Europa Group Qualification

LadywellToi

There has been some talk on here with respect to the club not really adding value for some of the die hard support.

I know it maybe a little early seeing as we have 3 hours to get a result against OB ahead of us however I have a suggestion as to how the club could offer at least something back to the fans who have dug deep to support Motherwell on our travels thus far this season.

If we qualify, we get 3 home games, the club may pursue a 3 ticket Euro package similar to what Rangers and Celtic have offered in the past with the Champions League. If they do or just continue the way we've been going so far then why not offer 1 game free to anyone who has travelled to Iceland/Norway/Denmark.

It may only be a small gesture for what .... around 500 people in total (and cost £10,000 in potential revenue). I know we have tight budgets and this sort of money is a big thing especially when you know its a guaranteed £10,000 on match day.

It pails into insignificance when you compare a £20 ticket with £400+ to get to some of the previous games (and some have went to more than one).

The benefit is the club have a record due to UEFA regulations of every supporter who has travelled and to administer it would be relatively simple. As for a PR coup it could go down well with many on here.

I'm afraid I haven't been able to get to any of the away games thus far and it wouldn't affect me however my £60 for 3 games or so is guaranteed if we progress.

Just a thought that I hope is at least given consideration if the footballing gods smile on us in the next 8 days.

Hmmm...not sure about the free tickets to the travellers...doesn't sit right. I really can't think why tho, but I am thinking that those who have travelled to the away games (me included) are the ones who can afford to buy a home ticket and its the less fortunate fans who have to stay at home that should be rewarded. I know its wrong to assume that if you have travelled then you have money, but its a natural assumption I am afraid....

I know this may not be a popular reply but its how I feel...

Anyway, 2 hours to go and I am out of here and on a train to Odense.....

Aye much as the club will be grateful for the support - the travellers have gone because they've had the spare money and following motherwell is what they want to do with their money. It's their wee treat / holiday for themselves. they haven't gone to volunteer in a disaster zone or defend the country in combat.

i've travelled in the past as well - but didn't feel on my return that I deserved a march past and a victoria cross

i've travelled in the past as well - but didn't feel on my return that I deserved a march past and a victoria cross

You're not getting one, just a £20 ticket. Based on that logic you'd get handed a week in the Algarve for buying petrol.

how would you prove if you have been to one of the away games?"

If you go abroad UEFA rules state you have to give you passport details when buying your ticket. Therefore the club would have them for each game no doubt filed away.

Look, I know its a bit early but I had an idea and if nothing else on the discussion board its created a debate.

Why would the club feel the need to give travelling fans anything? They have already qualified for Europe to give them the opportunity to visit Iceland/Norway/Denmark... to me that seems like more than enough.

If you want to see a game at Fir Park you know the price in advance and you pay it or you don't, the exact same as travelling to a European game so I fail to see how people should be 'rewarded' for taking a trip they fancied to watch football and get bevvied. As for the supposed PR coup, what does the club really gain from it? A few hundred well fans get free tickets to games they'd be at anyway and the Motherwell Times gives them a pat on the back? Hardly worth the £10k figure you're putting on it.

There has been some talk on here with respect to the club not really adding value for some of the die hard support.

I know it maybe a little early seeing as we have 3 hours to get a result against OB ahead of us however I have a suggestion as to how the club could offer at least something back to the fans who have dug deep to support Motherwell on our travels thus far this season.

If we qualify, we get 3 home games, the club may pursue a 3 ticket Euro package similar to what Rangers and Celtic have offered in the past with the Champions League. If they do or just continue the way we've been going so far then why not offer 1 game free to anyone who has travelled to Iceland/Norway/Denmark.

It may only be a small gesture for what .... around 500 people in total (and cost £10,000 in potential revenue). I know we have tight budgets and this sort of money is a big thing especially when you know its a guaranteed £10,000 on match day.

It pails into insignificance when you compare a £20 ticket with £400+ to get to some of the previous games (and some have went to more than one).

The benefit is the club have a record due to UEFA regulations of every supporter who has travelled and to administer it would be relatively simple. As for a PR coup it could go down well with many on here.

I'm afraid I haven't been able to get to any of the away games thus far and it wouldn't affect me however my £60 for 3 games or so is guaranteed if we progress.

Just a thought that I hope is at least given consideration if the footballing gods smile on us in the next 8 days.

we would all love to be able to afford to go to the away legs.

The reason a lot of us cant is simply cos we cant afford to.

So you really want the club to reward the fans that are rich enough to get to the away legs? :(