse. esp if Hartley doesn't deliver

10. Hamilton Lost their best players and going to struggle

11. Kilmarnock bad team, bad manager, going to be a country mile behind hamilton

12. St Mirren Buy 2nd division players you know where your heading.

1. Rangers

2. Celtic - To be honest could go either way for top 2, reckon both of them will edge clear of pack but by less than usual.

3. Dundee Utd - Not overly impressive but kept squad together and will grind out results.

4. Motherwell - Feeling optimisitc, and least we bolstered the striking options.

5. Hearts - Will challenge but always likely to implode and if Kyle replicates last seasons form will still struggle for goals.

6. Hibs - Striking talent keeping them away from bottom but inept manager and attitude problems from best players holds them back.

7. ICT

8. St. Johnstone

9. Accies

10. Aberdeen

11. Killie

12. St. Mirren

1. Rangers ------ Beattie (an inspired signing) and Miller up front could be lethal. They'll win the league quite comfortably.

2. Celtic --------- Will concede shedloads of goals and be "in crisis" all through the season, yet still finish comfortably clear of...

3. Dundee Utd -- I'm amazed they've been able to hold on to the majority of last season's squad.

4. Hearts -------- I don't rate Jim Jeffries in the slightest, but I do think he's acquired a decent squad.

5. Hibernian ---- Hughes will be sacked/quit. Stokes and Riordon will fire them back up the table.

6. Inverness ---- Teams newly promoted usually do well.

7. Aberdeen ---- No matter how dire they play, they will somehow earn points.

8. Motherwell --- I genuinely think our squad is one of the best of the "other 10", but Europe will take its toll.

9. St Johnstone - They'll be in the top half of the table at the start, but McInnes will leave for England and they'll go into freefall.

10. Kilmarnock - Only tenth because the following two teams are worse...

11. St Mirren --- They will continue to exist as an entity, frustrating me throughout the season.

12. Hamilton ---- Just because.

1. Rangers ------ Beattie (an inspired signing) and Miller up front could be lethal. They'll win the league quite comfortably.

2. Celtic --------- Will concede shedloads of goals and be "in crisis" all through the season, yet still finish comfortably clear of...

3. Dundee Utd -- I'm amazed they've been able to hold on to the majority of last season's squad.

4. Hearts -------- I don't rate Jim Jeffries in the slightest, but I do think he's acquired a decent squad.

5. Hibernian ---- Hughes will be sacked/quit. Stokes and Riordon will fire them back up the table.

6. Inverness ---- Teams newly promoted usually do well.

7. Aberdeen ---- No matter how dire they play, they will somehow earn points.

8. Motherwell --- I genuinely think our squad is one of the best of the "other 10", but Europe will take its toll.

9. St Johnstone - They'll be in the top half of the table at the start, but McInnes will leave for England and they'll go into freefall.

10. Kilmarnock - Only tenth because the following two teams are worse...

11. St Mirren --- They will continue to exist as an entity, frustrating me throughout the season.

12. Hamilton ---- Just because.

Best reasons so far!!!! :wallbash:

Rangers

Celtic

Hearts

Dundee United

Motherwell

Hibs

Inverness

Aberdeen

Hamilton

St Johnstone

Kilmarnock

St Mirren

I think the signings that Lennon has made will make it a tighter season at the top but I think the signing of James Beattie for Rangers may have just dented their confidence a wee bit. That will tip it in their favour for me.

I think it will be a very tight top 6 this season but Hearts and United will more than likely fight for third spot.

If we finish in the top half it will be a major bonus again. Solid season 5th place.

I think Inverness will come up and have a strong season this year, no mugs as we seen last year.

Aberdeen will be shite again.

Surely Kilmarnock or St Mirren are going to go down this year :P

1st: Celtic (Have signed some good quality players, noteably Kayal, Juarez and the Swedish defender and with the strength in depth they have I think will be too strong for Rangers and the SPL. They might not walk it, as their goalkeeper and defence is a bit suspect but if I was a betting man my money would be on them for the title)

2nd: Rangers (Were somewhat lucky to win it last season and given that they've lost Boyd & Thomson and have a smaller squad than we do I can't see them winning the league this year. They have however made some shrewd captures in Weiss, Beattie and Jelavic but their midfield is threadbare so that could come back to haunt them. They will still comfortably finish second though and all these predictions of them finishing third or fourth are just plain fantasy I'm afraid.

3rd: Aberdeen (They have a good manager in Mark McGhee, whatever you say about him and he's made some good signings over the summer and the early signs are that he's starting to get it right up there. Best of the rest for me.

4th: Hearts (Like Aberdeen, will be a much tougher proposition than last season. Kevin Kyle will be a trememdous signing for them

5th: Dundee Utd (Weill have a good season again but won't reach the heights of last season)

6th: Inverness (Will be this season's surprise package as Terry Butcher's team 'punch above their weight' again.

7th: Hibernian (Will look decent for a comfortable top six finish for long spells in the season but in true Hibs fashion will hit a major slump mid season and will end up in the bottom half. The fact that their manager is a complete banger won't help them either.

8th: Kilmarnock (Will do better than last season)

And now we get to the serious stuff...

9th: Motherwell/St.Johnstone/Hamilton/St.Mirren

10th: Motherwell/St.Johnstone/Hamilton/St.Mirren

11th: Motherwell/St.Johnstone/Hamilton/St.Mirren

12th: Motherwell/St.Johnstone/Hamilton/St.Mirren

In our case, I think our squad is a bit on the small side and I'm afraid I can see us struggling this season, especially if we get in the Group Stages of the Europa League. I think we can forget about a top six finish this season and our main concern will be with matters near the bottom half of the table. I have major concerns over our defence and strikeforce from what I have seen so far but as always I stand to be corrected.

As for the other three, Accies have had a disastrous start to the campaign and even at this stage look like relegation candidates. I don't think St.Johnstone have much about them either and St.Mirren have signed half the Cowdenbeath team so expect them to be there or thereabouts as far as the drop goes.

So who will take the fall come the end of the season? I couldn't possibly say, but I think we might have an involvement in that particular battle...

9th: Motherwell/St.Johnstone/Hamilton/St.Mirren

10th: Motherwell/St.Johnstone/Hamilton/St.Mirren

11th: Motherwell/St.Johnstone/Hamilton/St.Mirren

12th: Motherwell/St.Johnstone/Hamilton/St.Mirren

So who will take the fall come the end of the season? I couldn't possibly say, but I think we might have an involvement in that particular battle...

I doubt it. Relegation fodder don't go away from home and get all 3 points in the middle of a Euro tie.

I think you made some good points MJC but firstly the one about us finishing in the bottom four is ridiculous. For the size of squad we have we have plenty of quality in it. We went to Kilmarnock without our preferred forward pairing and without arguably our best defender and midfielder and won. Not alot of teams will do that this season against any team.

Then I do agree with the majority of what you say about Rangers and Celtic but I feel that Celtic have added too much faces and may have over-compensated just to appease their fans. I think the three signings Rangers have made are cracking and I think that edges them ahead of Celtic in the title race.

And I dont think for a second Aberdeen will be anywhere near third this season, just dont think they have alot of quality in their side, I'd fancy us to take a fair share of the points against them this season.

They are all creaming themselves in aberdeen as they've taken 6 points from 2 games and scored 5 goals do they forget 4 of them were penalties and they were playing hamilton and st johnstone!!!!!

Hamilton always clear the decks at the end of the season and as such it takes them half a season to get going.

And with st johnstone they nicked a fluky goal with a sclaffed effort 4 mins from time!!!

Dundee united have went completely off the rails what a result for ict!!! today.

My predictions

1st rangers

2nd celtic

3rd hibs

4th hearts

5th motherwell

6th aberdeen

7th dundee utd

8th ict

9th st johnstone

10 st mirren

11 kilmarnock

12 hamilton

Here are the reasons

1st rangers good squad been strengthened and they can't lose in walts last season

2nd inexperienced manager but this will be there undoing

3rd best strikeforce outside the old firm if they sort there defence 3rd is theirs

4th jim jefferies has bought well and they have a squad with potential

5th i can't see us improving than last year but neither doing any worse

6th good manager bought well and got rid of the prima donnas it will be a good season

7th they are going to lose conway and goodwillie and they have already gave sandaza, cadamarteri and myrie williams freedom to leave and they haven't replaced webster, they are very much rebuilding because of that no top six for me.

8th like butcher and he instills good self belief with rooney and foran ther is goals in that team

9th will be a hard season they draw more games than lose as they are difficult to break down but can't see them scoring enough to break into the top 6

10th lennons maiden season bought from lower scottish leagues it will take them a while to adjust also lost dorman and mehmet the main danger men

11th made some good loan signings still no goal scorer they have the knack of beatin ghte drop every year this year will be no different

12th we are the pride of lanarkshire billy reid was daft not to go to swansea i have no idea what his " unfinished business" was but i bet he's regretting it now, i think the league as a whole will be more competitive and his gamble of clearing the decks and starting again each season is going to backfire for all the money made from transfer fee's the side has little quality and a decent goally isn't enough

my 2 cents probably all wrong but there u go

Celtic

Rangers

Motherwell

Hibs

Hearts

Dundee United

Aberdeen

StJohnstone

ICT

Kilmarnock

StMirren

Hamilton

OF are so predictable but this is the season I can see them being overtaken by Any of the top six. Don't see ICT being relegated again as they will be hungry to stay up. Hamilton if they keep up their performances of the last two games, I think will be relegation material.

I think Motherwell can do well this season, and I will be happy with top six, preferably 3rd or 4th.

Gettin used to this European stuff, would love to make it 4 in a row. Who wants preseason friendlies when u can have euro qualifying rounds instead. Hope we can somehow sneak the last qualifying spot again, maybe by someone above us winnin the cup. As for the rest, think hearts and aberdeen will improve this season, hibs and united may not fair so well. St johnstone made a lot of signings too so could do pretty well as they have a useful manager.

Killie mirren or Hamilton for the drop. We could have problems if are hurt by injuries etc.