Future Manager

El Grew

Whilst certainly in no rush to lose them, given the age of our current management team its odds on they won't be around for a long time so I wondered if we would consider going for a young go-ahead manager who already has a decent track record, albeit in a lower league but who has shown he is not of the 'old school' and who clearly has an appetite for going places. Who you ask? Derek Adams.

He is clearly making his mark at Ross County and has his young team playing attractive winning football. Has his own ideas and is not out of the usual mould. Might just be what we need.

Whilst certainly in no rush to lose them, given the age of our current management team its odds on they won't be around for a long time so I wondered if we would consider going for a young go-ahead manager who already has a decent track record, albeit in a lower league but who has shown he is not of the 'old school' and who clearly has an appetite for going places. Who you ask? Derek Adams.

He is clearly making his mark at Ross County and has his young team playing attractive winning football. Has his own ideas and is not out of the usual mould. Might just be what we need.

IMO - C.B. & A.K. won't be around after this season, so lets all make the best of it.

They might have stuck around and shaped the club, if the finances were in place to enable them, but unfortunately they have taken us as far as they could with the financial restraints.

Interesting times ahead.

I would like to see Gordon Young getting more involved and hopefully learn from AK & CB. Let CB step up and bring in Youngy next year. In my opinion he would be the ideal person for our youngsters, and his teams play really good passing football, plus he already knows all the youngsters for years.

I would like to see Gordon Young getting more involved and hopefully learn from AK & CB. Let CB step up and bring in Youngy next year. In my opinion he would be the ideal person for our youngsters, and his teams play really good passing football, plus he already knows all the youngsters for years.

Gordon is doing a great job as Head of Youth at Fir Park and given that he is on the bench, is obviously rated by the current management team. The fact that he is a Motherwell fan is a big plus and IMO one for the future.

to be honest, Il be selfish and say I dont want Gordon Young anywhere near our managers position, Craig Brown for as long as he wants the job then someone like Derek Adams or another good young manager Id he happy with, but seeing his work with the youth teams and how highly rated he is by them, I want Youngy in charge of keeping our conveyor belt running for as long as possible

Wouldn't want Young or Adams.Young is too inexperienced and even theough Adams has done a good job at RC I feel he is a 1 hit wonder.Thats just my opinion.

Would prefer someone like Aidy Boothroyd.He is young and did good jobs at Watford and Colchester.Maybe with Craggs in his backroom staff

Wouldn't want Young or Adams.Young is too inexperienced and even theough Adams has done a good job at RC I feel he is a 1 hit wonder.Thats just my opinion.

Would prefer someone like Aidy Boothroyd.He is young and did good jobs at Watford and Colchester.Maybe with Craggs in his backroom staff

:wallbash: Youngie may be a lot of things but inexperienced is not one of them. Just because he hasn't taken the full team out at Fir Park but he has MANAGED almost every player to have played in the first team over the years and has great respect not just from the players but for the job he does. Yes it may be behind the scenes. Have you seen the enthusiasm this guy has for all things Motherwell. You can keep yer adams and boothroyds, Youngie has everything required and his youth teams always play fast free flowing football and is a joy to watch. How are guys like him supposed to get a job if you dismiss him immediately. Guys like McLeish etc got jobs as manager here and had fuck all or very little experience with anyone else never mind at Motherwell

Guys like McLeish etc got jobs as manager here and had fuck all or very little experience with anyone else never mind at Motherwell

Aye, and look where it got us.

If Gordon Young (and guys like him) are looking to get into first team management maybe they should start in the lower leagues and work his way up.

Nothing against the guy, I just don't want another rookie boss anywhere near us again. McLeish, Davies, Black and Malpas have taught us that they are best left alone.

It's impossible to tell as you just don't know what the circumstances will be at the time of the next appointment so in a sense its a bit of a pointless debate.

You just don't know what the finances will be like, will we be able to chase a manager we want or be financially restricted to appointing from within or someone out of a job? Will there be a desire amongst the board to go with experience again or give someone their first job? Will the appointment be forced upon us or will we have time to plan for the appointment? I just think there are so many variables its not really worth putting up any candidates at this stage.

Certainly no bad thing though that Gordon Young is gaining experience working along with the 1st team as well as his vital youth development duties, if it does provide another option when the time comes - but more importantly if he, the players and the existing coaching team are benefiting from his involvement currently.

Id love to see Gordon Young given the resources to really take our youth teams to the next level.(I know we cant afford it but we can dream) We have brought through some cracking young players the last few years and have some fantastic talent coming through,the youth teams play some fantastic football and the enthusiasm and respect they have for Youngy speaks volumes, just imagine how he could do given the budget of some of the bigger clubs?

Always thought McCart would end up manager at one point till he fecked of n done dirty on us. My mate played under him at Celtic, took him with him from Motherwell, and has nothing but good words to say bout him

If taking a higher paid post at one of the big 2 is in your opinion doing the dirty, then so be it. I would welcome Chris McCart back here in a flash. He is well respected throughout football and an honest guy who would do a good job anywhere.

Aye, and look where it got us.

If Gordon Young (and guys like him) are looking to get into first team management maybe they should start in the lower leagues and work his way up.

Nothing against the guy, I just don't want another rookie boss anywhere near us again. McLeish, Davies, Black and Malpas have taught us that they are best left alone.

Agreed.