Season Tickets

carlukemurray

Even the big guns in England offer good value. It costs me £37 for myself and son to go to Man Utd and about £26 for the train down. Last season it cost me about the same to watch the Well at Tannadice.Better value down south by far.
But from a season ticket perspective, don't Man U make you buy tickets for all the diddy League Cup games and the like, even if you don't plan to attend?

OK. Had a bit of time to work it out.

From May 1991 to July 2010, given the average yearly rate (not calendar year, season year) of inflation, £7 roughly works out as £10.64.

from memory, I was paying about £1 for a pint in 91

so the £7 cup final ticket is the equivalent of 7 pints in the local boozer.....

...in todays money 7 pints is gonna cost you roughly £18 - £21 or thereabouts is it not ?

roughly what it would cost to get a ticket for the fitba .....or am I missing something ?

from memory, I was paying about £1 for a pint in 91

so the £7 cup final ticket is the equivalent of 7 pints in the local boozer.....

...in todays money 7 pints is gonna cost you roughly £18 - £21 or thereabouts is it not ?

roughly what it would cost to get a ticket for the fitba .....or am I missing something ?

Quite a few things

like the extra tax rises on alcohol over the years, making a pint more expensive in comparison to 91

and the fact that the comparison is against a cup final ticket in 91 which last year had to be cut in price back to £25

aye but maybe you cant afford the initial £200 outlay? Its a great deal if you can afford the season ticket but going on a one off or 4/5 games a season as a family treat is still gonna cost you £50+

Save up. Seriously, I do it cos I'll be damned if I'm going to pay top whack for 4 of us at those prices when I can get us all a season ticket and see 20 games for the price of 10 or 12. I can't afford to pay that out every home game so the summer outlay is well planned. Not like I don't know what's coming.

in your commited circumstances thats the thing to do

now back to those, that cannot benefit from seeing every home game on a season ticket

there is no way of seeing games for an acceptable value

Agreed, just need to try weigh up the benefits I'm afraid. My situation is obviously exclusive to my family, others may not be so lucky of course.

Save up. Seriously, I do it cos I'll be damned if I'm going to pay top whack for 4 of us at those prices when I can get us all a season ticket and see 20 games for the price of 10 or 12. I can't afford to pay that out every home game so the summer outlay is well planned. Not like I don't know what's coming.

true and maybe something we can benefit from next year if the plan is continued, the prob this year was that it was announced a bit late so even saving up it wouldve been hard for some. But we should be advertising this deal all season for NEXT year to give people the chance to realize how good a deal it is and save up, its even a good way for getting lost fans back, get into the community and let people know, if you have kids but maybe cant afford it anymore you can get you and your 2 kids into Fir Park for SPL games all season next year for £200

true and maybe something we can benefit from next year if the plan is continued, the prob this year was that it was announced a bit late so even saving up it wouldve been hard for some. But we should be advertising this deal all season for NEXT year to give people the chance to realize how good a deal it is and save up, its even a good way for getting lost fans back, get into the community and let people know, if you have kids but maybe cant afford it anymore you can get you and your 2 kids into Fir Park for SPL games all season next year for £200

And roll it out across the stands :whistling:

£300

• 1 month later...

I dont understand why a club would go down the decision of letting you pay whatever you want for a season ticket.

For this season i gave up my season ticket due to work and other reasons. But already i have managed to get to every game. I know i could pay and get my season ticket back but i dont have a problem paying £18 to get in and £15 for the cup games, Im more than happy to pay that to help Motherwell. I spend as much money as i can with programmes and visiting the shop etc to help motherwell get as much money as they can.

The reason i feel attendances are so low especially at fir park is due to how close we are to the Old Firm, like half the folk in Motherwell support the old firm and you cant compete with how close you are to them. Hamilton have such little support they never bothered to finish that stand!. I feel the reason our attendances drop is basically down to the fans who "can take it or leave it" they would rather sit in the house or in a pub and watch the English games or maybe go watch the old firm.

Not like you lot here! =) good loyal well fans!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure we all got a letter from Fir Park :thumbup: but in case anyone didn't, I'll paraphrase.

Half Season Tickets are now on sale and are valid for matches from 26th December (Rangers). Seats are available from £140 for adults, £45 for juveniles and £80 for concessions. Family tickets (one adult and up to two children) for the Cooper come in at £150. There is also an option to pay in installments over three months (November, 10th December and 11th January).