Where The Fuck Was Craigan When It All Kicked Off

Welldel

I waited until this morning to post, because I would probably have gone to far. However when it all kicked off at the penalty and the referee was dealing with the sending off, 4 of their players were camped on the penalty spot preventing the penalty from being taken and intimidating Murphy. Craigan was basically sitting in our half of the park miles away from the incident.

He should have been in the penalty area protecting Murphy and telling their players to get to fuck. When it all kicks off likethat, how a team reacts speaks volumes for the team spirit and attitude. Basically if the other team want a square go you give them on as a Team. They intimidated Murphy into missing the penalty and his team mates, especially his Captain let them.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They intimidated Murphy into missing the penalty and his team mates, especially his Captain let them.

If there was any bullying it didn’t seem to have much effect on Murphy as he actually hit the penalty quite well. A few millimetres the other way and it was a goal as Roy Carrol had no chance.

is it blame game time?

The Odense players were crowding round the ref and jamie was away from them with the ball.

their keeper went to see the square go between craig and their "sporting director".

It stopped the game for about 3-4 minutes but i didnt see them trying to have a square go with jamie. Tom hately and a couple of others were trying to calm them down but it was far better for our players to stay out of it.

Pity jamie missed the pen cos he really deserved a goal last night for all his hard work

If there was any bullying it didn't seem to have much effect on Murphy as he actually hit the penalty quite well. A few millimetres the other way and it was a goal as Roy Carrol had no chance.

No he didn't!

There are two types of penalty:

1. A good one results in a goal.

2. A bad one results in a miss.

Jamie Murphy's was the latter

No blame game mate. Everyone of the players played their part in a match that should and could have had a very different ending.

I was very dissapointed at the penalty when Murphy was trying to put the ball on the spot and 4 of their players were allowed to stand on spot, preventing him doing so. Our Captian should have been in there at the heart of it, standing up for his players not sitting alone at the other end of the pitch.

If my memory serves Craigan was taking part in the spat at the dugouts. It was all kicking off in various places at the one time and as already pointed out, did it really make a difference to Murphy? The main thing for me was the delay in the penalty being taken, and in all fairness Craigan could have sat on Murphy's shoulders telling them all to beat it, and it wouldn't have mind a blind bit of difference to the delay in proceedings.

No blame game mate. Everyone of the players played their part in a match that should and could have had a very different ending.

I was very dissapointed at the penalty when Murphy was trying to put the ball on the spot and 4 of their players were allowed to stand on spot, preventing him doing so. Our Captian should have been in there at the heart of it, standing up for his players not sitting alone at the other end of the pitch.

since roy carroll had legged it to the half line the pen wasn't going to get taken until he got back anyway. blatant gamesmanship but we did it in nancy.

if muprhy is going to be the taker it's down to him make sure he's prepared to hit it. there's no point blaming craigan or anyone else. he obviously just tried to do to much with it, live and learn.

No he didn't!

There are two types of penalty:

1. A good one results in a goal.

2. A bad one results in a miss.

Jamie Murphy's was the latter

Ok it didn’t go in, but I have seen a lot worse penalties than Jamies last night. He struck the ball confidently and a few millimetres the other way it was a certain goal. Blackmans attempt from 4 yards out looked far worse. There is a fine line between winning and losing and when it comes down to the nitty gritty we appear to be experts at the latter.

If my memory serves Craigan was taking part in the spat at the dugouts. It was all kicking off in various places at the one time and as already pointed out, did it really make a difference to Murphy? The main thing for me was the delay in the penalty being taken, and in all fairness Craigan could have sat on Murphy's shoulders telling them all to beat it, and it wouldn't have mind a blind bit of difference to the delay in proceedings.

You are probably correct, It wouldn't have made any difference to the delay, however it would have made Murphy look and I suspect feel that he wasn't on the wrong side of a very lopsided gang fight. Craigan may well have been invloved in th espat at the dugouts, he should however have been invloved in th espat/intimidation/bullying in th epenalty area, in those circumstances that is his job.

Fuck off Well del, he's big and ugly enough tae look after himself without someone fighting his battles! We got beat because over the 2 legs they got the brakes and took their chances well, we didn't so stop talking pish and get behind the team for the rest of the season!

:notworthy:

Who are you telling to fuck off. No need for that .

We win and lose as a team, we stand and fight as a team. they were mob handed in the area , Murphy was alone.

Who are you telling to fuck off. No need for that .

We win and lose as a team, we stand and fight as a team. they were mob handed in the area , Murphy was alone.

Your a fanny, aye we're a team but to blame Crags for Murphy missing a penalty is obtuse. European football for us is a bonus, had we made the group stages and been put out you'd probably have been back on spouting more dribble. Fuck off tae Ibrox if you want to see more european football.

Your a fanny, aye we're a team but to blame Crags for Murphy missing a penalty is obtuse. European football for us is a bonus, had we made the group stages and been put out you'd probably have been back on spouting more dribble. Fuck off tae Ibrox if you want to see more european football.

Are you really that thick ?

I am not blaming Murphy for anything.

I am not even blaming Craigan for Murphy missing the penalty.

As for the rest of your post, utter shite.

And from your posts its you who looks like the fanny.

Easy solution - whoever takes the pk, get the ball and go walk away and chat to another Motherwell player, away from the hustle until the ref is ready for the pk to take place.

Either that or sign Carlo Tevez to give some banter back to the opposition, make some gestures to them, then BANG DORITOS..... as he blasts the ball into the roof of the net, wiping the grin of that twat Rooney's face in the process.

I think the fact that the ref was taking some names and their goalkeeper had pissed off might have delayed the taking of the pen. I am not a huge fan of Craigans but to blame him for Murphy's miss is ridiculous. Did you miss him stopping Saunders getting a booking for dissent when we should have had a pen?

This isn't about the penalty miss although I think Craigans actions or rather inaction may have had an effect on the result either way.

This is about the fact that while their players or at least 4 of them were crowded around , all standing on the penalty spot, intimidating Murphy. Our club captain, who is also a vastly experienced Captain of his country, was crouched down in our half well away from the situation in the area. As Captain I think he should have been in the area, getting into the faces of their players, intimidating them, protecting and backing up Murphy. Immaterial of the end result.

At the latter stages of the game they were literally fighting tooth and nail, kicking, harrassing and generally thowing their collective weight around. We should have been standing our ground and Craigan should have been at the front.

or mibey its just me.

This isn't about the penalty miss although I think Craigans actions or rather inaction may have had an effect on the result either way.

This is about the fact that while their players or at least 4 of them were crowded around , all standing on the penalty spot, intimidating Murphy. Our club captain, who is also a vastly experienced Captain of his country, was crouched down in our half well away from the situation in the area. As Captain I think he should have been in the area, getting into the faces of their players, intimidating them, protecting and backing up Murphy. Immaterial of the end result.

At the latter stages of the game they were literally fighting tooth and nail, kicking, harrassing and generally thowing their collective weight around. We should have been standing our ground and Craigan should have been at the front.

or mibey its just me.

Grow up ya wee fanny, what a lot of shite. Aye your rite it is just you.

I do think that when there is a big delay between the penalty getting awarded and the actual taking of the spot kick, the taker should pass responsibility to someone who hasn't just spent the last 5 minutes thinking about it and getting wound up by the other teams gamesmanship.

We saw it last season with JOB against Rangers and we saw it lastnight. I wouldv liked to have seen Craigan go up top and say to Murphy, just hang back, give it to Hatley or Hammil who the opposition havent been winding up. Further on from that point, if it looks likely the pen is getting awarded for a red card offence and theres defo going to be a delay, get someone who's not going to be hittting it to pick up the ball and take the crap from the opposition. It would have been quality to have seen Saunders standing with the ball for 5 minutes, taking the bait and then throwing the ball to Murphy when the time actually came.