Real Radio Phone In

East_Stand_Al

well I'd guess the answer to your question is yes they just stopped calling in, when it became an old firm jizz fest

as has been said it used to be a great show, covering all things football, then Ewan cameron arrived, and the standards dropped, then they extended the show and the arse fell out of it.

now its no better than the gutter press, in the fact it always comes back to sticking the boot into scottish football, when the usual sensational headlines to get the seething old firm fans to phone in and fill the air time.

much the same as they opposition over on Clyde who have also extended the show time slot.

sure they occasionaly run a show 'getting everyone behind' a game be it Motherwell or Scotland or whoever else.

but it always comes back to the negatives to generate calls

I finish work at 6 when the show starts and I've got the best part of an hours drive, it was a delight when the real radio phone in started giving an alternative to the Clyde show, but now I struggle to listen to more than ten minutes of either show before switching them off

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite all of that, i'm sticking with my original viewpoint;

If Motherwell were stupid enough to tell Real Radio to piss off (and I doubt they will be) it really would be rather sad.

I'm guessing the club will make a little money from it, and it'll probably mean some free advertising for any tickets that remain for the game.

Good stuff.

sure they occasionaly run a show 'getting everyone behind' a game be it Motherwell or Scotland or whoever else

but it always comes back to the negatives to generate calls

that's just human nature. this board is far busier after a defeat or a bad run than after a run of the mill victory.

it's an entertainment show, ewan and roughy play good cop/bad cop and try to wind folk up, you get the exact same thing on talksport. i quite enjoy it sometimes, especially when there is a bit of controversy on the go. nobody is forced to listen to it.

how many punters did they turn away from attending Fir Park with all the negative stories over the years

you live in a strange world.

nae season ticket renewal letter. guess i'm not going to get one this year.

ewan cameron slates motherwell on the radio. motherwell fan chucks going to fir park. 8)

aye thats it , you know me really well, spot on,

but on the subject I was referring to, real radio phone in at Fir Park David suggests is good publicity promoting the game selling more tickets,

weeks, no months of continual negative press saying motherwell should get deducted points, no one should go and watch football on that park etc etc

would that not have turned people off?

fair enough then

Seriously though, do you think that there is actually anyone who is thinking "I was going to go and see Motherwell play this weekend, but I remember that bloke from the Real Radio phone-in was saying negative things about them, so i'll give it a miss"?

aye thats it , you know me really well, spot on,

but on the subject I was referring to, real radio phone in at Fir Park David suggests is good publicity promoting the game selling more tickets,

weeks, no months of continual negative press saying motherwell should get deducted points, no one should go and watch football on that park etc etc

would that not have turned people off?

Are there really Motherwell fans listening to Real radio who don't know we are playing next week?

I think that there will have been a number of opposition fans who will select a couple of away games to attend and will be influenced by these shows, yes

and I'll bet a few floating fans will have thought fuk it nae point in going up and watching games on that pitch then

after all we're a stroppy lot that stop going to games if we dont even get a letter through the post

Are there really Motherwell fans listening to Real radio who don't know we are playing next week?

No, but there may be neutral fans who live in the area that may fancy heading along to the game.

My point is, having them hosting the show from Fir Park isn't to the detriment of the club at all, is it?

If they advertise the game and even one neutral punter is convinced to go along, then it's been beneficial to the club.

It's absolutely ridiculous to say that they should be told to take a walk just because their show isn't the most captivating and supposedly "anti Motherwell".

I always thought such nonsense was the premise of Celtic fans? :mellow:

Just don't think we should roll out the red carpet for a guy who has spent the last couple of seasons putting the boot in at every opportunity.As for your neutrals, if they are waiting till 6pm next thursday before deciding to go to the match then they might just miss the ko.

i'll just treat the Celtic comment with the contempt it deserves :mellow:

Normally im of the opinion all publicity is good. On this occasion however we shouldn't let that plonker NEAR Fir Park. His comments last season about us getting docked points were FECKIN OUTRAGEOUS!! :thumbup: . Tell him to sling his hook and his Old Firm- Edinburgh talk show as well. Stopped listening last season to his drivel. :thumbup:

Tell them to bolt, thay are almost as bad as clyde in the negatvity the bring down on the scottish game particularly the provincial clubs, and they have crucified MFC on many occasions

sure they will try and spin this gig out as being positive, but it'll bring us nothing

Naw the worst media for berrating the Scottish game is ESPN thanks to the spunk rag that is Craig Burley. 90 minutes of SPL with him co-commentating is boak-inducing - hasn't a good word to say about the SPL. If he doesn't like it he should fuck off and stop taking a wage from it.

Dick

And as it goes I am quite happy to recieve the exposure from Real Radio, we have had very little press during our Euro runs.

Naw the worst media for berrating the Scottish game is ESPN thanks to the spunk rag that is Craig Burley. 90 minutes of SPL with him co-commentating is boak-inducing - hasn't a good word to say about the SPL. If he doesn't like it he should fuck off and stop taking a wage from it.

Dick

And as it goes I am quite happy to recieve the exposure from Real Radio, we have had very little press during our Euro runs.

That is a good point. We can't moan that we are getting no press and then moan when we are going to get some.

I cant believe you guys are arguing\discussing\debating about this, (there is probably some contractual requirement to let them into the ground to do the show from the SPL) :thumbup:

the show is shit, cameron is a wanker and he would cause an argument in an empty house..end of!!!

they cater for the old firm supporters who have very limited or no intelligence, some of the occassions I have had the misfortine to be listening I wonder how they actually manage to work a phone

All facts that nobody can dispute, so lets move on :thumbup::thumbup:

To be fair our pitch has been a well known shambles for a while. You only have to watch highlights of a game on tv to see that, so someone bangin on about it on the radio ain't gonna change anyone's opinion. Rather the high scorin games there have been at fir park over the years are a better reason that would get ppl along. 6-6 was played on that pitch, that's a lot more likely to draw in neutral/away fans than some knobber on a radio show.