The Main Stand - You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself!

nethertonwellfan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people choose to support in different ways. I tend to sit in teh East for a better atmosphere however for the Breidablik and Odense games i choose to sit in the main due to the better view. Atmosphere isnt as rowdy as its older folk mainly and officials etc. But its just one of those things which comes down to personal choice.

I think the main point Netherton Well Fan was trying to make was EVERY Well fan had a duty to be more vocal and supportive than usual, given the magnitude of the match. On that point I agree with him.

Its not a case of "I'm a better fan than you" as far as I'm concerned, no-one has the right to claim that. However, if some Well fans were unable to raise their usual noise levels and have passion for a huge game like that, then perhaps sadly they never will.

Its just an opinion, and I stress that its no more or less valid than anyone else's.

I think the main point Netherton Well Fan was trying to make was EVERY Well fan had a duty to be more vocal and supportive than usual, given the magnitude of the match. On that point I agree with him.

Its not a case of "I'm a better fan than you" as far as I'm concerned, no-one has the right to claim that. However, if some Well fans were unable to raise their usual noise levels and have passion for a huge game like that, then perhaps sadly they never will.

Its just an opinion, and I stress that its no more or less valid than anyone else's.

That is exactly it Yir Elder. Although Finlay is probably right also, I was drunk when I started the post and it I didn't express myself in the way I would have if sober. What Yir Elder has written here is exactly what I should have said. And I make no apology for that.

TO MFC : I didn't choose to sit there, by the time I got my ticket for the game the east was sold out.

That is exactly it Yir Elder. Although Finlay is probably right also, I was drunk when I started the post and it I didn't express myself in the way I would have if sober. What Yir Elder has written here is exactly what I should have said. And I make no apology for that.

TO MFC : I didn't choose to sit there, by the time I got my ticket for the game the east was sold out.

Motherwell fans (and neutrals) did not have a 'duty' to do anything. They were paying customers, not conscripted squaddies.

The Main Stand as always been where the less vocal members of the crowd sit, wrap their tartan rugs round their knees and drink soup from their Thermos flasks. They pay their hard earned like anyone else, and if they want to spend the game nattering about Charlie Aitken, then that is their right.

Alienating any fans because they don't conform to a particular way of thinking is a shortsighted view for a club of our size to endorse.

Motherwell fans (and neutrals) did not have a 'duty' to do anything. They were paying customers, not conscripted squaddies.

The Main Stand as always been where the less vocal members of the crowd sit, wrap their tartan rugs round their knees and drink soup from their Thermos flasks. They pay their hard earned like anyone else, and if they want to spend the game nattering about Charlie Aitken, then that is their right.

Alienating any fans because they don't conform to a particular way of thinking is a shortsighted view for a club of our size to endorse.

I don't think any fan in the main stand will be alienated because I criticised them on a forum?

I am just a nobody with an opinion. I am being slaughtered for that opinion so obviously I am in a minority. So why would they stay away because a nobody who usually sits in the east stand thinks they were a bit quiet?

I still disagree with you though, I feel the fans did have a responsibilty to create an atmosphere on what could have been one of our greatest nights.

Completly agree with NWF.The contribution from the South and ''Main'' Stand was shocking last night.Even if you dont sign you can still encourge the team and give them confidnence.Would you be bursting with pride and confidence if your own fan was shouting abuse at you because you made 1 mistake?The Cooper was okay and the East was bouncing.Well done to all the lads in the East Stand for making it an enjoyible night even though we got beat.

Loved the Darren Randolph songs

I was sitting in the POD last night, I would be first to admit the atmosphere was flat. But then again so was the South, Cooper and East. Great crowd, crap atmosphere.

atmosphere was amazing mate, the Cooper was the best its been for years!! Are you deaf?

Why are people bringing money into the equation? Money should not matter when it comes to supporting YOUR team in an extremely big game for the club!

I wasn't there last night, but from what I heard, we played brilliantly but couldn't get passed Roy Carroll, Who was in top form. Regardless of what the minority in the Stadium did/didn't do, the team still had a good game but lost due to a good opposition goalkeeper.

Every other Team will have the exact same "problem" of fans not singing, in fact last week in Odense, it was only the fans directly opposite the 'Well end that were really singing! The ones to the left joined in with 5 minutes left to play at 2-0!

This thread is just Stirring trouble on the forums!

Why are people bringing money into the equation? Money should not matter when it comes to supporting YOUR team in an extremely big game for the club!

I'm very much in the "the atmosphere wasn't good enough" camp, but that line there is absolute nonsense.

Money shouldn't matter?! Not everyone lists Motherwell F.C. as high up in the financial priority list as others. Claiming money shouldn't matter when it comes to supporting the 'Well is an absolutely ridiculous statement.

atmosphere was amazing mate, the Cooper was the best its been for years!! Are you deaf?

No i'm not deaf. Like I said in my previous post the POD was dead so was the south and cooper, (at times it seemed the POD was jumping to!!!!! Thats if I believe what you are saying that is!) IT WAS AS FLAT AS A PANCAKE) Any real singing came from the East and it sounded like it came from one particular section, even at that it seemed quite flat which was a shame as most fans usually get a buzz from that and start joining in themselfs. End of the day people can chose to support there team the way they want.

Ive sat in the POD for years as my late father started taking me there, from day one I've always known thats where the older generation prefered to sit and it's very rare to get a bouncing atmosphere in there. Whereas the East is def the place to be if you want to join in with singing and such.

Does it make someone any less of a fans because they don't want to sing? NO! I will support the club the way i want to support my club, I will never berrate or boo them I will only cheer and applude them.

I wasn't there last night, but from what I heard, we played brilliantly but couldn't get passed Roy Carroll, Who was in top form. Regardless of what the minority in the Stadium did/didn't do, the team still had a good game but lost due to a good opposition goalkeeper.

Mate you heard wrong, Carroll wasn't in top form (I can't even think of one good save he made) it was more like our strikes luck was missing. On a good night they would have put 3 or 4 past him.

correction: he had one good save from Blackman.

A lot of the main stand fans inc myself came over from the East stand. Many reasons for that, older, wiser and a little wealthier perhaps. But that does NOT make us any less passionate about supporting Motherwell - quite the contrary.

The odd song does break out from the POD stand, but we tend to leave that to the youngsters in the East these days.

Anyway - have you ever tried singing a song whilst eating a prawn sandwich :wallbash:

Guys

I was in the POD last night. NEVER AGAIN........ the seats are shite and the ammount of pish that comes from so called football experts is astounding. Too many burds with "c'mon Mark baby, c'mon stevie honey. UTTER CRAP.

"Why the short corner, throw youself into a challenge 20 yards out." FUCK ME.......They know fuck all about football. I don't think any one of them has kicked a ball in their life's

Rant over.

East stand on Sunday THANK FUCK :wallbash:

Are you 14 years old? People have bills to pay, mouths to feed, i dont have any dependants and not paying a mortage, i work, but i still struggle to afford the football at times as other things have to take priority. Its only entertainment at the end of the day.

Completly agree with NWF.The contribution from the South and ''Main'' Stand was shocking last night.Even if you dont sign you can still encourge the team and give them confidnence.Would you be bursting with pride and confidence if your own fan was shouting abuse at you because you made 1 mistake?The Cooper was okay and the East was bouncing.Well done to all the lads in the East Stand for making it an enjoyible night even though we got beat.

Loved the Darren Randolph songs

The Cooper was more bouncing than the East :wallbash: You East fans want to get your act together

Guys

"Why the short corner, throw youself into a challenge 20 yards out." FUCK ME.......They know fuck all about football. I don't think any one of them has kicked a ball in their life's

THANK FUCK :wallbash:

Because everything that comes from the East stand is a pearl of wisdom and all get behind the team and never criticise the players at all...........

There are more Business suits and Corp hospitality in the main stand - not rocket science that the atmosphere, sweary words and supposed support is toned down a little.

If you came over to the POD expecting a Turkish style fanatacism.........deary me.

A lot of the main stand fans inc myself came over from the East stand. Many reasons for that, older, wiser and a little wealthier perhaps. But that does NOT make us any less passionate about supporting Motherwell - quite the contrary.

The odd song does break out from the POD stand, but we tend to leave that to the youngsters in the East these days.

Anyway - have you ever tried singing a song whilst eating a prawn sandwich :wallbash:

that's how i got over tae the pod, used to sit in the east but moved round to leven street so easier just going to this side.

oh and there's no way folk in the pod are any more negative than the rest, any time somebody has a slack pass you get 'that's fucking shyte' or something similar being shouted from anywhere and imo if we are playing poorly then the fans have every right to let the players know about it.folk pay to get in and the least we can expect is the team to perform at a reasonable standard.nothing to do with last night as i thought we tried our best and played ok but just at games in general.