Clyde Season Ticket Scheme - Anyone Seen This?

David

Now, before going any further i'd like to point out that Clyde charge £10 for adults and £5 for Senior Citizens, Students & Under-16s for every home game.

Their average attendance is as follows;

2009-2010: 633 (Division Two)

2008-2009: 1,237 (Division One)

2007-2008: 1,303 (Division One)

Right, this season they are offering season tickets for;

Adult £99

Concession £49

Under-18 £29

Under-16 £9

2010-11 Season Tickets include the following benefits:

•18 fully transferable vouchers that you can use as and when you wish during the Third Division campaign. If you miss a match, bring a friend to another!

•Guaranteed purchase of a ticket (if required) for every cup match

•Discounted admission to cup matches in exchange for a voucher

•£10 discount per person for up to four people on matchday hospitality

•Two 10% off vouchers for Club Shop merchandise (one per item)

In an exciting new scheme, every season ticket also entitles the holder to a range of discounts and offers at various outlets in Cumbernauld and beyond;

Adventure Planet

Bombay Dreams

Gala Bingo

KFC

Pro Bowl

Subway

Broadwood Farm

Pizza Hut

McDonald's

The Smiddy Inn

Arnold Clark

Stuart Paton Butcher & Dee's Rolls

Westerwood Hotel

Dovecote Beefeater

William Hill

The Weavers, Condorrat

Access NL Leisure

Blockbuster Entertainment

This has to be one of the most inovative ideas i've seen from a Scottish club in years.

I'm assuming that they can sell the tickets at this price because of the deals they have managed to broker with the local businesses?

Surely something like this should be possible for most clubs, including Motherwell?

Since implementing this plan at the start of the season;

Supporters are backing the Bully Wee for the 2010-11 campaign as the latest sales figures for season tickets show a rise of 25% compared to this time last year.

"This year's innovative season ticket, which includes discount vouchers and special offers in a variety of outlets, offers great value to supporters and we are delighted with the uptake," commented Clyde's Finance Director David Dishon. "The success has been due a team effort on and off the pitch.

"We have worked hard to raise awareness of this year's season ticket and undoubtedly the performances of the team have got our sales off to a flyer.

"The first two weekends of the SFL season have seen attendances at Clyde matches surpass most gates in the Second Division and even some games in the First Division. I think that demonstrates the renewed interest in the club despite two successive relegations and it has made for some great matchday atmospheres.

"Despite the league season being underway, the low prices of the season tickets this year still make it great value to buy - notwithstanding the special deals that they bring for all the family. I'm sure this is not the end of this success story."

As I stay in Cumbernauld,I seen this offer during the close season.

As I am not in a position to get a season ticket this season (2nd one in a row) it means I'll be paying in. So bearing in mind that with the 2 Euro ties so far I have spent £40 for the 3 of us (Myself and the 2 boys). Then there's next weeks game takes it to £70 and if I'd been at the Hibs game with the 2 boys I'd have spent over the price of an adult and 2 kids tickets and the season is only a couple of weeks old by the time the next leg comes around.

I know they are in the Third Division but that saving on our season ticket and the discounts from the various restaurants\fast food outlets it helps bring back the idea that the football is once again aimed at the paying punters and cheap enough to have a right good family\boys day out.

I hope that they attract a good crowd each week but it'll still be Fir Park for me as and when I can.

I'm assuming that the businesses involved would be paying the club for the promotion and the custom that such a deal would bring to them then?

I mean, the season book offers something at half price, for example. How many fans are going to consider going there because of that deal?