Murphy Injury

dundeesteelman

no chance

looked like he just got hit in the head by the ball, he'll be playing at weekend. left pitch as he felt groggy.

Dunno what game you were at - definitely nothing to do with a head injury.

looked clearly was his knee or ankle - hence the limp.

As far as I know a limp doesn't follow a bump on the napper

Dunno what game you were at - definitely nothing to do with a head injury.

looked clearly was his knee or ankle - hence the limp.

As far as I know a limp doesn't follow a bump on the napper

From my viewpoint, it looked like the Utd player hass landed his studs on Murphy's calf/ankle when they were both coming down, causing Murphy to go right over his ankle when the two hit the ground. Looked a really sore one.

We missed Murphy's pace up front when he went off, Sutton is ok in the Air but he is as slow as a week in the jail :P so hope he recovers quickly. On the same note we are missing Lasley in midfield as well, so i hope he gets fit quickly

I think we didn't make the right substitution there. our success on sat and in the initial period came from the interplay between Murph, Gow and Blackman. When Sutton came on we changed the gameplan to suit his introduction (whether that was intentional on Broon's part or maybe gave our deefenders an out to target passes to the big man to nod down)

mcHugh might have been a more like for like substitution that at least kept us playing the same way.

He came back onto the park at the final whistle ...he had a flip flop on his left foot and could hardly put any weight on it at all ...looks like he could be out for a few weeks based on that

Those 2 hard games have taken there toll on the squad with Lasley , Murphy and Jennings all struggling now .

If Murphy is out why can't we play Sutton and Blackman up front with Gow sitting in behind them? That's where Gow plays his best football (historically) in my opinion.

If Lasley and Murphy are out for the Accies game why not play:

---------------------------------------Randoplh-----------------------------------------------

Saunders--------------Craigan------------------Reynolds-------------------------Hammell

Hateley---------------------------Jennings---------------------------------------Humphrey

---------------------------------------Gow---------------------------------------------------

--------------------------Sutton-----------------Blackman----------------------------------

Humphrey seems to be able to swith from right to left ok and with Hately in right of centre midfield he can help pull Saunders through the game if he's struggling. Not a fan of playing Sutton in the midfield like he was last night because A. He's not as effective there and B. it reminds me of Richie Foran in the Butcher era, and a poor version of it at that. Sutton is best up front, knocking the ball down to Blackman or Gow and getting his head on the end of crosses.

Hammell and Jennings struggling too apparently!!!

Bloody hell. Sadly the price we are paying for having a very good season so far and due to that playing a lot of games.

Would like to see Fizzy get a chance at the weekend if we're struggling.

Agree. Seems to be out of the plans at the moment. With his contract running out in December this is possibly his final chance to impress Brown/Knox and earn a contract extension.

is this the start of injuries causing problems with our very threadbare squad? are you listening mr. boyle? craigie has been bemoaning our squad size for a wee while now, hopefully the fringe players who get their chance do really well.

Aye burst open yer wallet Boyle. :P

Well said sir! :wacko: